• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke has a great rapport with the Rioli’s and Bolton, hopefully we can get someone in that can work well with those guys if we lose him, I understand Clarke leaving if he misses out on the senior gig however.

Melt away kids

ffs - we are dropping the ball all over the place. This guy was such an obvious candidate for us for multiple roles. We are taking far too long to decide on this coach. All the options they are picking from now, have been available and accessible the entire time. IF this is the final field, then why the heck did we wait 4 months to start the process? half of them work at the club & Newman was a former club captain. And i doubt Melbourne were going to ****-block Yze from interviewing etc.

I would have been happy for Grigg to get the coaching gig over the current crop - to see him now head to Dimma in the GC makes me feel ill. None of the talent we developed seems interested at all in coming back to help us at a time where we clearly could do with the help. It's starting to feel like the era is not just moving on, but turning their back on us.

Does feel like the club has dragged its heels with this. Having our coach gone in round 10, you would’ve thought that in 14 weeks we could’ve completed the process by now. Giants and Pies both did pretty extensive processes to find their new coaches and they were announced once the H&A season ended.
We did give a time frame did they not? Which they are sticking with. Will be announcement within a few weeks.

Clarke has a great rapport with the Rioli’s and Bolton, hopefully we can get someone in that can work well with those guys if we lose him, I understand Clarke leaving if he misses out on the senior gig however.

Its a weird move really. Half the candidates work at the club already, so you almost guarantee losing 1 of these good people by doing that. By adding 2, if you hire someone else completely, you completely guarantee you lose BOTH good people from your club. It was a win/lose or lose/lose decision really - They needed to pick from 1 of those 2 internally to ensure only 1 name was up for consideration to manage their peoples expectations.

Its either terrible people management, or genius if they have done that fully knowing that the are giving the job to someone, who doesn't want either of these 2 on his coaching team.

Its a weird move really. Half the candidates work at the club already, so you almost guarantee losing 1 of these good people by doing that. By adding 2, if you hire someone else completely, you completely guarantee you lose BOTH good people from your club. It was a win/lose or lose/lose decision really - They needed to pick from 1 of those 2 internally to ensure only 1 name was up for consideration to manage their peoples expectations.

Its either terrible people management, or genius if they have done that fully knowing that the are giving the job to someone, who doesn't want either of these 2 on his coaching team.
You'll lose good people if you don't give them the chance to grow too. They've shortlisted the best available assistants, doesn't matter where they come from.

We will find good replacements....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll lose good people if you don't give them the chance to grow too. They've shortlisted the best available assistants, doesn't matter where they come from.

We will find good replacements....

Honestly, i am ok moving on from both - its either terrible management of genius, as its a good way to move people on and let them come up with the idea themselves.

Grigg going to GC as an assistant is probably a good thing if you all want him to coach one day.

Rarely does a coach come from within, so if you want him to coach, he's better of being an assistant elsewhere before the job becomes available again.

Talk about melting over nothing

Considering some of the reports already read as "he has accepted a succession plan role under Dimma" might be problematic on this theory . It more so appears that Dimma has already pinpointed him as the pick of the lot &to secure him, has offered him a long term plan to taking over.

anyone know who is still in contention or on the 'short list'

Newman gone quiet?

Any truth to Grigg interest?

Gia was a big push i think?

Yze might have missed too many previous attempts?

No one really jumping out at all ....
All starting to point towards no change. Mini gets the job and Rutten and Teague stay. That would be a ****ing disaster

All starting to point towards no change. Mini gets the job and Rutten and Teague stay. That would be a ****ing disaster

If that happened we would be be running this club well under the soft cap. For a club that has made record memberships and success, it doesn't really feel like we have money in the bank.

Does anyone have good knowledge of where the club financially is at? Is the Punt Road development draining us in some way? Its starting to feel like we are trying to cost cut

If that happened we would be be running this club well under the soft cap. For a club that has made record memberships and success, it doesn't really feel like we have money in the bank.

Does anyone have good knowledge of where the club financially is at? Is the Punt Road development draining us in some way? Its starting to feel like we are trying to cost cut
Nah the only cost cutting I'm aware of is due to the soft cap and Dimma's massive contract. With that gone there should be more cash frees up for other areas of the football department.

Nah the only cost cutting I'm aware of is due to the soft cap and Dimma's massive contract. With that gone there should be more cash frees up for other areas of the football department.

Just doesn't feel like the club is swaggering like it has the biggest D and the deepest pockets at the moment. Felt like we had more people interested in joining us back in the Miller & Wallace days than we do right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back