Richmond Essendon melee at quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He slammed the ball down at the final siren when we drew with Carlton and swore. Commentators referred to it as a "great show of emotion" in support of the draw. I thought he was immature and had a bad attitude.

Fan of his footy, not a fan of his attitude.

Nothing wrong with that at all.. was pissed about the draw.

It'll sound ridiculous, but when I saw Melksham walk up to collect his guernsey during the coverage of the 2009 National Draft on Foxtel, he just gave off that typical "footy w***er" vibe. You know, the blokes who've been the best player at their school for years, who've had their egos boosted to the hilt by all their mates since day dot, who are so awesome and such pros because they decided to start doing bicep curls when they were 15, whose whole personality revolves around footy and sport, and who wouldn't be able to hold a conversation that didn't involve footy or themselves and how great they are. Might be a totally incorrect perception, but he just had that look about him.

I agree with the streotype.. not that it applies to Melks but can see where you'd get the vibe from.. it's all so true in relation to footy players..

I agree with the streotype.. not that it applies to Melks but can see where you'd get the vibe from.. it's all so true in relation to footy players..

Agree with that.

Melks has been playing well for us this year :)

As for the "melee", it's nothing compared to some of the Hawks/Bombers melee's.

so ... any fines for the melee?

4 from each club got fined.

Vickery got fined for 2 reports - starting the melee and engaging in it - $3000.

Ryder had his second melee offence - $2100

Grigg, Melksham, Jetta, Howlett, Edwards and Martin first offences - $1200 each.

All based on taking guilty pleas.

4 from each club got fined.

Vickery got fined for 2 reports - starting the melee and engaging in it - $3000.

Ryder had his second melee offence - $2100

Grigg, Melksham, Jetta, Howlett, Edwards and Martin first offences - $1200 each.

All based on taking guilty pleas.

cheers :thumbsu:

Isn't the third person in the person who starts the melee? If that is the case then it would have been Ryder IMHO.

Vickery bumped Monfries - not great but happens all the time. It was then Ryder who came in and had a go at Vickery and the melee ensued.

Isn't the third person in the person who starts the melee? If that is the case then it would have been Ryder IMHO.

Vickery bumped Monfries - not great but happens all the time. It was then Ryder who came in and had a go at Vickery and the melee ensued.

I think they went with the line that Ryder bumped Vickery and didn't grab Vickery, whereas Vickery did the opposite after the Ryder bump.

Pretty technical way of looking at it (I guess there is nothing wrong with what Ryder did in defence of his mate in that instance) - Vickery can consider himself lucky he didn't go for the swipe on Ryder's moosh in the ensuing fracas.

The one thing - the AFL didn't have the excuse of poor footage of it...any closer the camera would have gone as well.

it was just a push and shove, viks missed ryder so nothing in it, as for monfries getting pushed into the fence the umpire said at the time he took a dive so i guess if the umps are well aware of his playing for frees so when a legitimate one comes along they are reticent to pay them. he has got to stop taking a dive. as for peaheartedness yes we lost it not much different than the dons during that 5 wk period as well!!!!

ok so he missed a guy from point blank range. shit fighter then.

Good television , right next to the cameras, would have been good if someone threw a punch though, its a pity one of the players didn't job Andy Maher while they were at it, good for footy.:thumbsu:
Now if you,d had have seen Richmond and Essendon go at it many years ago, you would have seen a few punches . One man on the ground out cold in a suit, Graeme Richmond I think, Mal Brown was knocking bombers over left right and centre, they,re all marshmellows these days.

Now if you,d had have seen Richmond and Essendon go at it many years ago, you would have seen a few punches . One man on the ground out cold in a suit, Graeme Richmond I think, Mal Brown was knocking bombers over left right and centre, they,re all marshmellows these days.
This is the real news report.
BIG HALF TIME MELEE AS TIGERS AND BOMBERS CLASH
A pushing and shoving and jumper punching outragious melee took place at the break at the Essendon v Richmond match today.
The coaches were saying things like, golly gosh and jeepers , the lads are a little over exited, we,ll give them a real telling off in the rooms.
Meanwhile Mal Brown nearly touching 70yrs has rushed onto the ground and knocked out the whole Essendon football club.

Just comes across like your average Aussie surfie/skatie type who likes to have a bit of a laugh. Not really the most interesting of people (probably because these types are so common and they're just so "average" all round), but nothing particularly hateable about them either.

As I said, it was just based on my initial impressions of how he looked and carried himself.

Nah Thomas comes accross as a total arrogant w***er. Have no idea what sort of guy he is like in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol vick was ragdolling ryder i was actually embarrased for him

Yeah, I mean, his response was to go and dominate the centre square for the second half - what was he thinking?

:p

Yeah, I mean, his response was to go and dominate the centre square for the second half - what was he thinking?

:p
But but but Vicks went toe-to-toe with Melksham!!! He even looked like he might throw a punch!
Ryder killed him, in the actual game.

Tiggies - the old one - pick on someone your own size. Call me when he wants to take on Hurley or Hille because I'll enjoy watching that.

But but but Vicks went toe-to-toe with Melksham!!! He even looked like he might throw a punch!
Ryder killed him, in the actual game.

Tiggies - the old one - pick on someone your own size. Call me when he wants to take on Hurley or Hille because I'll enjoy watching that.

Ryder is also a few years more experienced. Probably rather Vickery on my list, you know what you're gonna get and that he's going to keep improving, Ryder could still be anything or nothing.

The melee broke out when Essendon overreacted to a nothing bump. Harden up.

Ryder is also a few years more experienced. Probably rather Vickery on my list, you know what you're gonna get and that he's going to keep improving, Ryder could still be anything or nothing.

The melee broke out when Essendon overreacted to a nothing bump. Harden up.

Fairly certain it was Vickery that was fined for incitement wasn't it?

And Vickery will be a star, been flying that flag since he was drafted.

Vickery couldn't possibly stagnate, look at Jack this year.
Wait, what?

Still sitting equal first in the Coleman with one of the leagues best players, hrrm, yeah he's really struggling. Remember how little Ryder actually showed before 2009? CHB - failed, forward failed, his 2009 ruck performance was the first time he showed anything of substance.

Pulling your strings mahn. Jack hasn't been half as dangerous this year, even if he has kicked goals he hasn't been doing it 2 or 3 up and he hasn't been taking games away from sides.

We'll see how Vickery kicks on, he did look really good earlier in the year and in patches since: I'm just not sure he's this sure thing that you assume, that's all. At times he's been just as as Ryder.

Still sitting equal first in the Coleman with one of the leagues best players, hrrm, yeah he's really struggling. Remember how little Ryder actually showed before 2009? CHB - failed, forward failed, his 2009 ruck performance was the first time he showed anything of substance.

FYI - he never failed at CHB.. he was actually very good and only got beaten on a couple of occassions mainly because we were conceding so many inside 50's with no midfield pressure... plus he would have only been 21 taking on the Buddy's of this world..

He was never tried as a forward before this year on a regular basis...

Ask yourself this, how many ruckman have shown as much as Paddy at age 23?

You wish you took him instead of Beau Dowler... how did that work out for ya? Imagine Paddy and Buddy floating around the same forward line.

What a bloke with around a 15cm height advantage and probably around 20kg weight advantage would destroy another bloke in a boxing ring :eek::eek::eek:

You're a ****ing genius now aren't you?

Perhaps you should read the quote which I quoted first and understanding the context first genius.

Ryder struggled @ CHB but only as badly as Kepler, Hooker, Pears & Hurley (and Mal Michael, Solly & Fletch before them) did.
Fair to say the actual talent probably wasn't the problem; we crucified backmen for a solid 6 or 8 years there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back