Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Only for contracted players, so that's really just (potentially) Bolton at this stage.

If Freo want him and Baker, they might face a cap squeeze to sign them both, but they'd also likely be paying all 3 of their 1sts already, so another $200K wont improve that much (maybe they'd throw in a F3?). If they miss Baker, they wont need that extra coin.
Rioli is contracted for 3 years too.

Only for contracted players, so that's really just (potentially) Bolton at this stage.

If Freo want him and Baker, they might face a cap squeeze to sign them both, but they'd also likely be paying all 3 of their 1sts already, so another $200K wont improve that much (maybe they'd throw in a F3?). If they miss Baker, they wont need that extra coin.
We´re not paying three firsts for Baker and Bolton. You sound like you´ve been hoodwinked into thinking you should trade two firsts for Rioli.

I think they'll come out of the offseason losing all of Baker, Rioli, Graham and Bolton and have three top 10s this year, three firsts next year and one or two extra 2nds across each draft as well. That's going to be massive with where they are going. Then they need to bring in a couple more players on the cheap with experience as FAs and they are laughing

I think they'll come out of the offseason losing all of Baker, Rioli, Graham and Bolton and have three top 10s this year, three firsts next year and one or two extra 2nds across each draft as well. That's going to be massive with where they are going. Then they need to bring in a couple more players on the cheap with experience as FAs and they are laughing
As long as Balta doesn't leave because everyone his age is leaving and we are effectively tanking multiple seasons. Don't have many competent KPPs.

Nah, you dont trade KPPs. Balta isnt going anywhere
He's a FA next year. If we go nuclear it's a huge risk he would try bail. He has said just last week he wants to teach the kids and develop a contender but then all our players want out 4 days later 😬

He's a FA next year. If we go nuclear it's a huge risk he would try bail. He has said just last week he wants to teach the kids and develop a contender but then all our players want out 4 days later 😬
I might be wrong but Balta seems like the type who dont give too many ****s about success. Give him da money, a long term deal and he'll happily rock up each week.

I might be wrong but Balta seems like the type who dont give too many ****s about success. Give him da money, a long term deal and he'll happily rock up each week.
Fingers crossed. Hopefully can sign him up soon, maybe before the big dope realises they're all bailing lol

Is Graham (gone), Baker (gone), Bolton, Rioli and Martin (gone) are all leaving Richmond, then surely there is zero point in keeping Tom Lynch?

Melbourne will definitely have a look. Even Geelong.

Lynchs body is cooked no one will trade for him so richmond will keep him.

Is Graham (gone), Baker (gone), Bolton, Rioli and Martin (gone) are all leaving Richmond, then surely there is zero point in keeping Tom Lynch?

Melbourne will definitely have a look. Even Geelong.
On the contrary, losing all those guys would see their list look really, really raw. Like early GWS level raw. I think you have to keep him just for the experience and to stop losing every game by 10 goals, especially as his value has tanked because of injuries.

If you end up doing a North and blowing apart your list letting Baltasound walk as a free agent may not be a bad idea. If you got tier one compo you are looking at 2 pick in top 4 at worst, similar to the Mc Kay situation we had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary, losing all those guys would see their list look really, really raw. Like early GWS level raw. I think you have to keep him just for the experience and to stop losing every game by 10 goals, especially as his value has tanked because of injuries.

But it's special circumstances as 2028 is approaching.

Team that will dominate the next decade are those who are well banked on picks by 2028 time.

I dont think thats an issue though. Why keep list cloggers when you wont get access to the top end of the draft from 2027 to 2029?

Gut now and grit your teeth.

In trade for who?

If all those others are going, the tigers will have a lot of quality picks already.

If they were to trade out anyone else, it'd have to be for quality younger (under 25?) players coming in. (nb. Quality, not quantity. With all those picks, they'll have more than enough turnover already).

Mind you, they'd also have a significant salary cap hole that needs filling, so they could be on the hunt for some quality inbound trades even without further exits.

In trades for picks.

Yes they will. 100% they will.

Proven Key forward. If he goes to geelong he would only need to play 15 games a year + finals.

Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne, would all throw their hats in the ring.
Hasn’t come close to 15 games per season and is already in his 30s.

Wouldn’t fetch much even if someone did take the punt

Yes they will. 100% they will.

Proven Key forward. If he goes to geelong he would only need to play 15 games a year + finals.

Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne, would all throw their hats in the ring.

Hes probably got 20 games left in his body at maybe not even that. No one is trading for him-that ship sailed last year.

Hes probably got 20 games left in his body at maybe not even that. No one is trading for him-that ship sailed last year.

He may have more than 20 games in him, only time will tell, but I agree, no-one will trade us anything greater value than what we'd get keeping him. Training the young players, hopefully playing next year too. At best we'd get a mid 2nd rounder, which becomes mid 30's or something like that, there's just no way there is any value in that for us.

Lynch will stay with us until his career is over.

wonder will we still hear Tom Green to richmond this trade window like for the past 5 years.

I dont think he would fetch much either, but its still worth Richmond considering it.

He is taking up space on their list if all the others depart.
That is why we are better off keeping him.

I am sure if a team got drunk and offered some stupid picks we would do it, but that aint happening. Some players are just worth more on your list than off it for peanuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back