Richmond Essendon melee at quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamned hilarious. Monfries cops a bump so they all act up and start a melee. Then they all pussy out of it as soon as Richmond mans up.

What did Dustin Martin say? I didn't hear.

He said something about St Kilda supporters having sour grapes over not winning premierships and not even being able to beat cellar dweller Essendon...

Surely Vickery would get done fore striking though...

Viceroy would destroy Melksham and not a single **** would be given.
..?

Nutegunraygeonosis.jpg

I dunno man i would be putting my money on melksham :D

Footage on the scoreboard clearly showed him throwing a right, not sure how much connected though. However the MRP will be consistent and consult the medical report and if Ryder showed no effects, they will let him off due to insufficient force...right?

Saw a photo somewhere which I can no longer find, perhaps on the HS site, showing Davey jumper-punching a Richmond player to the face. After recently outing Jake King for a jumper punch, the MRP will be consistent and cite Davey...won't they?

I don't know if Davey could reach that high. Chances are if little Alwyn Davey stood up to someone it would be because they deserved it ala Steven Baker.

Honestly, how many times was Monfries put into the fence during the game??? That kind of stuff reminds me of the poor North Melbourne player this year. It could end so badly. Whoever did that rubbish should be rubbed out and kicked in the spine a few times because that's the kind of chance their taking with someone else's health. Selfish!

IF the AFL were actually worth their salt they would place on their website each week footage of cited incidents in a reel. Following each report they should have bold type come on the screen showing the points allocated for each category. It should show the total points and then the early guilty plea option. They should do this for each incident. Then at the end they should play the incidents that were looked at and not reported. The should place in bold type why they were not reported. This is the only way to a fair and transparent system and minimises the risk of rorting that many people suspect happens with the current system. Its fairly transparent and they would all there in one place. I'm sure all out there would agree...

Honestly, how many times was Monfries put into the fence during the game??? That kind of stuff reminds me of the poor North Melbourne player this year. It could end so badly. Whoever did that rubbish should be rubbed out and kicked in the spine a few times because that's the kind of chance their taking with someone else's health. Selfish!

They've legislated so much physicality out of the game that it's cropping up in other forms, e.g. Riewoldt pushing Hurley into a marking contest. Not very manly and not what we want to see, but it'll just lead to more laws. Is it any less reprehensible than players like Monfries making a living out of sucking umpires in? The AFL is reaping what it has sown.

You're right, a 20 year old ruckman doing 90% of the ruckwork couldn't be amazing all game. What a dud. Delist.

i thought he was 21? (doesn't matter just curious).

Your right but i was only posting in relation to the poster i quoted. as he was saying Vik got the better of Ryder.

As a kid Jake Melksham was pound for pound one of the best junior boxers in the state in his weight range. Only had 2 fights but won them both. He was probably 15 kg lighter at the time and only just about 14/15. Fair to say there is a little bit of height weight difference between the 2 so it is likely Vickery would do some damge. That said, the only fight we need to see is on the field, and Melksham and Essendon showed they have more ticker than peaheart Richmond in the end.

PS. Im glad there is a dislike for Melsham. It makes it sweeter when he kicks your ass. Suck that up Trout from Woodend if you float about on this forum.

lol vick was ragdolling ryder i was actually embarrased for him

Yeh that big punch from vickery really hurt him:eek:

Can someone prove to me vickery is tough? Looks more like he just throws his weight around.

He connected with ryder's face and he wasn't fazed.

Should get at least 3 weeks for that surely.

Lol at vickery smashing melksham in a fight what a load of shit.

Yeh that big punch from vickery really hurt him:eek:

Can someone prove to me vickery is tough? Looks more like he just throws his weight around.

He connected with ryder's face and he wasn't fazed.

Should get at least 3 weeks for that surely.

Lol at vickery smashing melksham in a fight what a load of shit.

it was just a push and shove, viks missed ryder so nothing in it, as for monfries getting pushed into the fence the umpire said at the time he took a dive so i guess if the umps are well aware of his playing for frees so when a legitimate one comes along they are reticent to pay them. he has got to stop taking a dive. as for peaheartedness yes we lost it not much different than the dons during that 5 wk period as well!!!!

Jake Melksham seems like such a w***er. Looks like such an arrogant prick.

It'll sound ridiculous, but when I saw Melksham walk up to collect his guernsey during the coverage of the 2009 National Draft on Foxtel, he just gave off that typical "footy w**ker" vibe. You know, the blokes who've been the best player at their school for years, who've had their egos boosted to the hilt by all their mates since day dot, who are so awesome and such pros because they decided to start doing bicep curls when they were 15, whose whole personality revolves around footy and sport, and who wouldn't be able to hold a conversation that didn't involve footy or themselves and how great they are. Might be a totally incorrect perception, but he just had that look about him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll sound ridiculous, but when I saw Melksham walk up to collect his guernsey during the coverage of the 2009 National Draft on Foxtel, he just gave off that typical "footy w***er" vibe. You know, the blokes who've been the best player at their school for years, who've had their egos boosted to the hilt by all their mates since day dot, who are so awesome and such pros because they decided to start doing bicep curls when they were 15, whose whole personality revolves around footy and sport, and who wouldn't be able to hold a conversation that didn't involve footy or themselves and how great they are. Might be a totally incorrect perception, but he just had that look about him.

You got all that from him receiving a jumper?:eek::D

Good on Paddy for flying the flag for Gus. He hardly ever shows enough passion so it's good to see Paddy fire up. Loved Melk though, not backing down from 5 Richmond players surrounding him.

You got all that from him receiving a jumper?:eek::D

It was the way he looked and the way he carried himself. Just gave off that typical "footy w**ker" vibe. I'm sure we all knew blokes like that growing up (some here might have even been that person themselves).

Last edited:
It was the way he looked and the way he carried himself. Just gave off that typical "footy w***er" vibe. I'm sure we all knew blokes like that growing up (some here might have even been that person themselves).

I've got to be perfectly honest here and say that Dayne Beams gave me the same impression.
His off-field antics haven't changed that unfortunately.:(

I've got to be perfectly honest here and say that Dayne Beams gave me the same impression.
His off-field antics haven't changed that unfortunately.:(

Beams has more of the "party boy w**ker" look. They are often very good at footy too, are often doing an apprenticeship or working as a tradie of some sort, and are usually good mates with the top "footy w**ker". However, their generally d**kheadedness and frequent desire to "get on it" will somewhat curb their footy ability and/or be used as an excuse for why they didn't go as far as they could/"can't be stuffed anymore" once they reach the age of 22-23. Even after their footy career is over, they'll still ride the coattails of their "footy w**ker" mates, and party and act as though they're someone special. The "party boy w**ker" generally has less self-discipline and lower self-esteem and expectations of themselves, being more accepting of failure/making excuses for their failure moreso than the more driven (mostly by ego) "footy w**ker" would.

Yes, I've put a lot of thought into this, from doing a lot of observation of others around me over the years :p Hopefully Beams doesn't continue to live up to this stereotype though.

Last edited:
Beams has more of the "party boy w***er" look. They are often very good at footy too, are often doing an apprenticeship or working as a tradie of some sort, and are usually good mates with the top "footy w***er". However, their generally d**kheadedness and frequent desire to "get on it" will somewhat curb their footy ability and/or be used as an excuse for why they didn't go as far as they could/"can't be stuffed anymore" once they reach the age of 22-23. Even after their footy career is over, they'll still ride the coattails of their "footy w***er" mates, and party and act as though they're someone special. The "party boy w***er" generally has less self-discipline and lower self-esteem and expectations of themselves, being more accepting of failure/making excuses for their failure moreso than the more driven (mostly by ego) "footy w***er" would.

Yes, I've put a lot of thought into this, from doing a lot of observation of others around me over the years :p Hopefully Beams doesn't continue to live up to this stereotype though.
lol very good :thumbsu: but i think i maybe the party boy w***er:p

Someone told me he KO'd Mark McVeigh in a intra-club match once, is that actually true..? (not taking the piss, legitimately heard that)

Put him on his arse in a sparring bout during pre season training. McVeigh was apparently a bit peeved and embarrased about this.

Not sure if he knew at the time that Melksham was a junior state boxer.

lol vick was ragdolling ryder i was actually embarrased for him

You must be so proud! Richmond won something on the night. :thumbsu:

It was the way he looked and the way he carried himself. Just gave off that typical "footy w***er" vibe. I'm sure we all knew blokes like that growing up (some here might have even been that person themselves).

What vibe did you get from Thomas? Melksham is actually one of the more liked guys at the club from what i've heard. I could name a few players at Essendon that actually fit your profile but he isn't really one of them. He loves a it of verbal on the field so I can see why people would think he is a w***er.

What vibe did you get from Thomas?

Just comes across like your average Aussie surfie/skatie type who likes to have a bit of a laugh. Not really the most interesting of people (probably because these types are so common and they're just so "average" all round), but nothing particularly hateable about them either.

Melksham is actually one of the more liked guys at the club from what i've heard. I could name a few players at Essendon that actually fit your profile but he isn't really one of them.

As I said, it was just based on my initial impressions of how he looked and carried himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back