Registration day for grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

and now non members might have an idea why paid members were upset about them securing barcodes

You keep complaining about people who didn't buy a membership being desperate to go, but why didn't you just buy the $30 upgrade if you're so desperate to go? It's pretty much the same thing.

You keep complaining about people who didn't buy a membership being desperate to go, but why didn't you just buy the $30 upgrade if you're so desperate to go? It's pretty much the same thing.
no it's not mate...have been a Quay club member for 19 yrs. We had spare numbers and last thing I would do is be a traitor to the people I sit next to week in week out, because I can make a few bucks out of it.

no it's not mate...have been a Quay club member for 19 yrs. We had spare numbers and last thing I would do is be a traitor to the people I sit next to week in week out, because I can make a few bucks out of it.

I'm just saying, you were arguing earlier that people should have been willing to fork out for memberships if they wanted a ticket, but you can just as easily say people like you should have been willing to fork out for an upgrade if they wanted a ticket. It's essentially the same argument.

I hope everyone on here gets a ticket though, there should be a priority category for people who are so obsessed we log on to a footy forum every day.

I think that is likely (or do I just think that because I want it to be true!)
I hope so too. It said that each entry, regardless of the number of codes, counts as one ballot entry. I guess it's possible that the first five drawn are 5x1000 code conglomerates and everyone else is stuffed.

I hope so too. It said that each entry, regardless of the number of codes, counts as one ballot entry. I guess it's possible that the first five drawn are 5x1000 code conglomerates and everyone else is stuffed.

Each entry was a max of 8 tickets.

Spotto.

Of all people, you should have forked out.

Best of luck to all on the ticket thing.

I reckon the upshot would be is that if you're in the ballot with a single barcode you a very unlikley to miss out, since when they come to filling blocks out at the end there will be single seats, any higher number and you could miss out.
Basically we just have to hope that by random chance a large number the ballot tickets not drawn are for those gunning for 4 to 8 seats since that would leave more for the rest of us. Unless you happen to be one of those people I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the upshot would be is that if you're in the ballot with a single barcode you a very unlikley to miss out, since when the come to filling blocks out at the end there will be single seats, any higher number and you could miss out.
Basically we just have to hope that by random chance a large number the ballot tickets not drawn are for those gunning for 4 to 8 seats since that would leave more for the rest of us. Unless you happen to be one of those people I suppose.
they did suggest on their facebook that you break up larger groups for that reason, but then what would happen if half your group got tickets the the others didn't? it's all roulette in the end

they did suggest on their facebook that you break up larger groups for that reason, but then what would happen if half your group got tickets the the others didn't? it's all roulette in the end

You have 2 adults and 2 kids right? I would've done 2 entries with an adult + concession, then at least one half of you could go.

I don't like to deal in hypotheticals but if that happened, just take the child who has given greater effort in their support this year.

Good luck.

I have my accommodation anyway (booked in April), just need the flights. Come on private jet.
just found out we got packages :)

Also, the AFL just sent through this offer:

As a valued AFL subscriber be one of the first 100 to book a 2013 Toyota AFL Grand Final package and we'll provide FREE* tickets to the Fremantle Preliminary Final next week!

Be there every step of the way!

To take advantage of this offer, you need to enter FREO in the promotional code field when purchasing your Grand Final package online at the AFL Event Office.

Last remaining packages include a reserved seat to the 2013 Toyota AFL Grand FInal and access to exclusive AFL functions.

Don't miss your chance to Witness Greatness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Registration day for grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back