Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think moving the magnets around is going to help too much next week.

The magnets, for some reason, have lost their electromagnetic charge when you need it the most.
Absolutely zero chance if winning. You don’t recover from that in a week.

They are mentally shot.. and could lose by record numbers and turn their toes up even earlier than last night

We really should just forfeit

Of course I tagged you we are mates! Flying out of Dodge eh
Unfortunately no, I was in Jakarta for work and flying back to the Middle East (home). I’m flying back into Dodge on Wednesday to see my kids and unfortunately probably the football. My kids range from 18-24 they went to the game last night and pregame entertainment was “that’s where we sat for the West Coast losing final, that’s where we sat for the Richmond losing final, the GWS……” a very different experience than mine as a kid at Alberton and footy park. Thankfully they have grandparents who were there in 2004.

To think, Lawson Humphries arrived at Geelong via the Ratagolea steak knives pick.
To think Andrew Mackie was lampooned for pushing for that pick, knew what he was doing. Sav having the same problems with you as us - all duck and no dinner.

wrote this after the Bulldogs prelim.

The players were terrified. Reminded me instantly of Josh Jenkin's recollection of the 2017 GF, where he was so mentally exhausted before the bounce that his legs felt like lead.

In the lead up there were press conferences where CD dropped the word 'intimidating' when referring to the prelim. Bassett described it as 'scary'. Dan Houston responded to that by talking about 'fear' and being 'daunted' in the same interview.

It was obvious early. Watch the first qtr and notice how many players stood still in congestion, just watching the contest instead of providing an outnumber or getting ahead of the play. I don't like singling out players a lot of the time, the game is hard and they put a lot on the line. But Motlop was very noticeable in this regard. Maybe a bit of PTSD from too many lost prelims. But then, at least he was around the contest, despite being paralysed to do anything constructive.

100% too many players were terrified and paralysed, so it's in the preparation and the mindset.

Same last night. Watch the replay (if you dare!) and see players flat-footed watching the ball at stoppage, unaware of the Geelong players position forward of the contest. Rozee had some very poor moments where he reacted way too slowly to Geelong winning the ball inside.

Our mental preparation is atrocious. My guess is that players either don't know their role well enough to play with confidence, are being overloaded with instruction or are somehow being instilled with terror lol

DBJ's miskick early was a clear sign. Feels like lead boots when you're stressed

It’s like the players are so afraid of making mistakes and overthink of how NOT to make mistakes that they actually do and BIG ones at that.

It’s clear that the players were not mentally prepared to grind it out and play tough hard footy and begun double guessing themselves.

How is it that the group can play well during the H&A in the last 9 weeks when the season was on the line and when they play finals, they crumble?

What is the difference between the two? Both those situations are similar to me. What really sucks is that there wasn’t any physicality and the desire and want to win the ball and the willingness to put the bodies on the line.

For all the talk about how Port were better prepared to handle finals this time around, Rozee and the team has spectacularly failed in demonstrating this with their efforts. As a captain, Rozee does not want to defend or run back. Horrible leadership.

HOW CAN THIS KEEP HAPPENING WE DONT UNDERSTAND

Says coaching and admin who actually havent experienced anything else in Hentchel, Sutcliffe, Hartlett, Lobbe, Hinkley blah blah blah

Vincent Tazia can **** off. I would have thought he had enough to worry about without making snide comments about 'filing missing persons reports for an SA team that didn't rock up'. I assume he is a Crow supporter?

What more would you expect of a back-stabbing sniper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wrote this after the Bulldogs prelim.

Same last night. Watch the replay (if you dare!) and see players flat-footed watching the ball at stoppage, unaware of the Geelong players position forward of the contest. Rozee had some very poor moments where he reacted way too slowly to Geelong winning the ball inside.

Our mental preparation is atrocious. My guess is that players either don't know their role well enough to play with confidence, are being overloaded with instruction or are somehow being instilled with terror lol

DBJ's miskick early was a clear sign. Feels like lead boots when you're stressed

Sweet's copped a bit of stick for his game, but 50 hit outs and he must have had double figures to advantage, but the number of times the midfielders just stood around and watched as Geelong players zipped around like pinballs hunting the loose ball was embarrassing.

Sweet's copped a bit of stick for his game, but 50 hit outs and he must have had double figures to advantage, but the number of times the midfielders just stood around and watched as Geelong players zipped around like pinballs hunting the loose ball was embarrassing.
If our midfielders had any fight we would have turned his 50 HOs into clearances and ppl would be talking up Sweet's epic game. I thought he was one of about 4 players that maybe, just maybe you'd give a pass mark

Vincent Tazia can **** off. I would have thought he had enough to worry about without making snide comments about 'filing missing persons reports for an SA team that didn't rock up'. I assume he is a Crow supporter?
I ****ing hope not. Campaigner.

It's all about delivery Vincent leave the comedy to the experts.. if you'd been born in Queens you'd be stealing hub caps with Tommy Two Times.

I'm really torn. Last night was the first time I've ever left a final early. I've also never missed a final I could attend, but this week might just be time.

I left just thinking what is the point. It's the same story we've seen for years, we aren't actually a threat in any way, shape, or form, it's literally just a waste of time and money, but even worse it is emotionally draining and embarrassing. I don't know how you bring yourself to continue to subject yourself to that, with a club that refuses to make any change. The club doesn't deserve us attending, despite our loyalty and passion for the club, at some point it has to come down to giving them what they deserve until they start taking risks and being a brave club again.
It’s the lack of effort , to me we have a lot of average players who if they don’t work hard they are really exposed.
To happen over and over again is on the coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back