Rich Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely that Helbig reported...elbow to the head

0 marks tonight for big Ty
jake King...what the?
Bachar...only half a player (no right side)
Edwards - what the?
Nahas - dizzy from running in circles
Grigga - did he play tonight?

when will it end...

30 Disposals, are you sure your watching the right game?

Interesting to note that the Tigers I think kicked the biggest score of the season against the Pies. We are starting to see flashes of what they can do. It's encouraging. GO TIGES

Final score reflects playing only one good qtr. You can't do that aginst the best teams like the Pies. Get away with against middle of the road teams like Carlton but not against the best. Again, just too many cream puff goals given away. At least 10 minimum again tonight.

Promising signs from the tigers. But cant keep vanishing in the last quarter. Definately should be confident in the next 2-3 weeks.

There are some signs Lago but playing one good qtr against quality teams is just asking for a spanking.

pity the opposition kicked 71 more points than us!

....but I am encouraged and will watch that brilliant 3rd quarter over and over again i

Any encouragement we could have had from that 3rd quarter was erased by that piss weak effort in the 4th. Collingwood kicks the first goal and our players went home. They gave up and let the top team in the competition humiliate our club, players and supporters.

I hope Dimma tomorrow morning runs them till they cant run anymore and then makes them run some more. :mad:

Interesting to note that the Tigers I think kicked the biggest score of the season against the Pies. We are starting to see flashes of what they can do. It's encouraging. GO TIGES

Only flashes though TJ.

The effort in the last was abismal.

I find it hard to mark down the kids but geez some of the senior players again need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Negatives:
- Foley was ineffective to say the least, not damaging at all and clearly our weak link in the midfield.
- Edwards, the least said the better. Effort was ok in the 3rd but even then the disposal was of a high school level.
- King, just didn't fire a shot. Playing injured or left his balls at home?
- Graham, just terrible. Has to shoulder all the work but geez he is a massive klutz.
- Thursfield, just a plodder. Really no need for him to be around when he is essentially our 6 or 7th best option in defence. See ya will.
- Umpiring was mostly delorable for the 1st half. Looks like Pendellbery is the new Judd - teflon with the umpires.
- Conca not only loops his kicks he loops his handballs. (someone remind him the quickest way from A to B is a straight line)
- Slow start again.

Positives:
- Grimes will learn from his mistakes, there were plenty for him to chew over.
- Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Grigg all did their jobs.
- tackling was better, still room for improvement.
- We play North next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only flashes though TJ.

I find it hard to mark down the kids but geez some of the senior players again need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Negatives:
- Foley was ineffective to say the least, not damaging at all and clearly our weak link in the midfield.
- Edwards, the least said the better. Effort was ok in the 3rd but even then the disposal was of a high school level.
- Graham, just terrible. Has to shoulder all the work but geez he is a massive klutz.
- Thursfield, just a plodder. Really no need for him to be around when he is essentially our 6 or 7th best option in defence. See ya will.
- Umpiring was mostly delorable for the 1st half. Looks like Pendellbery is the new Judd - teflon with the umpires.
- Conca not only loops his kicks he loops his handballs. (someone remind him the quickest way from A to B is a straight line)
- Slow start again.

Positives:

...I actually didn't mind Gus' game tonight...sure he fumbled every now and then, but I thought he controlled and won tonights rucking contest comprehensively

Only flashes though TJ.

Negatives:
- Slow start again.

Positives:

i thought conca was good, he stuffed up a couple of handballs but other than that i cant really fault him.

...I actually didn't mind Gus' game tonight...sure he fumbled every now and then, but I thought he controlled and won tonights rucking contest comprehensively
I thought Gus did well tonight. He is working his backside off, rucking lion's share and I believe he actually improves with a heavy workload. That mark when Leigh Brown outran him to the goal square contest in Q3, was a clear case of Brown - back-up Ruck having fresher legs than our No1 Ruck. Not surprising. Having said that, I'm not sure how much up side Gus has left. Wouldn't get a senior game at a top 4 club, so don't think he is the one to take us forward long-term.

Reality check, like previous 3 weeks our side gave away 3 full years in age and experience per position. We played by far the best team in comp in 2011 and showed some real fight to dominate the 3rd quarter. I thought what hurt us in last quarter was not enough composure from our more experienced players - Jackson, Foley, Thursfield had poor final quarters and what happened to Cotchin in Q4? Disappeared...

Only flashes though TJ.

Negatives:
- Slow start again.

Positives:

i think you're way off beam on conca, for a fella in his 4th game, I thought his 23 possies at 90% efficiency was clearly his best game, which two of his ineffective possies did you dislike most:eek:

Bullshit.

We absolutely dominated them halfway through the second and the third quarter, we almost tripled there disposals and doubled the inside 50s in the 3rd.

now now dont get hot under the collar.
at half time they basically had our entire score for the game. and yo date ive only watched to half time.
but the game was over as a contest at half time. of course they took their foot off the pedal a little.
the gulf between both sides is enormous.
personally i thought it would be worse than it was and in fairness yes we lifted enough to compete in the second and even get on top in the third but i have no miscomprehension that it was as a combination of both us lifting and doing a bit better and collingwood easing up a little.

to be honest at times it was embarrasing and we have no chance of going anywhere with certain players getting regular games.

how bad was angus graham again. and the class gulf with edwards white nahas is laughable.
i will now go back to watch the second half with interest.

now now dont get hot under the collar.
at half time they basically had our entire score for the game. and yo date ive only watched to half time.
but the game was over as a contest at half time. of course they took their foot off the pedal a little.
the gulf between both sides is enormous.
personally i thought it would be worse than it was and in fairness yes we lifted enough to compete in the second and even get on top in the third but i have no miscomprehension that it was as a combination of both us lifting and doing a bit better and collingwood easing up a little.

to be honest at times it was embarrasing and we have no chance of going anywhere with certain players getting regular games.

how bad was angus graham again. and the class gulf with edwards white nahas is laughable.
i will now go back to watch the second half with interest.

I call bullshit again, did you listen to Malthouse interview after the game from Tim Watson?

I suggest you try and find some way to watch it and see what he had to say about our 3rd Quarter, and in fact have a listen to what he said about our other 3 games also.

Malthouse clearly rates us and thinks we are going places and are putting together a good side, a few more adjustments at the end of the year with delistings and a solid draft and we will be a much much better team.

Managed to get off work a hour early to go to the game tonight, didn't expect it to be pretty but honestly after how close they got in the 3rd it was a crying shame to drop the bundle like that in the 4th. Honestly if Edwards doesn't get dropped for next weeks game something fishy is going on, he seemed to do nothing but screw it up everytime he got the ball tonight. Would like to say I saw positives from the great 3rd quarter but honestly I just want to see them pull off a solid 4 quarters, these slow starts and playing catchup are whats killing us

Really the biggest thing that killed us tonight though was Thomas having seemingly free roaming of the field, add into that how desperately we need some experienced bigger bodies back in defence. But at least the suspensions / injuries give Astbury and Grimes some chances to learn, still Rance and McGuane are back next week from memory so at least thats something, but Edwards definitely needs to go.

Just something interesting.

We have the highest score against Collingwood so far this year (90) and scoring shots (25). We were missing our best 3 defenders, their forwards were always going to have a serious advantage. They were always going to kick a high score against us, i'm just glad we were able to kick a respectable score as well.

I thought Gus did well tonight. He is working his backside off, rucking lion's share and I believe he actually improves with a heavy workload. That mark when Leigh Brown outran him to the goal square contest in Q3, was a clear case of Brown - back-up Ruck having fresher legs than our No1 Ruck. Not surprising. Having said that, I'm not sure how much up side Gus has left. Wouldn't get a senior game at a top 4 club, so don't think he is the one to take us forward long-term.
Just remember, Graham has played less games and has been in the AFL system a year less than Cameron Wood.
Graham smashed Wood, who is the Pies 3rd string ruckman, we are asking a kid the same age as Wood and with less games to be our #1 ruckman.
Just look at Jamar finally coming good at 27 years of age, Gus may have his faults, but he's carrying a massive workload for someone his age and experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back