Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

We’re just coming up with options for you to get there because we really want you there to support your team

That’s a great option you came up with to fly from Avalon to tullamarine. I also suggest essendon airport. Closer to Melbourne

You could also do a water taxi and go straight up the yarra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. So awks. How many times do I have to repeat it....

I...don't...live...in...Geelong...I...live...in...Williamstown

Your KF Jack R said on 360 this week that Hawkins is the epitome of the ultimate KF. I'd be rapt too being a Tigers fan not having to face a team with him up and running. We were a long shot anyway with him in, but without him----
That's just because he knew people would accuse him of being up himself if he said the truth - that JR is the epitome of the ultimate KF.

Ugh. So awks. How many times do I have to repeat it....

I...don't...live...in...Geelong...I...live...in...Williamstown

Yeah but you could still drive to Avalon to catch a plane to tullamarine to get the bus and the water taxi is making more sense by the minute.

Options my man options

Yeah but you could still drive to Avalon to catch a plane to tullamarine to get the bus and the water taxi is making more sense by the minute.

Options my man options

Or they could swim across the bay in a suit in a fan tribute to Dangerfield.

Btw, Geelong membership rates were higher than Richmond, comfortably for a long time up until 2012. You only started getting higher membership rates when you got knocked out by a Carlton side that wasn't even meant to be there in your first final. Definition of bandwagoner, bud.
Wrong!!!!

Cats Membership

Cats Membership.png

Tigers Membership
Tigers Membership.png

Wrong!!!!

Cats Membership

View attachment 746419

Tigers Membership
View attachment 746420

I only looked from 2006-2012, as that was all I could find, lol. Fair point though, but notice that dramatic spike in numbers from 2011 - 2012, and then every year after. Where were those 60,000 members during the down period? Equating for normal rate of league growth based on success, you should have been around the 70-75,000 mark. Lo and behold though, you win a flag, you get another 25,000 on board.

We won a bunch of flags, still had normal build-up. As I said, definition of bandwagoners. Only times you've had a surge in numbers, is when you've been on track for finals. You're not like Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn etc. who have always had decent numbers even during down periods.

Your supporters jump on the bandwagon when things are rosy and you're enjoying success. If you had so many supporters originally, where was their membership support during the days of Richo, Campbell, Newman and N!nthmond? Nowhere to be found. Odd for such a 'big Melbourne club'

A Geelong institution then... like Pyramid Building Society.
Ford
Shell
Alcoa
Target

This crowd's gonna be like our GWS final, these pussies are too scarred to turn up.

Also, it's impossible to get there by 7.50 if you live in Geelong.

Wrong!!!!

Cats Membership

View attachment 746419

Tigers Membership
View attachment 746420

I only looked from 2006-2012, as that was all I could find, lol. Fair point though, but notice that dramatic spike in numbers from 2011 - 2012, and then every year after. Where were those 60,000 members during the down period? Equating for normal rate of league growth based on success, you should have been around the 70-75,000 mark. Lo and behold though, you win a flag, you get another 25,000 on board.

We won a bunch of flags, still had normal build-up. As I said, definition of bandwagoners. Only times you've had a surge in numbers, is when you've been on track for finals. You're not like Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn etc. who have always had decent numbers even during down periods.

Your supporters jump on the bandwagon when things are rosy and you're enjoying success. If you had so many supporters originally, where was their membership support during the days of Richo, Campbell, Newman and N!nthmond? Nowhere to be found. Odd for such a 'big Melbourne club'

Cats 2004 (three years before flag) - 25,000
Cats 2008 (one year after flag) - 37,000
Just under 50% increase

Richmond 2014 (three years before flag) - 66,000
Richmond 2018 (one year after flag) - 100,000
Just over 50% increase

Lol hawks are the very definition of fair weather they were shit for 5 minutes and were voting to merge.

Facts are only 3 teams in the league could have survived the 30 years of garbage we dished up.

If the cats were shit for even the next 15 years they would close up shop quicker than a Ford factory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's another fun fact for you we weren't that far behind the pies for the most of the 2000s despite being utter shit it was only in 2011 they really jumped away, gee i wonder if anything happened in 2010 to cause that.

Cats 2004 (three years before flag) - 25,000
Cats 2008 (one year after flag) - 37,000
Just under 50% increase

Richmond 2014 (three years before flag) - 66,000
Richmond 2018 (one year after flag) - 100,000
Just over 50% increase

Cats numbers were 30,000 in 2008, have another look bud. Was a 10% increase, not 50%. Increased the next year a bit after we LOST the flag. Silly Tiggie making numbers up to suit his agenda.

Fact is, we got 800 more members after our first flag in 44 years...you guys got 25,000 more after your first flag in 37 years...see the difference? I'll give you a hint, it start with a b and ends with a wagon.

You won the flag and jumped from 30 to 36
20% increase

We won and went from 75 to 100, a 33% increase.
We got a jump, but really it wasn’t that ridiculous.

Here's another fun fact for you we weren't that far behind the pies for the most of the 2000s despite being utter s**t it was only in 2011 they really jumped away, gee i wonder if anything happened in 2010 to cause that.

That is interesting...Looks like the Pies and Tigs have something else is common besides their lust for the same expansion club players

Cats numbers were 30,000 in 2008, have another look bud. Was a 10% increase, not 50%. Increased the next year a bit after we LOST the flag. Silly Tiggie making numbers up to suit his agenda.

Fact is, we got 800 more members after our first flag in 44 years...you guys got 25,000 more after your first flag in 37 years...see the difference? I'll give you a hint, it start with a b and ends with a wagon.

Yeah look 75 to 100 is 25%
30 to 36 is 17%
You were also 36k in 2008 maybe you have another look

Not that much difference in % terms just we were coming from a bigger base so it looks much larger.

The real question though is why don't the cats have a bandwagon you're a one team shanty town what else are people doing down there?

Yeah look 75 to 100 is 25%
30 to 36 is 17%

Not that much difference in % terms just we were coming from a bigger base so it looks much larger.

The real question though is why don't the cats have a bandwagon you're a one team shanty town what else are people doing down there?
Meth, apparently 🤪

I don't know. As I keep telling people, I don't live there. But there is a strong suspicion that Chris Scott may be starting a religion dedicated to himself

Meth, apparently 🤪

I don't know. As I keep telling people, I don't live there. But there is a strong suspicion that Chris Scott may be starting a religion dedicated to himself

Not living in Geelong is even worse, you had every opportunity to support a decent club and you still ****ed it

Not living in Geelong is even worse, you had every opportunity to support a decent club and you still f’ed it

Richmond was my second team for most of my life. I supported them first as I love Tigers (the animal) and I loved Richo and Wayne Campbell. Still sort of is as my mate is old friends with Dusty and I love Cotch, but a lot of supporters have really lowered their colours with their braggadocio following your flag in '17. I supported Geelong growing up because of Ablett Snr and the spectacle that he put on. Have always had a good culture and have had relative success (barring that incident with Ablett Snr, which left a stain on the club). Can't complain tbh. I reckon my experience has been better than most Tigs supporters

Last edited:
Ages like a good wine.

Haere Ra

I'm happy with how Parfitt's going. Caddy isn't even Best 22 for you guys anymore.

On another note, that is hilarious, because that guy is exactly what I imagine when I think of an incoherent Tigs supporter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back