Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I get the pile on in regards to our future looking bleak, but its nowhere near as bad as many outsiders think.

The only reason we look so bad is our unheard of injury list. Fix that, and we are in a good position with an incredible draft hand.

Our best players this season are all mid 20's or younger. The likes of Dusty, Grimes, Prestia etc, are not carrying us.

We will be fine.

One first round pick and 2 second round picks is hardly an "incredible draft hand".

There is no doubt injury is playing a massive part in Richmond's current ladder position but let's not kid ourselves and say they weren't expected to struggle regardless.

An interesting watch, but I suspect it gets worse before it gets better. A fine price to pay for an era of great success.

One first round pick and 2 second round picks is hardly an "incredible draft hand".

There is no doubt injury is playing a massive part in Richmond's current ladder position but let's not kid ourselves and say they weren't expected to struggle regardless.

An interesting watch, but I suspect it gets worse before it gets better. A fine price to pay for an era of great success.
We will end up with atleast 1 more 1st rounder, possibly 2.

Maybe, but that comes at the expense of players who will help keep you off the bottom in the immediate term.
I am making the assumption that we only lose Baker and also the assumption we get a 1st for him.
Another assumption is we trade picks for another 1st rounder.

If we nail this off season, its nowhere near as bad as many think.

OUr best players still ahve plenty of fotty left.

The biggest trade/delisting should be our strength and condition department.

I am making the assumption that we only lose Baker and also the assumption we get a 1st for him.
Another assumption is we trade picks for another 1st rounder.
Both of these may happen. You may also lose someone like Rioli for a 1st, which I would do if I was Richmond.

If we nail this off season, its nowhere near as bad as many think.

Sure, and if you don't?

I am sure similar would have been said of the 2021 draft.

Both of these may happen. You may also lose someone like Rioli for a 1st, which I would do if I was Richmond.

Sure, and if you don't?

I am sure similar would have been said of the 2021 draft.
I wouldnt trade Rioli unless way overs. Some players offer far more to a club than just playing ability.

Mate we havent picks like this since Dusty, we havent talked about a draft like we have this one for over a decade.

This year has shown we have plenty of kids coming through, just no STARS, which I am hopeful we add this year with our best picks in some time.

You seem a well balanced poster so assume you have seen the depth and quality of our injuries.

You seem a well balanced poster so assume you have seen the depth and quality of our injuries.

Of course I have seen it. I have acknowledged it in just about every post of mine discussing Richmond for 2 months.

Pre-season I said Richmond are a huge chance for bottom 4 if Lynch stays fit, and certainties if he doesn't.

I just don't share the confidence that everything will be fine quickly and that one draft will solve everything. It's not a unique view but I think Richmond are in for a world of pain over the next few seasons. Again, a fair price and one I'd pay for the success you've seen over the past decade.

I get the pile on in regards to our future looking bleak, but its nowhere near as bad as many outsiders think.

The only reason we look so bad is our unheard of injury list. Fix that, and we are in a good position with an incredible draft hand.

Our best players this season are all mid 20's or younger. The likes of Dusty, Grimes, Prestia etc, are not carrying us.

We will be fine.
Unheard of injury list ?
Come back to me when you have VFL players filling in .

No one’s trying to steal your injury premiership mate relax😂
Its just funny that all the vic commentary and even your own supporters are spouting unpressidented / unheard of injury list when we have spent 2 whole years like that and had covid to juggle also

We also didn't get a pass for it like Richmond is getting we were just shit apparently

We will be fine.
Just before we got hit with all the injuries and won a game

Cant remember who that game was against but they are not a bad team

Its just funny that all the vic commentary and even your own supporters are spouting unpressidented / unheard of injury list when we have spent 2 whole years like that and had covid to juggle also

We also didn't get a pass for it like Richmond is getting we were just shit apparently
Yeah we had Covid here in Victoria as well as won another premiership

And whats a Pass Richmond got ?
we didnt get any favours like top up players

I'm genuinely perplexed who you think have been your best players this season. And how that doesn't include Vlastuin (30), Nankervis (29) or Rioli (27).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers can get 3 first round picks without trading anyone to another club. I think Tigers will go in with 3 first round picks and 3 players in.

I'm genuinely perplexed who you think have been your best players this season. And how that doesn't include Vlastuin (30), Nankervis (29) or Rioli (27).
Vlas and Nank are very important no doubt, but my point is its not as bad as you all think.

Baker 26
Rioli just 27 - still plenty of footy left
Bolton 25
Balta 24
TT 26
Ross 23
Lefau 25
Miller 24
MRioli 21

The above is a pretty solid core.

Then you have alot of kids showing good signs early or out injured.

Nah it was widely acknowledged in Vic the amount of injuries the Eagles had. Stop infecting this thread with your west Australian victim mentality - surely there’s a thread on the main board that helps support this unhinged view.

Funny that I hear this all the time from the West but have not heard anyone outside of WC supporters suggest such a thing. In fact, every football person I know, said the exact opposite. Talk about a cry for the sake of crying.

Our bests have probably been the following in no particular order….

Nankervis, Rioli, Miller, Dow, Balta, Baker.

Hard to tell with the inconsistency of availability of the list. These guys have played most games.

Although I’m not sure if any player have played all games for us this year? Been one of those years I spose.

Hell of a chip on your shoulder.
Tigers can get 3 first round picks without trading anyone to another club. I think Tigers will go in with 3 first round picks and 3 players in.
We'll have our own and trade for another, probably Lions. How are you getting the 3rd? Someone will have to leave.

I doubt we'll be letting our good 25 - 30 year old players go without getting a major return.

D Rioli could go to GC/Dimma. And we would pay his wages as the GC has a tight salary cap supposedly. But they pay all their firsts. maybe get something back, but their defence is turbo charged.

Same sort of thing for others, likely without paying wages.

I'll wait as there is a lot to play out.

But we will want to keep a solid older core.

how did you work that out?
The amount of draft points we have with our later picks, they can be bundled up and traded to teams like carlton and brisbane who have F/S that are tipped to go before they get the chance to use their first selection

Yeah we had Covid here in Victoria as well as won another premiership

And whats a Pass Richmond got ?
we didnt get any favours like top up players
We only had top up players because we were down to 17 fit players .

What would your club do ?

Play with only 17 ?

We'll have our own and trade for another, probably Lions. How are you getting the 3rd? Someone will have to leave.
how will you get the lions pick ?

Apparently they will be trying to trade up to get past the ashcroft Bid.

Suns sold their pick 4 last year but they got 3 first rounders for it
20240604_112816.jpg

Clubs can't use a bunch of late picks because they can only go into the draft with the same amount of picks as open list spots .

Any trade for Brisbanes pick 6 would either have to be multiple first rounders to jump up to 6 or invplve a future 1st

how will you get the lions pick ?

Apparently they will be trying to trade up to get past the ashcroft Bid.

Suns sold their pick 4 last year but they got 3 first rounders for it
View attachment 2010319

Clubs can't use a bunch of late picks because they can only go into the draft with the same amount of picks as open list spots .

Any trade for Brisbanes pick 6 would either have to be multiple first rounders to jump up to 6 or invplve a future 1st
How are they going to get ahead of a likely top 3 pick, when we will likely have pick 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back