Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Pendlebury actually do?

& What was exactly Didak charged with?

As for Rhys, he was moved on from the club.

2 weekends ago I was lucky enough to spend a w/e at our Sorrento Holiday House with your captain, which can be verified by 1 staunch Carlton poster here who hates my guts!

I think you would be surprised at what is actually going on at Carlton, that is of a dubious nature.

Yeh right w***er

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far the only one of the 4 has been CONFIRMED to have been intoxicated.

So::

Betts:: As an earlier poster mentioned with the new blitz in the city he only had to be showing minor sign of intoxication and he would have been loked up. Not great, but not the end of the world.

Mitch Robinson:: No confirmation on ANY of the so called punch up rumors. No where does it say he was intoxicated. Nothing here at all.

Andrew Walker:: No where does it say he was intoxicated. Nothing here at all.

Ryan Houlihan:: No where does it say he was intoxicated. Nothing here at all.

So please tell me how the f**k we have a booze cultre at Carlton. Until there is proof they were all pissed everyone of you bagging our club, supporters and trolls alike shut the f**k up. You have no idea what has happened. You are all as bad as the media. It makes me sick how quick you turn on our club as soon as that poxy paper prints some bullsh*t rumor.

That is very true, but as captain of the footy club, he needs to get them in line more than the coach.

The leadership group is voted by the players, they are the ones who set the example, they are also the ones who come down hard on the players, it's not Ratt's duty. Ratt's is the coach, he is in charge of tactics and making sure the club is right for round 1. The captain imo is in charge of the players.

The reason Cox retired is because he was given a dressing down by Maxwell for coming back over weight, he realised he wasn't up for the challenge and quit, it's time for Juddy to lay this down for Bett's.

Oh puhleeeese, Maxwell comparison to Judd, there is some serious garbage being posted on here.

Maxwell is not even Judd;s little toe you peanut. and as if he can hire and fire.

Get some therapy

I;m outta here it;s like Bay 13

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far the only one of the 4 has been CONFIRMED to have been intoxicated.

Betts:: As an earlier poster mentioned with the new blitz in the city he only had to be showing minor sign of intoxication and he would have been loked up. Not great, but not the end of the world.

Mitch Robinson:: No confirmation on ANY of the so called punch up rumors. No where does it say he was intoxicated. Nothing here at all.

So please tell me how the f**k we have a booze cultre at Carlton. Until there is proof they were all pissed everyone of you bagging our club, supporters and trolls alike shut the f**k up. You have no idea what has happened. You are all as bad as the media. It makes me sick how quick you turn on our club as soon as that poxy paper prints some bullsh*t rumor.

you aaaare CORRECT!

So he was sober when got in a brawl with security wearing ONLY underpants :eek:
Who knows? It might conjure up images of white y-fronts or hipster briefs I suppose, but it could just as easily been those lycra underwear that almost look like bike shorts. He was having a heated discussion with a woman but he was staying at the hotel. He may have come out at 3am to discuss something with her and didn't see the need to dress as the place would have been pretty quiet. Security intervene as the discussion gets loud and there are other guests around, and Walker apparently having been hanging out with Houla or coincidentally on the spot, takes offense to security manhandling his teammate. Alcohol doesn't necessarily have to have been involved.

Edit: Just realised - suspect JD is referring to Kernahan ???
Talking about individuals may be seen as trolling so I won't go there other to say it's no secret that I think his influence could be better used elsewhere.

Just on the issue of Judd's influence too as that continually gets raised, that is so far from the truth it's embarrassing people raise it (opposition supporters that is).

Why wasn't Didak moved on ?

When Didak played up I felt we should have let him go. But now I am glad we didn't as he is back on track and had a very good year for us last year. Hopefully your boys can put all this behind them and do the same as Didak ;)

Talking about individuals may be seen as trolling so I won't go there other to say it's no secret that I think his influence could be better used elsewhere.

Just on the issue of Judd's influence too as that continually gets raised, that is so far from the truth it's embarrassing people raise it (opposition supporters that is).

Fair enough - no doubt you get walloped everytime you wade into one our topics.

On the point about Judd - a little confused - are you saying he is having a positive influence

(my feeling is he is but there is only so much one player can do )

If this was the overreaction to players getting drunk, I'd love to see the reaction if the players were the Newscastle Knights.

Betts should be suspended for the NAB Cup.

The other two have done jack.

That doesn't excuse professional athletes binge drinking.

99% of footballers are bogans.

Pendlebury went on a fishing cruise down in Sale.

I'm sure he drank mineral water the whole time.

Was Hurley suspended and fined the maximum for assaulting a cab driver?

The Players Association maximum fine is a drop in the ocean for footballers and the equivalent of hitting them with a wet lettuce leaf.

Houlihan probably spends twice that on hair product.

I wish they would stop mentioning Mitch Robinson until more comes to the light.

The media are medicial examiners who perform autopsies on the living.

Scum trying to make money whilst portraying muckraking as journalism.

Scum trying to make money whilst portraying muckraking as journalism.

Mate, this isn't even journalism.

When i see this sort of crap Do you know more about these incidents?
Contact our newsdesk in confidence on xx xxxx xxxx or email us here.
it's pretty much a free for all, bugger checking sources, cobble it together as you go, strewth the hacks don't even have to get off their fat arses for this junk.

The heresay express is now leaving the building.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury was king hit from behind. Even if was out late & drunk, no person deserves this, it was a dog act & in that particular instance, Pendlebury was innocent. Silly example.

A couple of years ago, either Fisher or Waite were on their way home with their GF and they got attacked by a bunch of thugs...

Unfortunately it seems to be the way of the world these days with over agressive young ********s who are constant binge drinkers and think that it is normal to settle an argument with a knife...

Fair enough.

For anyone that wakes up the next day and things aren't quite right, do get that blood test done.
GBH stays in your body a maximum of 72 hours, I was lead to believe.

Sorry to sidetrack this discussion guys, but as this festive season rolls on, there are all the more leeches out there wanting to gain something by drugging us.

Also... never drink while taking paracetamol...

I lost everything after about 8.30 in the evening one night... I dont know how I got home... I dont know when I got home... I tried to call one of my mates and I didnt remember doing it.

Can anyone please tell me if the boat cruise they were on was.

1 Sanctioned or unsactioned. I have heard that the players themselves decided to have this end of year cruise, and their was plenty of drinking.

2. Was their any of our representatives with them, or were thet left on their own devices! If this was the case the club has a duty of care when these events are held. I know they are all adults but passed experience would surely warrant close scrutiny of young players, some with track histories of trouble in the past.

3. Kouta on SEN has commented basically that if players cannot be trusted with booze , then the club must make a stand and ban them from having any during the season. Tough call but it has come to a stage know that booze of almost always causes the problems.

4. It just my opnion but i have the view that we have a leadership issue at our club, either the players who get and are getting into this bullshit. Dont respect the club which includes our coach, kernahan etc.Or they have seriuos character flaws that when on the juice make stupid and pathetic decisions that effect all in Sundry. It has been reported dont know if true that we in jeopardy of losing a 1 million sponship deal.
Seriously guys having four guys getting into trouble, is not good.

I have heard the same thing about MR robinson also, that he is a head case. Also i have met Eddie a couple of times , i must say he is a nice KID. But did not come accross as the sharpest tool!

Hurley was pretty much indefensible, but srsly injured? That would surely require a hospital, wouldn't it? Did he go to hospital, have you checked?...

ok so punched and kicked, taken into custody p*ssed to the eyeballs
...get my point??? So don;t come holier than thou.

"We are extremely disappointed that Michael was out so late and that he put himself in a situation where an incident occurred,'' Mr Jackson said in a statement.

"He started drinking at the grand final Footy Show after-party and by night's end he had clearly had too much to drink.

"We are treating the matter very seriously and will take appropriate action once the details are clear. The club will continue speaking with Michael and he will assist police any way he can.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/es...ver-on-hoddle-st/story-e6frf7jo-1225779431981

Sorry Toad, you and I often agree but you did ask to be corrected.

You have to learn to read between the lines, Swann is a politician and you have to understand polspeak.

Takes this quote from him today:

"This is the second incident that has been brought to the Club's attention as a direct result of the players' unofficial end of year celebrations on Saturday. We understand a number of players drank excessively during a cruise in the afternoon. This is clearly the most disappointing manner to end the year...."

A number of players. If it was just one player he would have defended the fact it was just one player and a very isolated incident, if it was two players he most likely would also have used the specific term 2 players, but we all know that a number, means more than 2 (a couple or a pair is the language used to describe 2). That is why we have words in our language like a few. It is a non specific but pluralist term to indicate more than 2.

My suspicion is it was more than 4! We only know about the 4 (so far) because they were caught in other more serious incidents. Many more of them would have been just as smashed but got home without further incident. And most likely as a result of luck rather than good management.

This week just highlights to me what a disgrace our current culture still is and that we still have a long long way to go.

Sorry Toad, you and I often agree but you did ask to be corrected.

You have to learn to read between the lines, Swann is a politician and you have to understand polspeak.

Takes this quote from him today:

"This is the second incident that has been brought to the Club's attention as a direct result of the players' unofficial end of year celebrations on Saturday. We understand a number of players drank excessively during a cruise in the afternoon. This is clearly the most disappointing manner to end the year...."

A number of players. If it was just one player he would have defended the fact it was just one player and a very isolated incident, if it was two players he most likely would also have used the specific term 2 players, but we all know that a number, means more than 2 (a couple or a pair is the language used t0 describe 2). That is why we have words in our language like a few. It is a non specific but pluralist term to indicate more than 2.

My suspicion is it was more than 4! We only know about the 4 (so far) because they were caught in other more serious incidents. Many more of them would have been just as smashed but got home without further incident.

This week just highlights to me what a disgrace our current culture still is and that we still have a long long way to go.

I have to admit that on this issue I agree with you, but what can be done to 'rectify' it ???

Do you make the players sign a pact or condition as part of their contract not to touch Alcohol for 10 months of the year ??? Or impose strict 'curfews' or get 'minders' to spy/watch on them when they go out ???

There is only so much the club can do TBH, surely it's time though for the players to be held accountable, but by that, I agree that strong suspensions to start next season would be a big first step.

I still think we can learn from the Steve Johnson incident at Geelong and how well Geelong handled that, and actually Johnson turned into a league star after the 'penny finally dropped' for him down at Catland.

I have to admit that on this issue I agree with you, but what can be done to 'rectify' it ???

Do you make the players sign a pact or condition as part of their contract not to touch Alcohol for 10 months of the year ??? Or impose strict 'curfews' or get 'minders' to spy/watch on them when they go out ???

There is only so much the club can do TBH, surely it's time though for the players to be held accountable, but by that, I agree that strong suspensions to start next season would be a big first step.

I still think we can learn from the Steve Johnson incident at Geelong and how well Geelong handled that, and actually Johnson turned into a league star after the 'penny finally dropped' for him down at Catland.

You and I rarely agree, but on some things its hard not to agree no matter who the other person with the same view is. So thanks for the supporting post.

Everyone would know my attitude to this by now, but I am a realist. I know the club is highly unlikely to have the same hard line attitude that I have although I wouldnt mind betting they think it at times.

My understanding is that Eddie, Hoops and Robbo all have contracts expire at the end of 2010 and that Tex contract is a year longer until 11. Having a contract does not mean a player cant or wont be either traded or delisted, just ask Fev and Cloke, both had open contracts, both gone.

Hoops was dropped last season, some say for discipline, but we dont really know. Eddie was dropped for discipline and Robbo only played 10 games so he has not yet cemented his spot. And there is still some conjecture as to if the reports on Robbo are actually true. He has not been punished by the club yet afaik so we should give him the bod. Only Tex of the 4 is a regular when fit.

I think you are closer to the money on this than I am, and would think that all 3 of the fined players will miss the first month of the regular season, perhaps longer if the form of the replacement players is good enough to hold them out longer, lets hope so. I would delight in them not being able to push back into the team because the likes of Yarran, Lucas, Davies etc are ripping it up and keeping them out.

And of course I would (and whilst it might not be made public, I think the club will) let them all know they are playing for their careers at the club and that at this moment in time they are on the list for deletion/trade and they have until the end of the season to change the clubs mind on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back