Richmond Dedication

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from calling our house "The House of Cho" and my 7 year old son's room totally decked out in posters, 3 jumpers, handknitted and bought scarves, I have a Tiger mousepad and 9 photos of Richo as my screensaver. The guy came over to fix our computer a couple of weeks ago, and I had to come clean. lol. There is also a mini shrine in my kitchen with a photo of me and Richo and I "worship" there most days.

Lots of other Tigers stuff dotted around the House of Cho, but one thing. Before the Round 1 match I donned a pair of new yellow and black undies and wore them to the match. Yeah.....we won.

After the Sydney match, I chucked them in the bin and perversely I find the Tigers win more games when I wear my black and white striped pair. Must stock up next time I am in Target.;)

my room is like a memorial to the tigers, it is painted yellow and black and most of the pics on the wall are great tigers players from the past and present. Also i never do footy training if i dont have a richmond jumper on, it makes me train harder. yeah im pretty obsessed with them lol

Great thread, we have some great supporters.

Mine are a bit lame. I have a series of t-shirts with Tigers on them that I've collected from around the world - Tokyo, London, States, Chile - that I wear on game day.
My faves are the Ed Hardy "icon tiger" which is a massive Tiger on a black t shirt and a "grab a victory" t-hirt with "grab a victory" printed diagonally into an overall V in yellow on the front on a black background.

When I can't sleep, I go through match up for the weekend game and rate each match up - normally get about half way through and fall asleep.

Sort of on the topic, did anyone see the pic on the back of Monday's Herald-Sun - a tigers fan, big RFC logo tatt on the shoulder, bear-hugging Mitch Morton. I've got to say, Mitch looked a little scared.

"Come on back to my place Mitch, and we'll celebrate the win with a few homebrews and a little pig shooting. And bring that pretty little Shane Edwards with you."

(with apologies to the fan in the photo. Just a strange moment)http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Mt proudest possession is a Richmond jumper circa 1985 ... was presented to me by the forest hill football club for bringing 8 kids down to the u/14`s that year

Still has the :"ESSO" badge on it and is adourned by Trevor Pooles No 23

still bring it out to games every now and then

Got many a comment at the The Royal and the "G" at Hirdy`s last game last year

... As the Goose said in Mad Max .... "Piece if history"

Apart from about 4 Tigers jumpers dating from my first as a kid in the early 80's my best piece of footy gear is a Mint Condition silky Puma Brisbane Bears Track suit jacket I found in Vinnies up hear for 3 bucks.

I've had heaps of offers for it at the gabba the highest being $200. Can't part with it and love wearing it as it just looks so ugly. Go the Bears

I have 2 Tiger bedspreads.

Numerous coffee mugs,pint pot with the tiger logo.

Still have my old Richmond scarf circa 81.

Finally washed it last week.:eek:

Many spilt beers on it.:D

My oriental cat who looks like a tiger with big ears has a yellow and black collar.:p

Have a big photo in a frame of a Tiger in the living room.

Have an autographed framed pic of the team in the garage somewhere,someone who knew O'Sullivan done it for me,Bulldogs supporter-you know who you are.

Have autographs of the players when the band I was in at the time played at the Tigers family day.

Proud to be a Richmond supporter.:)

I have 2 Tiger bedspreads.

Numerous coffee mugs,pint pot with the tiger logo.

Still have my old Richmond scarf circa 81.

Finally washed it last week.:eek:

Many spilt beers on it.:D

My oriental cat who looks like a tiger with big ears has a yellow and black collar.:p

Have a big photo in a frame of a Tiger in the living room.

Have an autographed framed pic of the team in the garage somewhere,someone who knew O'Sullivan done it for me,Bulldogs supporter-you know who you are.

Have autographs of the players when the band I was in at the time played at the Tigers family day.

Proud to be a Richmond supporter.:)

A mate of mine has his scarf from 1980. It's been washed that many times that the black now looks like navy blue. I love taking the piss out of him, when we are walking to and from the game by asking him what club's friggin colours are they?......Navy and Yellow?.....lol

Like most people I've had so many scarfs I've lost track. The new shorter soccer type ones are alright hanging half off your neck in 18 degrees and slightly lower, but only the longer old school scarfs fight the winter cold on those freezing days & nights at the 'G'.

The caps the club have sent out in the past to Members sometimes are made for 10 year old heads or **** ugly.....so it's hard to get a good cap.

And like everyone else I guess, I've lost more RFC Keyrings and Coffee Mugs than I'd like to contemplate.

And like some, I've not kept all my collected stuff from childhood. Lost & gone missing. (Which is a shame) i.e: Footy Cards, Old Footy Records, Old Membership Tickets, Old Autograph Books, etc, etc.

But the old Duffle Coats were the bomb!

Ah the footy cards .

Scanlens.

I prized my kb cards.

I had a few.

My old man kept an old Tiger made from wood with a handle-you know that famous Richmond prancing tiger emblem.

I've never asked him where he got it or maybe if he used it when he watched the Tiges back in the old days at Punt Road Oval.

LOVED the Duffle Coats!

..and the desert boots.

Great old days.

I loved the old cheersquad went from the front of the outer all the way back up to the top of the old Southern Stand.

Magnificent sight it was!

Be good if we all sang in unison,get some passion going!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a whole bunch of Scarfs, Jackets, Hats, Mugs, Keyrings, Magnets etc.

The background on my phone is this but without the water mark
152979.jpg

I have signed pictures of Nathan Foley, Chris Newman, Richo, Dean Polo and Pat Bowden and Cam Howat:rolleyes:

About 8 guernseys, most recently the black training jumper with number 9 on it. And about 2000 footy cards but not all richmond ofcourse.

A rumpus room known as the Old Man's Den. Full of Tiger shit and no one, repeat no one touches anything. Most prized possession a personalised signed photo of Royce's mark from 67 grannie. Most favourite piece of annoying crap is the RFC bottle opener that plays the team song at every opening. I used to try and buy non twist tops for barbies at my place just to shit people off..lol

OK, i have already posted my obsession. And have noticed a few people raving about the old jumpers. So heres one for you.

A very very good friend is the daughter of a past player. His name is Eric Zschech. Here is a bit of info on him :

Eric Zschech (Richmond, Lefroy, Sandy Bay)

[Click to enlarge]
Deceptively indolent and casual in approach, Eric Zschech was actually a supremely effective performer for Richmond throughout his comparatively brief six season, 102 game VFL career. Recruited from Minyip, where he had played under the great Roy Cazaly, Zschech soon established himself as the Tigers' centreman, where his effortlessly accurate foot passing marked him out as a player of rare class. He was in the pivot as Richmond beat Carlton in the 1932 grand final, and again two years later when South Melbourne's famous foreign legion were the victims. He also played in the losing 1931 and 1933 grand finals. His understanding with champion full forward Jack 'Skinny' Titus was legendary, and seemed at times almost telepathic. After leaving Richmond, Eric Zschech played with great distinction for Lefroy, captain-coaching the side to a premiership in 1937, and winning the George Watt Memorial Medal for the best and fairest player in the TANFL on no fewer than three occasions. After a break for the war he resumed his senior football career with Sandy Bay, and was a member in 1946 of that club's first ever TFL premiership side.

She has in her posession 2 jumpers ( possibly from the premierships ) in quite reamrkable condition i might add.

my pet dog is named tiger. had 2 mice called lids and foley (i forgot to feed the poor buggers)

also have richmond number plate border, sticker on my car.

i have a highly sought after Ray Hall playing guernsey which is signed by the man himself.

I also have a 2006 guernsey framed and signed by the whole team as im mates with the trainer at tigers dizzy smith.

i have all the usual richmond gear, shirt, polo, tie etc etc

when i start earning more $$$ ill be buying as much memorabilia as i possibly can

A rumpus room known as the Old Man's Den. Full of Tiger shit and no one, repeat no one touches anything. Most prized possession a personalised signed photo of Royce's mark from 67 grannie. Most favourite piece of annoying crap is the RFC bottle opener that plays the team song at every opening. I used to try and buy non twist tops for barbies at my place just to shit people off..lol

Ha....Beautiful work True :thumbsu:
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Dedication

Remove this Banner Ad

Back