Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Everyone should be tradeable on Richmond’s list come end of year, but you still don’t give good players away for peanuts. I’d be willing to have a crack at Tom Lynch for a pick in the 20-30 range (And I get Richmond probably wouldn’t go for that).
Maybe your first for our second round I would do it.

Everyone should be tradeable on Richmond’s list come end of year, but you still don’t give good players away for peanuts. I’d be willing to have a crack at Tom Lynch for a pick in the 20-30 range (And I get Richmond probably wouldn’t go for that).
I've been saying for a while we should consider trading him and Dees would be keen. Only for your first pick though, with us paying a big chunk of his wage.

This could be a real difference maker for the Dees. Lynch would probably love another chance to win a flag too. Their forwardline is atrocious.
Fritsch as second string would be good for 50 goals. Kossie provides the forward pressure Tom doesn’t and Lynch gives a much needed forward marking target and goals to boot.

Would shoot them from a 4-6 team that gets knocked out at the middle stages of finals to a real contender.
I wonder what value in draft terms you’d put on that?

I initially agreed with the general sentiment that they shouldn't let Bolton go, but if they can get serious overs they should. Didn't realise he is 26 this year.

I know Tigers fans will be optimistic he can hang around for the next tilt, but the reality is there is a good chance he might never win another final with the Tigers.
Tend to agree, and I’ve just posted this above about Lynch. But we don’t want to get to North Melbourne levels of shitness or misery for over half a decade.
We’ve seen what happens when you get rid of all your leaders. The offers would need to be absolute significant overs to make it worthwhile - ie a top 3 draft pick that gives supporters a reason to watch us be horrendous for the next few years. And for the club that ponies this up, he’d have to be a player they think would help jettison them from finalists to genuine premiership contenders. That leaves few teams, with even fewer options to have the right draft collateral to make it happen.

With Wayne Campbell confirming to Ralphy the Suns 3 x 1sts are on the table this trades period, the Tigers will surely see what’s on offer.
Rioli would light up that Suns team. Just another weapon at their disposal and a difference maker to their team. His contract gives us excellent leverage. And they have collateral. Can see it happening.

This could be a real difference maker for the Dees. Lynch would probably love another chance to win a flag too. Their forwardline is atrocious.
Fritsch as second string would be good for 50 goals. Kossie provides the forward pressure Tom doesn’t and Lynch gives a much needed forward marking target and goals to boot.

Would shoot them from a 4-6 team that gets knocked out at the middle stages of finals to a real contender.
I wonder what value in draft terms you’d put on that?

Would be a late first at most. His injury concerns plus being 30+ tank the value a bit.

Rioli would light up that Suns team. Just another weapon at their disposal and a difference maker to their team. His contract gives us excellent leverage. And they have collateral. Can see it happening.
Isn't the Suns cap tight?

Who knows? I don’t think his contract is super onerous considering the increasing CBA. Would be a weapon for them off half back though.

If Dimma loves him he will make sure the Suns offer whatever it takes to get him across even if the list manager isn’t 100% comfortable with it.

Could end up win/win/win for the two clubs and the player. All hypothetical until we know the player and GCs intent though.

Who knows? I don’t think his contract is super onerous considering the increasing CBA. Would be a weapon for them off half back though.

If Dimma loves him he will make sure the Suns offer whatever it takes to get him across even if the list manager isn’t 100% comfortable with it.

Could end up win/win/win for the two clubs and the player. All hypothetical until we know the player and GCs intent though.
No doubt Dimma would be keen.
Where there's smoke there's fire I guess.
The ooc mrj might be the key too both clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone on every list should be tradable FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

Finding agreement on that price is the difficult part, as many players have qualities that wont necessarily translate well.

If it's not now, it soon will be.

The downside of getting all those top academy picks is that they come out of contract and other clubs start waving large salaries in front of them.

Like all clubs, we hope they'll stay for less than they might get elsewhere (and with academy players, we don't have to overpay to counteract homesickness), but nobody is going to stay if the difference is huge, so we'll need to go at least most of the way towards matching them.

If it's not now, it soon will be.

The downside of getting all those top academy picks is that they come out of contract and other clubs start waving large salaries in front of them.

Like all clubs, we hope they'll stay for less than they might get elsewhere (and with academy players, we don't have to overpay to counteract homesickness), but nobody is going to stay if the difference is huge, so we'll need to go at least most of the way towards matching them.
Yep.
Alot easier for clubs who are in or on the verge of their window have no problem Players buying in.
We were lucky in that aspect which also landed us Lynch.
You guys might be I'm the same boat in regards too Rioli

I like Tom Lynch but it’s extremely unrealistic to get more than that for a guy who is 30+ and is injury prone.
Yeah that’s why I don’t think it will happen.
There’s not enough for Richmond to gain by getting a token pick that will end up in the 20s for him.

We’ve got no one at his position that is quality that he’s keeping out of the side unfortunately.

And we have buckets of cap space with recent retirements and not a lot of youngsters to spend quality $$$ on in the next two seasons.

Hence I think he will stay.

And the Dees will either be thereabouts but not quite good enough for another flag while Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Lever and May are at their prime, or pony up decent draft collateral to find a quality tall forward elsewhere.

Yeah that’s why I don’t think it will happen.
There’s not enough for Richmond to gain by getting a token pick that will end up in the 20s for him.

We’ve got no one at his position that is quality that he’s keeping out of the side unfortunately.

And we have buckets of cap space with recent retirements and not a lot of youngsters to spend quality $$$ on in the next two seasons.

Hence I think he will stay.

And the Dees will either be thereabouts but not quite good enough for another flag while Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Lever and May are at their prime, or pony up decent draft collateral to find a quality tall forward elsewhere.

Weird back handed comment lol. We won a flag with crap KPFs as did the Pies. The main issue is ball movement, the secondary issue is the personnel.

Weird back handed comment lol. We won a flag with crap KPFs as did the Pies. The main issue is ball movement, the secondary issue is the personnel.
I’m not here to debate Melbournes list or ball movement strategy. I’m here to discuss the thread topic that’s placed on the draft and trading board.

But I wasn’t the one that brought up Tom Lynch and Melbourne. That was you. So there must be some need for a tall marking and goal kicking forward to strengthen your team to mention it???

And you yourself said you didn’t think Richmond would go for a pick in the 20-30 range????

So what are we even having a difference of opinion about?

I think we might see us target some talented kids not getting games at clubs because there depth is strong.

They'd be selling Lynch at an absolute low point (unable to get on the park for 18 months)....unless they're absolutely desperate, they're not going to let him go for what would be unders.

No doubt a potential steal for you if he can get remotely fit and firing again, but would be far better for Richmond to hang onto him.

We got hundreds of those sorts of comments before 2022, LOL. "He's the missing piece of your puzzle, so you should pay overs to us! What price a flag?!".

I remember a bunch of Adelaide muppets trying to palm off a broken-down Matt Crouch (that Adelaide were actively trying to boot out the door) for a first rounder because "he'd have taken you to a flag last year!"

It's part and parcel of being a contender. Just laugh and embrace it....

I like Tom Lynch but it’s extremely unrealistic to get more than that for a guy who is 30+ and is injury prone.
A fit Tom Lynch is a star. I remember a cooked Deledio got us a pick 19.

I couldn't see Melbourne doing it but he is the perfect fit for them, only need him for a year or two in a flag window and with your forward line issues if he plays 10-15 games + finals he's good enough that you could jag a flag with him.

Collingwood is the same with their lack of a decent KPF. He could really help them win another flag next year.

It's a gamble I don't see clubs taking, but in other global sports teams do take these sorts of gambles to win their league championship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back