Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people would sooner want to put forward an encouraging word towards our footballing heroes.
Some others want to have a loud shot at them by way of confrontation and then you have the snipers.
These are the little lunchbox heroes that want to tout they'd done something they shouldn't have to their friends.
These types of acts usually occur in a veil of stealth and drugging suits this criteria quite nicely.

Did it happen on Saturday? Most likely not.
Is it possible though. Yes, it is.

Were Hoops and Walker tanked out of their minds, most likely.

Do you usually walk around a hotel in undies, most likely not.

Will Hoops give a shite about being in the 2's, probably not, been there done that.

Eddie was just bad luck, police clamping down, etc.

MR is a headcase.

He was leaving the venue, so yes, I definitely believe that drunken buffoons who were watching him have a good time all night, decided that they'd be the tough ones to took out the AFL star. Not once was it reported that they were in a fight.

I don't know what happened with Robbo, so I won't comment on it.

I've heard reports that Pendlebury and his group were mouthing off with the people back and forth earlier in the night, but it never really came to anything (which is how it should be). I guess someone just took it on themselves to be a 'hero'* and do something about it behind his back.

*this one is for you Splendini :eek:

And to think, everyone said the club was a better more disciplined place now that Fev has left ...

The unfortunate thing is, you can't actually stop or prevent players getting on the grog in the off-season/xmas period and acting like irresponsible oafs ...

Only good thing about this is it happened now, and not one week before the start of the season.

Perhaps the club had understimated how deep the problems potentially lie? Was fev just the tip of the iceberg and ultimate sacrificial lamb? Is Fev mainly responsible for players being in this state of mind? I think the adminstration has a lot to answer for but at the end of the day players are adults and some of them simply don't have a brain.

every club will have these - or similar- issues crop up from time to time. unfortunate, but inevitable. keep reinforcing what is expected, but expect blemishes. there are far too many various factors involved to ever eliminate it completely. Large wages, spare time, young kids with healthy ego's, a contact / machismo sport, high fitness and strength, alcohol /drugs, public profiles, knobs in the public chasing some fame, media scrutiny etc etc etc.

every club talks about education. they also privately admit that they'll never be 100% successful. do what you can and let the law sort out it's part.

Just a left field perspective here:

From the one night we had 4 (at least that is the number we have now) of our players in trouble in one way or another.
Please hear me through this notion: It is possible they were drugged. Very unlikely, but possible.

I dined at a very fine City establishment a few years ago now.
My wife and I had a lovely meal with a few drinks and all was fine. We would have been well and truly under the limit and duly set off to go home.
From the moment I stepped into my car, I do not recall one other thing, until next morning.
We both awoke the next day in disbelief as to the way we felt and as to our apparent loss of memory.
I'm not new to have had a big night, but this was different, very different.
We had been drugged. Why and by who is beyond us, but we were drugged, and most likely by that crap GBH.

If these boys have consistent stories I would have urged them to get a blood test, but it may already be too late for that.
I am in no way suggesting that this occurred, but am forcefully suggesting it has happened and will continue to happen, to footballers and other unsuspecting members of our community.

Be aware.
LOL
where did you wake up?
how did you get home?
it's actually called GHB
if you had your drink spiked by a decent amount of GHB it would have knocked you and your wife out cold
remember what happened to Todd McKenny
lol that was hilarious

Put Hoops in the twos and leave him there unless we need him.

Play Walker because we need to see how he goes with and injury free preseason.

Kick Eddie and Robinson up the arse and make them train so hard they shit themselves.

I'd love to comment on this seriously but I know that will end.

However listen to the people that are close to the club and they will tell you what the obvious problem is.

The obvious answer is that all our players are getting drugged by GBH and have no idea what they're doing :cool: No problems to be seen. :eek:

Is Mitch Robinson a bigger nutter than Fraser Brown?

How do you know if Robinson was in a fight that he started?

Every assumes Pendlebury is a saint because he's a soft player and mild mannered.

Leave the innuendo and hearsay to the flogs who follow other clubs.
Perhaps the club had understimated how deep the problems potentially lie? Was fev just the tip of the iceberg and ultimate sacrificial lamb? Is Fev mainly responsible for players being in this state of mind?
Kreuzer.
Hadley.
Bower.
Carrazzo.
Browne.
Armfield.
Murphy.
Waite.
Judd.
Simpson.
Lucas.
Hampson.
Austin.
Ellard.
Jacobs.
O'keeffe.
Anderson.
Fisher.
Davies.
Kerr.
Gibbs.
Grigg.
Mclean.
Henderson.
Johnson.
Russell.
O'hAilpin.
Scotland.
Tiller.
Thornton.
Wiggins.
Warnock.
Yarran.
Cachia.
Dare.
Casboult.
White.
Donaldson.
Tuohy.
Garlett.
Houlihan.
Walker.
Betts.

That's it!

We have a cultural problem.

Shut down the club. :rolleyes:

The fact we dumped Fevola means the club in a position of strength to deal with Walker, Robinson, Betts and Houlihan.

They now know what will happen if they don't lift off the field and change.

The Blues wouldn't have had a leg to stand if we had kept Fevola after all his indiscretions.

Brisbane will have a good time disciplining any other Lions players after they extended Fevola's contract.

"If you stuff up, we'll keep you, pay you extra and lose Bradshaw and Henderson to make it happen"

A footballer needs to be treated like a child and followed by a detective like Fevola the Brisbane Lion.

If they don't learn, it's the clubs fault, not the player's.

There's only so much a club can do.
I'd love to comment on this seriously but I know that will end.

However listen to the people that are close to the club and they will tell you what the obvious problem is.
I guess if we had recruited Andrew Lovett, we could blame another party for his actions and call it Carlton's culture after he was arrested in similar circumstances to Betts.

Go talk about Saints footy somewhere else.

Your culture is still one of failure and feeling sorry for yourselves after a loss.

I'm quite sure we'll hear another Winmar and Riewoldt GF sob story after next year's finals.

I'm sure I'll be called an arrogant Carlton fan after joining JeffDunne on his high horse and giving a lecture.

St Kilda fans know what it takes it to win a flag.

TG, I didn't post that to get into a slanging match and FWIW, you won't find me defending Lovett if he screws up again.

The reason I posted it is because I reckon there's plenty of Carlton supporters that don't have a relationship with anyone at the club and are scratching their heads about why these issues keep being plastered all over the newspapers.

I reckon what would frustrate them most too is that these issues are in isolation somewhat trivial.

As someone that has far more personal connections with your club than mine, unfortunately I have an opinion and it's an opinion I know many close to the club share. Like I said though I'll keep that to myself, but the Carlton people that post here that are close to the club are who people should be listening to if they want to know why this keeps happening. If you don't care then fine, however after reading the thread I would suggest others do.

Anyway that's the last from me on the subject. I'm not here to start anything and that's why I posted it on this board.

How we about we not worry about what other clubs are doing and get our own house in order.

That's fair enough, but I can't see how an Essendon supporter can claim the high moral ground in relation to Lovett when they kept him on their playing list after a number of misdemeanours, including the well publicised incident involving his girlfriend (what a weak act intimidating a female is).

Nor should an Adelaide supporter be telling us the thoughts of an Adelaide recruiter when they are happy to keep Nathan Bock on their list, also after an incident involving his partner (another weak act by a male trying to demonstrate his strength), along with a number of other players who have strayed, but continue to have the support of the Adelaide Football Club.

What the 4 players in question did at the weekend is very disappointing & has greatly let our club down (I was totally pissed off when the Betts & Robbo behaviour was confirmed), but I don't think supporters of any other AFL club are in a position to pass judgement on our recruiters or list management. If they do, I am more than happy to remind them of the ****-ups at their own club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TG, I didn't post that to get into a slanging match and FWIW, you won't find me defending Lovett if he screws up again.

The reason I posted it is because I reckon there's plenty of Carlton supporters that don't have a relationship with anyone at the club and are scratching their heads about why these issues keep being plastered all over the newspapers.

I reckon what would frustrate them most too is that these issues are in isolation somewhat trivial.

As someone that has far more personal connections with your club than mine, unfortunately I have an opinion and it's an opinion I know many close to the club share. Like I said though I'll keep that to myself, but the Carlton people that post here that are close to the club are who people should be listening to if they want to know why this keeps happening. If you don't care then fine, however after reading the thread I would suggest others do.

Anyway that's the last from me on the subject. I'm not here to start anything and that's why I posted it on this board.

Seriously Dunne, that's about as useful as **** on a bull, may as well not posted it :thumbsdown:

I feel sorry for Juddy, maybe his off field leadership isn't as good as first thought. WCE eagles off field problems now Carlton off field probems, they seem to be following him. Maybe it's time for him to have a sit down with the list and get them all on the same page.

Someone mentioned earlier about Eddie being a good guy but loves a beer a bit too much and how good a fella he is. Well from my experience with him thats absolutely correct, a year and a bit ago (I live in Tassie) a bunch of Carlton lads were down here, they were out on the piss etc as normal human being do, nothing wrong with that. Eddie was there with them and they were getting hassled all night of course, by girls wanting to sleep with them and by guys just wanting to talk to them. Now this would obviously get very annoying after a few hrs let alone every single time you go out, thing is Eddie met every person that came up to him and shook their hands, sat with them and talked, had photos, bought a couple of my mates drinks and spent a lot of time talking footy and life with them, there was not one person he was rude to or disrespectful, he was so genuine and kind to people I have been a massive fan ever since. I have never seen a professional sportsman/athlete anywhere ever treat the public that well.

So in summary yeah he might need to go easy on the beers a bit more and be careful with his behavour when drinking but you could not fault him in general as a human being I dont think, because he is clearly a good person.

I feel sorry for Juddy, maybe his off field leadership isn't as good as first thought. WCE eagles off field problems now Carlton off field probems, they seem to be following him. Maybe it's time for him to have a sit down with the list and get them all on the same page.
It is not Chris Judd's responsibility to hold each and every one of thems hand every minute of every day.

The club I'm sure makes them aware of their responsibilities and from there they will mostly make their own decisions, good or bad.

Seriously Dunne, that's about as useful as **** on a bull, may as well not posted it :thumbsdown:

Yeh - I'm all ears. Anyone know what he is referring to. I'll give it to JeffDunne he seems to have pretty good sources within the club.

Out with it Jeffrey !

Edit: Just realised - suspect JD is referring to Kernahan ???

It is not Chris Judd's responsibility to hold each and every one of thems hand every minute of every day.

The club I'm sure makes them aware of their responsibilities and from there they will mostly make their own decisions, good or bad.

That is very true, but as captain of the footy club, he needs to get them in line more than the coach.

The leadership group is voted by the players, they are the ones who set the example, they are also the ones who come down hard on the players, it's not Ratt's duty. Ratt's is the coach, he is in charge of tactics and making sure the club is right for round 1. The captain imo is in charge of the players.

The reason Cox retired is because he was given a dressing down by Maxwell for coming back over weight, he realised he wasn't up for the challenge and quit, it's time for Juddy to lay this down for Bett's.

Just a left field perspective here:

From the one night we had 4 (at least that is the number we have now) of our players in trouble in one way or another.
Please hear me through this notion: It is possible they were drugged. Very unlikely, but possible.

I dined at a very fine City establishment a few years ago now.
My wife and I had a lovely meal with a few drinks and all was fine. We would have been well and truly under the limit and duly set off to go home.
From the moment I stepped into my car, I do not recall one other thing, until next morning.
We both awoke the next day in disbelief as to the way we felt and as to our apparent loss of memory.
I'm not new to have had a big night, but this was different, very different.
We had been drugged. Why and by who is beyond us, but we were drugged, and most likely by that crap GBH.

If these boys have consistent stories I would have urged them to get a blood test, but it may already be too late for that.
I am in no way suggesting that this occurred, but am forcefully suggesting it has happened and will continue to happen, to footballers and other unsuspecting members of our community.

Be aware.

change to
- Carlton Players. Seems like almost every AFL story this week has been all about Carlton. The media love talking about us, there's plenty of other stories to talk about.

This is Betts' second bad behavior performance in 4 months. He needs to be a role model to the younger players, i wonder what garlett and yarran are thinking.

But seriously, all the Carlton players won't be able to go anywhere without something happening, or getting themselves in an article somehow or another.

I feel for Juddy cos every1 is under the assumption that he is the common denominator in all this when comparing to WCEs off field problems in 06/07, seriously the guy is one of the most intelligent guys going around and he's not at the club to be a father figure

Fact is these imbeciles are old enough to be responsible for their actions, I'm really sick and tired of hearing about all this shit

Kreuzer
Hadley
Bower.
Carrazzo.
Browne.
Armfield.
Murphy.
Waite.
Judd.
Simpson.
Lucas.
Hampson.
Austin.
Ellard.
Jacobs.
O'keeffe.
Anderson.
Fisher.
Davies.
Kerr.
Gibbs.
Grigg.
Mclean.
Henderson.
Johnson.
Russell.
O'hAilpin.
Scotland.
Tiller.
Thornton.
Wiggins.
Warnock.
Yarran.
Cachia.
Dare.
Casboult.
White.
Donaldson.
Tuohy.
Garlett.
Houlihan.
Walker.
Betts.

McLean was arrested in Ios with Nathan Carroll, a main reason why he was overlooked for their leadership squad. He was also evicted out of Crown & helped punch up Neitz along with Carroll, at his retirement booze up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back