Autopsy Review v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist Paddy and trade Billings after 32 possessions and 7 marks for Tom Simpkin's bum crack fluff.
There's a hell of a lot more to worry about than those two kids for ****s sake.
If you're criticising JB's game today then you know **** all about footy.
Who wants to trade Billings?
You sure you arent shouting at clouds?

So now.. the people who said we needed more big bodied mids in against the Swans and said I was wrong when Dunstan should have been out for Stevens , any comment?

Too slow...Minch should have stayed in... missed his forward pressure and speed.

Bruce was missed aswell he hits the contest well. McCartin was useless again.. kicks goals against the bottom 2 vfl teams with no AFL affiliation and gets picked... and look slow and lazy again..

Savage was clearly a better option than McKenzie because McKenzie turned it over soo many times it was unbearable .

Lol joey and ross were poor? Wtf?
Seriously when Newnes went down it was like we were 3 players down on the field with Paddy and Dunstan playing. One was literally ineffective in the middle and the other up forward.
Swans were back to full strength and played like they had to win. But we lost it at selection.
Ive got nothing against any of our players. But seriously, if we want to win enough games to play finals, we cant carry players like that.

Watched the game very closely from the TV today and whilst its nothing like being there its obvious we still have a few issues. Lack class and speed in the midfield. Padd yis far from the answer at the moment. May become the player we want but those thinking it will automatically happen because he I a pick one are wrong. Longer isn't anymore than a hitter of the ball and if anyone can tell me a close to top class ruckman who doesn't touch the ball then I will change my mind. Don't expect anyone to tell me.

We are going well but we need a champion. and that must be a id and then we need an A grader on top of that. We need Hickey back in form and we need a another runner from the backline. We still are a 11 to 13 win side and that would be a great effort considering our fixture this year.

agree that we need a champion and an A grader plugger66

you look at Geelong with Danger and Selwood, even Collingwood with Dipper and Sidebottom - sometimes you need them to carry you over the line. I genuinely believe with a couple of these guys we would've won today.

trouble is who?

Yes it was a shocker , we were out pressured and it told with our butchering of the footy, but let that be our shocker for the year.
Billings good again today 32 possessions, and Ross 37, Acres 27 getting better all of the time , Steven 27, Steele 24 but our disposal was bad.
Even DMac had a bit of the ball but delivery wasn't there.
Mattress didn't fair too well, but will get better as each game he plays.
Look out Dogs next week , the boys can only improve on that, I think everyone will learn from the loss , including the coach.

keep the faith , we are a good team , we just had a shocker - that's all

interested how our boys for Sandringham went,

Nope just here for perspective reasons. It seems to be the same people screaming the sky is falling that were here after the Geelong loss claiming the same thing.
I'm here all the time. If we play well I'm all positive, we play like that and I lose it. Seriously need to take up Buddhism I reckon with the Saints. Expect shit to alway go wrong and you can't be disappointed.

So now Newnes and Webster are out of our 22 due to injury.
who comes in

to me we have to let DMac , Sinclair and Macartin stay in the side to let them settle in too the team
however I do expect Savage to come back in since Newnes will most probably not play and I would bring back Bruce.

Geary Brown Mackenze
Savage Carlisle Robertson
Riewoldt
Steele Billings
Gresham Bruce Weller
Membrey Macartin Sinclair

Longer
Ross
Steven

Acres
Stevens
Gilbert
Montagna

everyone in Bold have cemented there positions

emg -
Minch , Wright , Rice , Dunstan , Holmes

who comes in
to me we have to let DMac , Sinclair and Macartin stay in the side to let them settle in too the team
I agree with sinclair and mccartin.

Don't think we have to leave dmac in, webster is expected to return after the bye, so its only 1 more game, not much settling time. Newnes has every chance of getting up for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevens is less than ordinary.

Stevens is not less than ordinary. He's actually better than ordinary and it showed in his first two games for the club where he got 28 disposals in each. Today he played in what was clearly a different role which can only be because him and Dunstan were both selected.

This is his heat map from today.
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 1.14.50 am.png

Compare to his heat maps from his previous two games against Hawthorn and GWS.

IMG_9733.PNG IMG_9732.PNG

This is a selection and coaching issue and the blame must lie with them, not Koby. We need to use our players in the way that best capitalises their strengths. That means selecting like for like, keeping team balance. Not finding it too difficult to drop Dunstan when he has a good game despite it throwing our balance into disarray.

Stevens is not less than ordinary. He's actually better than ordinary and it showed in his first two games for the club where he got 28 disposals in each. Today he played in what was clearly a different role which can only be because him and Dunstan were both selected.

This is his heat map from today.
View attachment 372813

Compare to his heat maps from his previous two games against Hawthorn and GWS.

View attachment 372814 View attachment 372815

This is a selection and coaching issue and the blame must lie with them, not Koby. We need to use our players in the way that best capitalises their strengths. That means selecting like for like, keeping team balance. Not finding it too difficult to drop Dunstan when he has a good game despite it throwing our balance into disarray.
I think it was more how game the overall game was played.

We were on the back foot today as seen in the heat map where the other two games we were right in.

All the hate for Gilbert, Dunstan and McCartin genuinely makes me feel embarrassed to be a St. Kilda supporter sometimes, it's pathetic. Reading comments on FB it's deplorable, and on here as well anyone that continuously bags them should be ashamed of themselves. I was disgusted at the bronx cheers for Paddy yet again, what a ****ing embarrassment it makes us all look pathetic when a few dickheads become impatient with him. He's under so much pressure and you can see all the boys are getting around him which is fantastic, some 'supporters' don't deserve to don the red, white and black.

Sydney are a VERY good side and were hit with a lot of injuries at the start of the year. Getting players back and hitting form whilst we had been on a high for a few weeks, probably due for a loss. You can't win them all so move on to next week. Disappointing to lose by 50 and the way we played wasn't great but a lot of credit has to go to the Swans for being able to shut down our run off half back and beat us at our own game in terms of applying manic pressure. Forced us to go sideways all day and they hit us well on the counter, must have gotten 11 or 12 goals in turnovers and a few out the back.

I wouldn't make any changes next week unless they're forced. Didn't agree with Bruce being dropped this week but now that he's there make him earn his spot back in the side, give him a couple of weeks to build some good form. Looking forward to a big game next week - Go Saints!

Didn't see the whole game. But enough to see that Sydney were 'on', and we were way off. Not great signs even before we lost Newnes. But his loss certainly didn't help.

Rather than mention 'excuses', think we should just move on. Too many of our guys were down on form, and Sydney looked a very good side. Had pencilled this in for a loss before the season, although our decent form recently gave us a chance.

Learning experience for both players and coaches one would hope. Already looking forward to next week.

I honestly don't think it's all gloom and doom for you guys. I've watched most of your matches this year and you've played some very good footy, yesterday just wasn't one of those days. And hey, I've just watched us lose six on the trot! Had you played us 4-5 weeks ago, I dare say you would've beaten us.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the year, you've got got some really good talent. I hope BOTH our sides can make the finals:thumbsu:

There is no way going into yesterday's game, that the Swans were an 8 goal better team. I was very disappointed with how the team collectively hung it's head in the last quarter and threw the towel in, showing a lack of leadership, and very very disappointed with the midfield group in the last quarter- they became watchers. Richo just didn't switch the boys on in the second half.

All the hate for Gilbert, Dunstan and McCartin genuinely makes me feel embarrassed to be a St. Kilda supporter sometimes, it's pathetic. Reading comments on FB it's deplorable, and on here as well anyone that continuously bags them should be ashamed of themselves. I was disgusted at the bronx cheers for Paddy yet again, what a ****ing embarrassment it makes us all look pathetic when a few dickheads become impatient with him. He's under so much pressure and you can see all the boys are getting around him which is fantastic, some 'supporters' don't deserve to don the red, white and black.

Sydney are a VERY good side and were hit with a lot of injuries at the start of the year. Getting players back and hitting form whilst we had been on a high for a few weeks, probably due for a loss. You can't win them all so move on to next week. Disappointing to lose by 50 and the way we played wasn't great but a lot of credit has to go to the Swans for being able to shut down our run off half back and beat us at our own game in terms of applying manic pressure. Forced us to go sideways all day and they hit us well on the counter, must have gotten 11 or 12 goals in turnovers and a few out the back.

I wouldn't make any changes next week unless they're forced. Didn't agree with Bruce being dropped this week but now that he's there make him earn his spot back in the side, give him a couple of weeks to build some good form. Looking forward to a big game next week - Go Saints!
I thought we picked a completely unbalanced side. We went in with one running back in Robbo so they sat on him. The rest of our defenders were flat foots while Sydney had a pile of quick smaller forwards. We went in with no pressure forwards against a side who wind up from the backline as well as anyone. We also bought in a stagnant FF when Sydney play a running keeping off game. Stupid selections IMO.

Didn't see the whole game. But enough to see that Sydney were 'on', and we were way off. Not great signs even before we lost Newnes. But his loss certainly didn't help.

Rather than mention 'excuses', think we should just move on. Too many of our guys were down on form, and Sydney looked a very good side. Had pencilled this in for a loss before the season, although our decent form recently gave us a chance.

Learning experience for both players and coaches one would hope. Already looking forward to next week.
Newnes one of our most important players and was second in possessions for us before yesterday. He's quietly become an elite outside runner and we don't have many of those.

who comes in

however I do expect Savage to come back in since Newnes will most probably not play and I would bring back Bruce.

Geary Brown Mackenze
Savage Carlisle Robertson
Riewoldt
Steele Billings
Gresham Bruce Weller
Membrey Macartin Sinclair

Longer
Ross
Steven

Acres
Stevens
Gilbert
Montagna

everyone in Bold have cemented there positions

emg -
Minch , Wright , Rice , Dunstan , Holmes
Agree with this one, but gee it's a bit alarming to see none of our forward line have cemented themselves hey :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back