Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like we told the AFL to schedule us to play the last 7 games at home. If we were ******ed enough to do that, we'd have asked for the first 7 in order to bump memberships. Because after all, 7 games at home means we will win all of them right? #BigFootyLogic

The only two teams with the game to beat us are out of the finals already and if the pies make it they don't have Cox to clunk it.

It's a pretty easy game plan to beat us, keep possession and kick it to the tall forward who will clunk it. Oops, barge arse isn't playing. Maybe we will somehow be blamed for that too?

I'm looking forward to the melts on the Vline train back to the shanty town again. But hey, the West Gate is a zoo on friday nights so no handbaggers will turn up - again.

That's ok.

You haven't watched us closely this year, and understood Josh's leg infection injury and pathway back to the senior team where he's now flying.

And all I know of Parfitt is the pronunciation of his name is standing joke for a Ch7 commentator, and he's not a premiership player like Josh. So apologies for my ignorance. No doubt he regularly makes the sports pages of the Geelong Advertiser, near the Inverleigh livestock sales results and the repossessed car auction ads.

Haere Ra

Game - Set - match

I only looked from 2006-2012, as that was all I could find, lol. Fair point though, but notice that dramatic spike in numbers from 2011 - 2012, and then every year after. Where were those 60,000 members during the down period? Equating for normal rate of league growth based on success, you should have been around the 70-75,000 mark. Lo and behold though, you win a flag, you get another 25,000 on board.

We won a bunch of flags, still had normal build-up. As I said, definition of bandwagoners. Only times you've had a surge in numbers, is when you've been on track for finals. You're not like Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn etc. who have always had decent numbers even during down periods.

Your supporters jump on the bandwagon when things are rosy and you're enjoying success. If you had so many supporters originally, where was their membership support during the days of Richo, Campbell, Newman and N!nthmond? Nowhere to be found. Odd for such a 'big Melbourne club'

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

how good are you going when at the half way mark decimated by injuries everyone laughing that Richmond won't even make finals then come prelim time playing the team that was on top for virtually the entire season and it's considered a massive choke if we don't win....

A serious look should be taken at Chris Scott's coaching gig if he can't get up next Friday

View attachment 746598

View attachment 746602

Cue generic Chris Scott shocked faced response in 5...4...3...2...1...

As opposed to Geelol supporters in real life...

IdleCraftyFoal-small.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond was my second team for most of my life. I supported them first as I love Tigers (the animal) and I loved Richo and Wayne Campbell. Still sort of is as my mate is old friends with Dusty and I love Cotch, but a lot of supporters have really lowered their colours with their braggadocio following your flag in '17. I supported Geelong growing up because of Ablett Snr and the spectacle that he put on. Have always had a good culture and have had relative success (barring that incident with Ablett Snr, which left a stain on the club). Can't complain tbh. I reckon my experience has been better than most Tigs supporters
Thanks for sharing

how good are you going when at the half way mark decimated by injuries everyone laughing that Richmond won't even make finals then come prelim time playing the team that was on top for virtually the entire season and it's considered a massive choke if we don't win....

A serious look should be taken at Chris Scott's coaching gig if he can't get up next Friday
Won't happen because of #SaltyScotty whinging for the last 3 months has brainwashed the Cats fans into believing it's the AFL's fault they are no good, not his poor coaching.

You will have played 8 out of your last 9 at the MCG. You seriously trying to argue this?

I'm not negative at all. I honestly like the fact that there's no pressure on us, as we weren't expected to win last week. You guys are the form team, with the home ground advantage, supporter advantage and tipped by all pundits to win. That works well for us, as we'll just throw everything at it and hope for the best. You guys choke in two prelims in a row, then the melts will be glorious
Not as glorious as Chris Scott's melts at the presser if Geelong lose. The biggest sook in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back