Rhys Palmer Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done, proved he can play. Now he needs to get out of Freo fast before his career goes down the toilet.

I was going to say Kruezer was a bit stiff not to get it but after looking at Palmers stats its hard to argue, definately deserved it well done.

It is a funny thing but if you watch the games, you get more of an idea of how well players played. You can even make a fair and reasonable judgement on two different players from different games.

Stats can be decieving. Just compare Gary Ablett to Charlie Gardner.

How many pre-season Freo training sessions did you attend? Or are you basing this on NAB games where the opposition teams don't care about the result and just want to play the youngsters to see what they can do?

So you're saying he trains crap?

Reports I heard from purples was the he was training, dare I say it, the house down

I don't remember when so many top picks just came in and killed like some of these boys are doing.

Morton, Kruezer and Palmer are all going to be stars, possibly superstars.

Then you have guys like Masten and Rioli who are also showing big signs.
Exciting year for kids in the AFL. The first 3 have 100% cemented their spots in their side and are performing like top 3 players. Outstanding.

So you're saying he trains crap?

Reports I heard from purples was the he was training, dare I say it, the house down

Maybe we had 22 other players that we're looking alright too. Not that I'm saying I agree with Macca and MJ and the other grandpas being played, I'm just saying the coach has more of an idea than I do..and I suspect more than you do too.

Oh and congratulations to Palmer, looking forward to seeing him back up again on the weekend. :thumbsu:

Maybe we had 22 other players that we're looking alright too. Not that I'm saying I agree with Macca and MJ and the other grandpas being played, I'm just saying the coach has more of an idea than I do..and I suspect more than you do too.

On many things, perhaps. On this issue, no. Hindsight has proven him incorrect.

Yeah Harvey showed his real coaching nous when naming Johnson, Carr and McManus...all of which were a failure that we predicted :rolleyes:

yeah..........i actually think harvey showed his nous when freo beat west coast, i do believe that's 2 from 2 in head to head.

Seeing as you are obviously a tactical master you should get on to worsfold and explain in simple terms where he's going wrong.

LOL

Most called it a weak draft but the performance of Hill, Rioli, Palmer, Kruezer etc has been something special so far
My understanding was that the top 7 or so were as good as any year, then there was talent down to about 25, but then very thin below that. So not too surprising that the higher picks are doing well. But anyone who finds a player with a late second rounder or below will have done well (and I'm sure there will be a few like there is every year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding was that the top 7 or so were as good as any year, then there was talent down to about 25, but then very thin below that. So not too surprising that the higher picks are doing well. But anyone who finds a player with a late second rounder or below will have done well (and I'm sure there will be a few like there is every year).

Chris Mayne was taken at 40 odd. He's going alright.

Chris Mayne was pick 40 last year and he's going all right too so far. :thumbsu:

LOL at all the weags trying to discredit Palmer. :D Could it have anything to do with:

Palmer - pick 7, faultless pre-season, stiff not to get picked Rd 1, 46 disposals from 2 games, Rd 3 Rising Star nominee.

Masten - pick 3, bashes some bloke during the pre-season, gets fined in court, gets an internal suspension from his club and plays all pre-season in the WAFL scratchies, misses Rd 1 selection, plays in the club's 13 goal loss to Adelaide, gets dropped (yeah yeah he was injured that's why he lined up for East Freo).

Sour grapes much? :rolleyes:

How about you just show some grace, congratulate the boy, and wait for Masten to come good. Cos no doubt he will. It's early days yet.

Well done Rhys. Looking forward to 250 more quality games for Freo. :)

Got his hands on the footy but only had 58% efficiency so very lucky to get it IMO. Nathan Brown shut down both Pavlich and Jonathan Brown in the first two rounds, what does the man have to do?

Got his hands on the footy but only had 58% efficiency so very lucky to get it IMO. Nathan Brown shut down both Pavlich and Jonathan Brown in the first two rounds, what does the man have to do?

See what he does this week agaist the Fev i suspect, which is rubbish because he should have got it last week. Anyhow Palmer was the right choice for this week. Hawkins and Kreuzer need to perform like they did on the weekend for another 2/3 weeks to earn the RSN, and in some respect im glad the Kreuzer didnt get it because there are others who deserve it more at this stage.

It's just an unfortunate part of footy that defenders rarely if ever get as much credit as midfielders.....................

yeah..........i actually think harvey showed his nous when freo beat west coast, i do believe that's 2 from 2 in head to head.
and? I tipped Freo :thumbsu:

The fact he did well against West Coast doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes so I have no idea where you are going with this... :confused:

Seeing as you are obviously a tactical master you should get on to worsfold and explain in simple terms where he's going wrong.

Plenty of issues I can see with the Eagles, but how are they relevant to this discussion. Every team and coach makes mistakes

How does me praising Palmer get turned into you attacking West Coast? They are not at all relevant to this discussion. Talk about going off on inexplicable tangents.

What's more baffling is that some Freo fans gave reasons why he shouldn't be played stating that he wasn't yet up to it.

Anyways, well done to him, he's a gun. As predicted, exactly what Freo need

Nathan Brown mustn't be far off surely. 3 good jobs so far, I would hope he is next
Everyone's a Robert Walls.

Did Chris Judd play round 1 in his rookie year.

Woosha the bozo I say.

Well done Rhys. Top work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Palmer Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back