Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpiring aside, what a ****ing ripper Friday night game as a neutral. Just two years ago these two teams playing at GMHBA would have meant a Friday evening smashing by 60+ without Geelong breaking a sweat. That Friday night footy in a nutshell and I loved every second of it (except I did want Brisbane to win).

Geelong still played a great game, even if the umpiring was atrocious. Hawkins looks as dangerous as ever, and with danger probably playing more fwd minutes again (when he's back) they'll be right up there for sure.

I don’t know which one was worse. Blicavs in defence, or Guthrie to Selwood for the goal. 12 free points.
Blicavs will get the attention because it was so late in the game and it was a poor decision.

But the Guthrie one was easily the worse decision. Was HTB after he was spun through 360, so even if he got rid of it correctly it's still a free to Lions. The throw/hand-off was just the icing on the cake.

Not selling any state secrets here but the amount of throws and incorrect disposal players are getting away with now is just pure shite. AFL has to do something.

Just two years ago these two teams playing at GMHBA would have meant a Friday evening smashing by 60+ without Geelong breaking a sweat.

The AFL continue to schedule interstate teams at that shit-heap of a ground. It's a joke and nothing more than a leg-up for Geelong in the name of "bigger crowds".

Fagan and Scott should duke it out.

Fagan would crush him and Snott would call on his little brother to come team up to have a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can hear Bruce now

‘Gee thats gonna cause a bit of...... *inhales* CONTROVERSY!!!!’
Bruce wouldn't even acknowledge it, and just proceed to shout the name SELWOOD!! SELWOOD!! about 10 times and saying how 'absolutely wonderful and beautiful' Geelong were without even mentioning Brisbane. I await the return of Dennis! He will come, and we shall be saved!

The AFL continue to schedule interstate teams at that sh*t-heap of a ground. It's a joke and nothing more than a leg-up for Geelong in the name of "bigger crowds".
Would be fine if ALL of geelongs home games are there, and teams like the Pies and Tuggers had to head there.

If you haven't seen it

The worst thing is umpire O'Gorman (10) was positioned in the pocket with an undeniably clear view of that contest - yet somehow inexplicably did not call it as incorrect disposal.

Either the umpire was afraid to make a decision (and thus should not be out there in the first place), or something far worse for the integrity of the competition was going on.

The bigger problem is, this is just one incident. In the last five minutes of play you could isolate another half dozen events like this that incorrectly favoured Geelong and helped to sway the outcome of the match.

As a neutral viewer, it seemed to me the way the match was being umpired completely changed once Brisbane reduced the margin down to less than a goal.

Now I'm not accusing of match-fixing or any such behaviour having taken place, but there will need to be some serious explanations from AFL HQ in order to prevent supporters from taking that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back