Review Review v Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

we were bloody stagnant all night. could see the frustration of malceski doing the kick ins when everyone is STANDING ******* STILL. it was like we were playing a zone defense on our attacking kick out. so bloody dumb. need to generate some run, make some leads. the review on monday should be getting video of the top teams in the league, and watch how they run and create space. we looked so stop-start all night.

any idea what happened with hallahan? looked like ribs or something?

also, i thought garlett was fantastic coming on as the sub.

out: harbrow (inj), day, hallahan (inj), sexton, ablett (build up his confidence in full contact training for a month please)
in: matera, nicholls, hall, russell, mckenzie
Why sexton?

Just got home from a wedding, sooooo glad I gave away my tickets. Not sure I will bother to attend any games now as why should I care if the players don't, we have lost to the two worst teams in the leagues.i guess this makes us athe new worst team

Just in case you can't tell I am ****ing furious with what it a ****ing disgraceful effort, GWS beat Melbourne by 50 enough said

got any reasoning to keep him in the team?

did nothing tonight, or last week.
totally agree mate sexton definitely has to go he is not up to senior level needs to go back to the twos for at least 2 or 3 weeks and get some confidence well said he is not the only player that should be dropped what is going on with maters.

Horrible performance. Really dissapointed.

We had no skill, and when we could get the ball we didn't know what to do with it or it was received under pressure by the previous person with lack of skill.

Gameplan is corridor, run and carry, play on at almost all cost. Almost opposite to Bluey. That's what I've seen this year. When it clicks, we will score heavily. But we need to know how to defend, Rocket has never been a real defensive coach.

We appear unorganised and mentally weak.

How about we dump all of these self important Pima Donna players and start again with players that want to work hard, what a ****ing disgracful effort or more accurately lack of effort. Play the seconds, they can't be any worse

I believe if rocket, now is the time to ****ing smash these soft **** losers into shape

Bring on the bashing as I know we don't do the hearts on our sleeves but someone needs to say it

gazza to me does not look fit definitely needs to have a break and do more competitive work for a week or two and then come back in does not want to tackle players like he normally does.

No
Gary just needs to play and play
You're right that it's match fitness not all about the shoulder
He's not 23 any more and hasn't played since the middle of last year
He's not going to play in the NEAFL and Iactually thought he started looking more confident and was running his lines better in the last half
If he's going to play he's going to play in the firsts

I am pretty livid right now... No structure, no game plan. Bunch of blokes running around a field chasing a ball. If ablett is on the field he should be on ball. I really cant express my disappointment.

It appeared that we did have a game plan, handball it and play on. We just aren't very good at it. That would also be why a lot of people are looking to blame the coach. When I saw them all doing handball drills at the end of half time I swear I nearly lost my shit.

It appeared that we did have a game plan, handball it and play on. We just aren't very good at it. That would also be why a lot of people are looking to blame the coach. When I saw them all doing handball drills at the end of half time I swear I nearly lost my shit.

Just can't believe how fumbly we are this year

As an old North supporter Jimmy Krakouer got 6 weeks for attempting to trip back in the 80's(still burns my guts)
That St Kilda defender saved a goal and just gets a free - Harley misses St Kilda rebound goal
How times change

Further to this, all power to the St Kilda defender, but surely the time has come for professional frees to be given at least a 50m penalty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't believe how fumbly we are this year

It's like 2011 all over again. Missing targets, hand balling to another players feet. I didn't check at the end but at one stage our clanger count was double St Kildas.

We are not yet confident in executing this gameplan, but we need to have a plan B if things aren't working.

"There's some things there we need to change, not only the gameplan, but some things that I'd been told about before I got here.

"The skill level has been bad. We've worked heavily on it over the summer but we just need to keep working on it."

from the Rocket press conference

"There's some things there we need to change, not only the gameplan, but some things that I'd been told about before I got here.

"The skill level has been bad. We've worked heavily on it over the summer but we just need to keep working on it."

from the Rocket press conference

At least he recognises the gameplan is part of the issue. As long as it's not just lip service.

and for our sins we travel to Geelong next week
Could be a 100+ hiding

It's the thumping we are likely to get from the Giants that will hurt more.

It will be like when your little brother is finally big enough to knock you on your arse.

Five things I took from the game:
  • Saad looked to be the only guy out there giving 100%. The rest of the team has either become too comfortable or doesn't want it. Either way it's not good enough.
  • Harley needs to step it up. Missing that crucial goal in the fourth quarter is one thing but to almost take a passenger like role through most of the game is unacceptable for someone of his talent.
  • Steven May was atrocious at times. I know Nick Riewoldt is praised for his ability to run up the ground but too many times I saw May run off his man and leave either Riewoldt or Bruce open in the forward 50. He was also slow to get back.
  • Someone needs to give Malceski a target from the kick out. Nick was getting very frustrated and I could see why. Give the man a lead instead of standing there and expecting him to come up with a miracle kick.
  • Tom Lynch was the only forward consistently giving effort. Garlett and Sexton weren't giving much as small forwards and Day was just as useless as he has been in the past.

Tom Lynch was rubbish tonight
Gave away too many free kicks & 50 metre pens
Ball use terrible
Don't be fooled by what he did in JUNK TIME.

Brandon Matera, Trent McKenzie, Tom Nicholls, Matt Shaw and Luke Russell – were the 17-year-old concession picks the Suns took ahead of the 2010 draft.
(I think maybe Dave Swallow too?)
How are they working out for us at the moment?

Tom Lynch was rubbish tonight
Gave away too many free kicks & 50 metre pens
Ball use terrible
Don't be fooled by what he did in JUNK TIME.
I was more so alluding to the fourth quarter. In the first half he was shocking but other forwards were shocking all game. At least Lynch gave something for some of the game.

Just got home from a wedding, sooooo glad I gave away my tickets. Not sure I will bother to attend any games now as why should I care if the players don't, we have lost to the two worst teams in the leagues.i guess this makes us athe new worst team

Just in case you can't tell I am ******* furious with what it a ******* disgraceful effort, GWS beat Melbourne by 50 enough said
Don't bother coming back when we start winning then. In my opinion, fans who give up like this don't deserve it. #fairweather

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Review v Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back