TAS Relocated Demons: Tassie Van Demons Guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

If there ever was a time when a photo of a tumbling weed was needed, now is that time

It's just a joke dude. Just being silly :)
Just saying it could look cool though.

Don't know about the Boags sponsorship there, would look better with a Cascade logo IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just replace Melbourne's navy blue with navy green and thier set :thumbsu:

Seriously though, if the dee's have no chance of staying in Melbourne then i sure hope they relocate to Tasmania before the Kanga's do. Otherwise they will have to merge, and regrdless of wether they merge with a Melbourne club or not, all thier history will be destroyed.

Remember, the MFC are the second oldest football club in the world, oldest football club in Australia, and invented the greatest game on earth.

As for as all the other melbourne clubs go, its dog eat dog.

Seriously though, if the dee's have no chance of staying in Melbourne then i sure hope they relocate to Tasmania before the Kanga's do. Otherwise they will have to merge, and regrdless of wether they merge with a Melbourne club or not, all thier history will be destroyed.

Remember, the MFC are the second oldest football club in the world, oldest football club in Australia, and invented the greatest game on earth.

but if melbourne went to tassie they would be called the Tasmanian football club so they would lose all there history and i would no longer call them the same club if that happend. like them moving does not suit there team name.

but if melbourne went to tassie they would be called the Tasmanian football club so they would lose all there history and i would no longer call them the same club if that happend. like them moving does not suit there team name.

It doesn't matter what you think.

They would still be the same club.

Thier next premiership would be number 13.

They would still be the oldest football club in Australia (2nd oldest in the world).

Just remember, ultimately, a club can only represent those who support it.

Just remember, ultimately, a club can only represent those who support it.

By that logic the Swnas would become South Melbourne again in the next year or two when they become greater in number than Sydney supporters.

No I'm sorry a club doesn't represent it's supporters, it represents the geographical location it says it represents. The fact many people in that location might not give a rat's is irrelevant. I support the Swans because they represent Sydney, the city I love.

By that logic the Swnas would become South Melbourne again in the next year or two when they become greater in number than Sydney supporters.

The swans being located in Sydney (and being branded as Sydney), is just an incentive for local Sydney people to support that club.

Thats why they moved up there.

And it was a good move.

Obviously.

If they thought they were better off by moving back down to Melbourne, (where most of thier supporters are) then they would.

No I'm sorry a club doesn't represent it's supporters, it represents the geographical location it says it represents. The fact many people in that location might not give a rat's is irrelevant.

It is irrelevent.

As long as they have most of thier support in whatever location they're based in.

Which Sydney has.

When GC and WS come in, it is obvious to anyone that most of thier supporters will be from one of these areas.

Becasue thats where they are based.

So are you saying that clubs don't actually represent locations - it is just a trick to get people in those locations to support the team?

If that is your argument then I could not disagree more. I'm sure it's an argument that some old South Melbourne and Fitzroy fans like to console themselves with though.

(Pssst, we're really just the Swans now, we are just pretending to represent Sydney in order to take the money from those gullible Sydneysiders) Puhlease !! Most South Melbourne supporters accept that the Swans now represent Sydney.

I would argue that the quiet proposition that the team really only represents its supporters is just an incentive to draw (or retain) support from outside the geographical location it actively and openly states it represents.

08u0d1r4e5nsyrtepy8h.png

There ya go. Combines Melbourne's shirt with the colours of the old Tasmania SoO team.

Here's another, with gold cuffs and collar instead of maroon:

iz08p320euelxg85lpfq.png

Couple of away shirts:

f9dw2d9kyj3ps9qbazy6.png

d0fkm4s0ze2o5gki54ou.png

Relocation - absolutely no f###ing way in hell. Not even (and especially not) Hawthorn. As someone who has stated in the past that I would jump on board a scratch Tasmanian side if it represented the state in the manner it should (and this proud Tasmanian has some strict criteria), this wouldn't even come close, and I'd always consider it as the Dees no matter what they reprinted it with...

If not ours, then no team at all. Simple as that. Makes it harder, probably impossible, but that's the only acceptable deal.

I also will not be one of thousands holding the collective knife that stabbed a Melbourne side, any Melbourne side, in the back, and robbed hundreds of thousands of people their beloved team...

This sort of thing is good for Sydney and Brisbane, let them indulge - not for Tasmanian footy.

This sort of thing is good for Sydney and Brisbane, let them indulge - not for Tasmanian footy.

It isn't good for Sydney or Brisbane either. Western Sydney will be more successful than the Swans in the long term for many reasons not the least of which will be the Swans Victorian connection.

Melbourne didn't have anything to do with inventing the code. They were formed a year after it was first played.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAS Relocated Demons: Tassie Van Demons Guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back