Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was some amazing Friday night footy. BT needs to be put on the scrap heap.

I know he has his fans around this part but his ability to call the game is gone. At one stage on a Swans inside 50 he says "Franklin the target" and literally a second prior to the kick Franklin is on the lead and the ball gets blasted 40m over his head to Reid.

Then he bitches about the sheer volume of free kicks paid. Then he says oh it's 60 free kicks. Then 30 seconds later he is questioning no free against Warner for laying a strong bump to kill the ball over the boundary on his HFF.

Bemusing. I'll take the jokey footy calls if he has some accuracy mixed in but he's lost it. And hopefully Ch7 lose the rights to follow.

On the other hand, really enjoying Buckley's insights for Fox. Still speaks in modern coach lingo, not made up commentator speak. Great to hear.

50 was technically there and I think the whistle was audible enough for long enough for him to have heard it.

But, it would or could have manufactured a completely different and inauthentic outcome if he had paid it.

Footy isn't cricket, you can't be so anal. The sport's too quick, too dynamic, too many random actions made in split seconds.

It was the right call.

I know he has his fans around this part but his ability to call the game is gone. At one stage on a Swans inside 50 he says "Franklin the target" and literally a second prior to the kick Franklin is on the lead and the ball gets blasted 40m over his head to Reid.

Then he bitches about the sheer volume of free kicks paid. Then he says oh it's 60 free kicks. Then 30 seconds later he is questioning no free against Warner for laying a strong bump to kill the ball over the boundary on his HFF.

Bemusing. I'll take the jokey footy calls if he has some accuracy mixed in but he's lost it. And hopefully Ch7 lose the rights to follow.

On the other hand, really enjoying Buckley's insights for Fox. Still speaks in modern coach lingo, not made up commentator speak. Great to hear.
Agree 100%. Just gets stuck on his pet topics and players without delivering a single insightful or interesting comment. He was also very keen to see Richmond win...

I would contend you need BT's type (more than a team of Buckleys) for a Friday night game to add to the atmosphere, but not BT himself any longer.

Agree 100%. Just gets stuck on his pet topics and players without delivering a single insightful or interesting comment. He was also very keen to see Richmond win...

I would contend you need BT's type (more than a team of Buckleys) for a Friday night game to add to the atmosphere, but not BT himself any longer.

Yeah sorry I was spewing thoughts faster than BT makes up nicknames, but I wasn't suggesting Buckley does any more than special comments. Was watching via Fox so Buckley was on the pre and post game call and I just like the way he delivers his info and the quality of it.

He's so refreshing. Adds actual insight into the game. He's a great media talent as well.

It's just ridiculous that we have what seems like an endless supply of footy media personalities and so few voices that actually talk intelligently and intelligibly about football.

fwr I think Ross Lyon is also quite good when he drops the schtick and dissects a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 was technically there and I think the whistle was audible enough for long enough for him to have heard it.

But, it would or could have manufactured a completely different and inauthentic outcome if he had paid it.

Footy isn't cricket, you can't be so anal. The sport's too quick, too dynamic, too many random actions made in split seconds.

It was the right call.
The problem is that the whistle is used to signify a free kick, and also to mark the end of the game.

Add to that the umpires get the siren through their earpieces, so often hear it before the players.

Given that, how was Warner meant to know it was a free kick whistle rather than end of game whistle? There wasn't enough of a time gap in my opinion.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dusty has fallen off a cliff.
And the vic media think the NSW teams would be selling the farm for him .

He has missed so many games due to personal issues . I know his dad passed but even before that he was taking ' time off ' .

Dane beams type red flags . Older player whose heart isn't in it anymore wanting a change to help his lifestyle

He has missed so many games due to personal issues . I know his dad passed but even before that he was taking ' time off ' .

Dane beams type red flags . Older player whose heart isn't in it anymore wanting a change to help his lifestyle
They said on Fox he's on 1.3 million a year for his last 2 years.
No clubs going to pay that.

Hes unlikely to be involved in footy after retiring (more likely to join his mate fischer). He is past is peak, makes sense for richmond to be all supporting if he wanted to move to sydney whilst wanting a first rounder for him.

He's so refreshing. Adds actual insight into the game. He's a great media talent as well.

It's just ridiculous that we have what seems like an endless supply of footy media personalities and so few voices that actually talk intelligently and intelligibly about football.

fwr I think Ross Lyon is also quite good when he drops the schtick and dissects a game.

Lyon is okay until he's questioned- gets his back up and defensive within seconds exactly like he used to at conferences. Cannot handle the slightest bit if criticism.

Lyon is okay until he's questioned- gets his back up and defensive within seconds exactly like he used to at conferences. Cannot handle the slightest bit if criticism.

He also has his own Lyonisms which can be hard to follow. Nafan just speaks in an easy to digest way, simple enough to follow, insightful enough to absorb the content more than a bunch of plebs pretending to know what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back