State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

No more excuses. Spencer Johnson plays every remaining game this season for the redbacks.

Hunt
Fraser-McGurk
McSweeney
Drew
Manenti
Lehmann
Nielsen
McAndrew
Johnson
Buckingham
Pope/Agar

Daylight

carder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more excuses. Spencer Johnson plays every remaining game this season for the redbacks.

Hunt
Fraser-McGurk
McSweeney
Drew
Manenti
Lehmann
Nielsen
McAndrew
Johnson
Buckingham
Pope/Agar

Daylight

carder

JFM will be with Aussie squad won’t he?

Also expecting Lloyd Pope to play. Happy enough to just have Manenti as number 6.

Hunt
Fraser-McGurk
McSweeney
Drew
Manenti
Lehmann
Nielsen
McAndrew
Johnson
Buckingham
Pope/Agar

Daylight

carder

Drew got a king pair in the second XI game

Drew is following the textbook South Australian batsman path

Take a while to get an opportunity

When finally picked, show some really promising signs, pile on runs and look like a 1st XI lock for many years

Start the next season poorly

Lose confidence

Out of team

He's only missing the media murmurings of possible future Australian selection (Weatherald, Hunt) which is usually an SA batsman's career death knell

Hunt
Fraser-McGurk
McSweeney
Drew
Manenti
Lehmann
Nielsen
McAndrew
Johnson
Buckingham
Pope/Agar

Daylight

carder

What's the odds that Queensland poach him next season.

You just know its going to happen.

What's the odds that Queensland poach him next season.

You just know its going to happen.

I believe he re-signed at the end of last season for 2 or 3 seasons as he was uncontracted.

It’s a tough one as he was injured so much when contracted here but at the same time can understand why he feels he owes QLD cricket. As much as he would be handy at the Strikers I think a Redbacks/Heat combo would work well for the foreseeable future. They can’t really entice him with more money either now that he’s getting his IPL pay day.

I believe he re-signed at the end of last season for 2 or 3 seasons as he was uncontracted.

It’s a tough one as he was injured so much when contracted here but at the same time can understand why he feels he owes QLD cricket. As much as he would be handy at the Strikers I think a Redbacks/Heat combo would work well for the foreseeable future. They can’t really entice him with more money either now that he’s getting his IPL pay day.
Fair enough but as you know, we have a terrible history of letting good cricketers go.

I wouldn't trust the hierarchy (especially Tim Nielson) to sit the right way on a dunny seat.

Love that team!
Six South Australians

Yes it's a weird balance with 4 quicks, 2 spinners, 1 keeper and 4 batters but our batters aren't making more runs than Manenti or McAndrew anyway

Smith no doubt lucky to get another chance but I'm still a believer!

What about Hunt?

Has he been dropped or is he injured?
Wow!

Missed that. Big call from the selectors. He played club cricket on the weekend so presumably is available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow!

Missed that. Big call from the selectors. He played club cricket on the weekend so presumably is available
Pretty sure that's just an opinion, as there's nothing from the SACA website or their twitter account

Smith? How many chances will this be, 3 or 4?
Team for Shield match vs Victoria Feb 3rd

Smith
Capel
McSweeney
Carey (c)
Drew
Manenti
McAndrew
Agar
Johnson
Buckingham
Pope

Unavailable: Head, Fraser-McGurk
I think a nice little p...take from a West Torrens supporter.
I would think though that they may finally drop Lehmann and McSweeney can captain the team.

Why can’t Spencer Johnson get a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back