News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

80% ? Source please.

Sacking the coach means rock bottom. Complete rebuild and start again. I don't think we're at rock bottom. I've seen rock bottom plenty of times and this isn't it.

We need a strong tactician in the box to support DH who is a motivational coach but lacks tactical nous.

The review is the best thing to do given the circumstances. Identify the problems that have caused us to go backwards this year instead of making the leap forward to winning finals. Then appoint a strong FD boss Blame fits that bill to implement the changes.

It worked at GFC when Bomber was nearly out the door.

Add pace and tackling via draft/trades and a revamped, contemporary game style and it's not as shitty as it looks.

80% ? Source please.

Sacking the coach means rock bottom. Complete rebuild and start again. I don't think we're at rock bottom. I've seen rock bottom plenty of times and this isn't it.

We need a strong tactician in the box to support DH who is a motivational coach but lacks tactical nous.

The review is the best thing to do given the circumstances. Identify the problems that have caused us to go backwards this year instead of making the leap forward to winning finals. Then appoint a strong FD boss Blame fits that bill to implement the changes.

It worked at GFC when Bomber was nearly out the door.

Add pace and tackling via draft/trades and a revamped, contemporary game style and it's not as shitty as it looks.
Exactly, and Balme doesn't have a track record of sacking a coach...

So let's take stock here. Harking back to interviews our CEO of everything has had over the stretch when grilled about all things football, he continued to state that the club like all professional organisations conducted reviews to pin point deficiencies and rectify them. So after how long ? This review uncovered and this is purely based on goings on that we are aware of 90% of the FD was ****ed. I will leave those with half a brain to work out what I am alluding to.

Anyone who tells me this review was not a sham can **** right off and kiss my arse.

A total and utter sham.

We've been had.

How is it a sham?

And remember there is a difference between the report and its findings, and the response to them

I get your pissed because dimma isn't sacked, but how does that make the report a sham?

And I'm not gunna piss your fat hairy white arse, because if I wanted to kiss something like that I'd be visiting tigs2010 missus

Anyone who tells me this review was not a sham can **** right off and kiss my arse.

A total and utter sham.

We've been had.
Cmon Bob we all know it was an expensive exercise to deflect blame and mask the real issues bc of an incompetent Admin and FD.
Based on all the noise around here we should get two flags from it.

How is it a sham?

And remember there is a difference between the report and its findings, and the response to them

I get your pissed because dimma isn't sacked, but how does that make the report a sham?

And I'm not gunna piss your fat hairy white arse, because if I wanted to kiss something like that I'd be visiting tigs2010 missus

You're right, sham is the wrong word.

No matter what happened, Te result was always going to have the boys club not broken up.

Use whatever word you want to use for it. But club was never going to break up the known boys club.

You're not listening.
Jackson has all the knowledge of any player under 18 (as far back as 15) as they study the kids for a long time.
This is information Balme and Clarke won't have - particularly not in the Richmond system.

I think you're taking the wording of part time consultant a bit too literally.
LOL Clarke is was the 2ic of recruiting. he has been a huge part of the richmond system for 7 years. If he is not all over every kid in elite systems then he should never ever have been considered for the job.
As 2ic if Jackson carked it or was poached away then it would fall to Clarke as 2ic to fill the void, are you really suggesting that the rfc has no back up plan or personel when it comes to drafting fmd not even the rfc are that stupid.
Without a doubt he would be just as informed on the draft pool as anyone, utter nonsense to think other wise. There is strong word from several sources that Jackson and Clarke have had several run ins over the type of players we have targeted. He would have his own net works and have information on all available kids just as Jackson has.
Are you really that naieve to think other wise.

Last edited:
So why haven't they acted till now ?
Why indeed. A lot of debate that is happening now was bought up years ago. There were so many things that were OBVIOUSLY wrong yet so little has been done to address any of them and the only logical conclusion that any thinking person can come to is THEY HAD NO IDEA ANYTHING WAS WRONG.

There is a couple of worse scenario's They knew there was problems but chose to do nothing, or took the wrong options. It does not matter which it was it reeks of incompetence.

You completely missed my point and just slagged off Jackson.
He will probably be there as a consultant purely to help the transition of information Jackson collected and developed as you can't remove someone who has watched a kid for 4 years and put someone else in and expect them to pick up on all the paperwork.
LMFAO you are indeed as naieve as they come.
So it is alright to keep a bloke who has had 12 yrs overseen two entire rebuilds as we enter our third lol. tHE CLUB HAS ACHIEVED VIRTUALLY NOTHING ON THE BACK OF THOSE 12 YRS and according to you we have no one else who knows enough about the kids, thats despite having a small group of people who have been expected to look at what kids we are interested in, and one of them has his own net work of recruiters and spent 11YEARS AT A PREVIOUS CLUB. these people who have been actively and heavily involved at the club for 7 yrs and we cant remove the biggest hack because the others just dont have the knowledge. HHHHHAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH THAT IS GOLDEN.
Talk about incompetence and its only now the board have realised there is a problem. What have they been doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You laugh but all it does is show your ignorance. the bloke had a major role in helping his footy club go thru one of the best periods of any footy club in history.
Yep so small minded all you want to do is focus on the few things he got wrong rather than the success that absolutely pervades the hfc a success this bloke had a major role in settting up.I wish we had a president like him just once in the last 30 odd yrs.

How is it a sham?

Because it doesnt address the fundamental issues of why our football department has failed.
  1. Not reviewing the senior coach
  2. Promoting Clarke who has been part of the failed system instead of setting up a process to find the best recruiter in the business.
  3. Not removing Richardson whose performance is responsible for us requiring a review to begin with. His new position should also be advertised and opened up to a competitive process.
  4. Not reviewing why the CEO was so disconnected from the FD for so long and its operational disfunctions
In other words the review has not reviewed the fundamental causes for failure and has not IMO been a genuine process to fix problems and improve football outputs. Luckily Balme was demoted at Collingwood, or it would be business as usual at Punt Rd with no new or fresh faces, or objective outlook in ANY decision making capacity at the club

Because it doesnt address the fundamental issues of why our football department has failed.
  2. Promoting Clarke who has been part of the failed system instead of setting up a process to find the best recruiter in the business.
  3. Not removing Richardson whose performance is responsible for us requiring a review to begin with. His new position should also be advertised and opened up to a competitive process.
  4. Not reviewing why the CEO was so disconnected from the FD for so long and its operational disfunctions
In other words the review has not reviewed the fundamental causes for failure and has not IMO been a genuine process to fix problems and improve football outputs. Luckily Balme was demoted at Collingwood, or it would be business as usual at Punt Rd with no new or fresh faces, or objective outlook in ANY decision making capacity at the club

oh give it up, you people have been screaming at the RFC to be ruthless for years, they finally do something and you look for every little possible flaw, or turn everything into a flaw.

Nothing but winge winge ****ing winge.

Thats a great post mate. But you know there are so many posters /supporters who just dont question anything that this club does despite the utter crap it has dished up for 30 plus years now.

The thing is the like like the supporters have to accept things are badly wrong and mistakes are the norm rather than the exception when it comes to the entire F/D.

oh give it up, you people have been screaming at the RFC to be ruthless for years, they finally do something and you look for every little possible flaw, or turn everything into a flaw.

Nothing but winge winge ******* winge.
Lol you think they have been ruthless , more like toothless. We complain because viirtually nothing has been done. Its just a shame the bright eyed ones like you cant see it.

Lol you think they have been ruthless , more like toothless. We complain because viirtually nothing has been done. Its just a shame the bright eyed ones like you cant see it.

So lets see
they have

- conducted a review of the FD
- sacked most the assistants
- hired a highly rated GM
- appointed more (hopefully) competend people forstrength conditioning/head recruiting roles
- Delisted two players (for now)
- will be trading three (So far)
- We will be getting Prestia

and its only TWO weeks into the off season

just because Dimma isn't sacked doesn't mean "nothing" has been done.

That's a naive comment.
Made some poor choices no doubt, not not have all been abhorrent failures and he did happen to work the job at the highest level so he clearly does have the right information.

No you are not, but I'm not surprised as you're a poor troll account, but I'll explain, again.

Clarke may have learnt under Jackson but Jackson won't have told Clarke everything as Jackson was the senior in the role and would be privy to everything.
Do you know that Clarke knows everything about potential 16 year Olds?
It's entirely possible he focused on another area.
Again, it's not Balmes job to be studying kids outside of the AFL, that's actual Dans Job.
Balme won't even be across everything in his role by the time of the draft as he hasn't even started - leaving it to Clarke and Balme and cutting Jackson would be detrimental to years of hard work.

Whether they listen to Jackson or not, but you need him to help with the transition as its not a black and white desk job.

You don't seem happy that they haven't made every change under the sun in one day - but then I forget you're the Oracle of Richmond and know more than professionals... or so you tell yourself.
You are aware that we are statistically the worst drafter in the league. The worst, fact. There is no point to keeping FJ in the building a moment longer.

So lets see
they have

- appointed more (hopefully) competend people forstrength conditioning/head recruiting roles

Yep, sack the coach. That's all we need.

They can't think past the fact that Hardwick has not had a strong list to work with.
In fact one could argue that he's a great coach having taken an average list to 15 wins last year, defeating Hawks and Sydney along the way.
Batchelor, Gordon, Foley, Conca, for example, were all supposed to bring home the bacon in a final.
Upgrade the list and Hardwick will deliver.

So lets see
they have

And yet like dimma those most responsible for a 7 yr rebuild yes 7 yrs that has abysmally failed which was obvbiously going to fail at least 3 yrs ago are still there.

You do realise this latest review is the 4th review we have had in the last 8yrs. I would not be putting too much faith in any review when those who want it are setting the parameters.
- so we had a review big deal there have been blatently obvious things that needed to happen 4 yrs ago and not one thing had been done or even identified as being wrong that is incompetent. FMD it took a review for them to even look at the OBVIOUS.
- LOL sacked the assistents YOU ME THE BLOODY SEEING EYE DOG WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME.Yet the one most responsible the one where the buck should stop is still there.
- Hired a bloke who fell into our laps we all know what happened at the pies.Would we have even went after him if the shit had not hit the fan these last 12 months. I doubt it they had no idea. FMD WE DID NOT EVEN TALK TO BALME UNTIL AFTER RND 22.
- lol delisted 2 players most clubs have already done more.You want to hope its more than two more like 10 or 12.
- Trading 3 players hooray two of them should have been moved on yrs ago.
- Prestia we will see if injury free he could be a good get but personally i would rather we traded pick 6 into a top 2 pick if possible.

As usual it all looks great but dig a little and there really is not much substance.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back