Richmond Essendon melee at quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - he never failed at CHB.. he was actually very good and only got beaten on a couple of occassions mainly because we were conceding so many inside 50's with no midfield pressure... plus he would have only been 21 taking on the Buddy's of this world..

He was never tried as a forward before this year on a regular basis...

Ask yourself this, how many ruckman have shown as much as Paddy at age 23?

You wish you took him instead of Beau Dowler... how did that work out for ya? Imagine Paddy and Buddy floating around the same forward line.

No, he failed as a CHB, he was no good there. Yes at 21 year old he was taking on the Buddy's of this world, but Buddy was only 22.

He can't play forward, being beaten in marking contests by Brad Sewell confirms this.

Paddy great in 2009, but in general, hasn't show that much. Nik-Nat is 20 and shown about as much.

As for us, yeah Dowler, mistake, another in the long line of the pick 6 curse, but Ryder would not be playing in a full strength Hawthorn forward line, we have an ugly red head who does that better.

As for us, yeah Dowler, mistake, another in the long line of the pick 6 curse, but Ryder would not be playing in a full strength Hawthorn forward line, we have an ugly red head who does that better.

Yes agreed. Reckon you might have a spot for him at the centre square though....

He can't play forward, being beaten in marking contests by Brad Sewell confirms this.

Paddy great in 2009, but in general, hasn't show that much. Nik-Nat is 20 and shown about as much.
I love how he was awesome in 2009, then had 8 less hitouts and 10 less disposals for the year in 2010 and was a dud... funny how that works!

Clearly a ruckman first and foremost. Should play about 3 quarters of ruck, 1 quarter forward; with Hille doing the opposite.

No, he failed as a CHB, he was no good there. Yes at 21 year old he was taking on the Buddy's of this world, but Buddy was only 22.

You obviously didn't see many games of his down back and are going of the time he played on Buddy.. he was teriffic down back, rarely made mistakes, got involved, killed contests in the air..

And guarantee he would be in Hawthorns starting team no doubt.. any coach would love to have him.. for his versatility alone...

i think the current medibank private ad campaign is inspired by jake melkshams mouth

banner_onemonthfree.jpg

almost as big as jakes mouth (not figuratively speaking)

You obviously didn't see many games of his down back and are going of the time he played on Buddy.. he was teriffic down back, rarely made mistakes, got involved, killed contests in the air..

And guarantee he would be in Hawthorns starting team no doubt.. any coach would love to have him.. for his versatility alone...

Same plenty of him mate, and the fact that one of the most biased Essendon people I know has already agreed with my assessment of his time in the back line I'm probably going to stick with it.

The times he played on Buddy never really lasted more than a quarter, due to Buddy tearing the game apart fairly quickly.

Yes, he would get a game for us (well maybe at the moment, but I'd hope we'd have dropped him 4 weeks ago when he should have been), but not in our forward line, which is what I said the first time. Not really sure what his versatility really is, he is just an undersized athletic ruckman.

Same plenty of him mate, and the fact that one of the most biased Essendon people I know has already agreed with my assessment of his time in the back line I'm probably going to stick with it.

The times he played on Buddy never really lasted more than a quarter, due to Buddy tearing the game apart fairly quickly.

Yes, he would get a game for us (well maybe at the moment, but I'd hope we'd have dropped him 4 weeks ago when he should have been), but not in our forward line, which is what I said the first time. Not really sure what his versatility really is, he is just an undersized athletic ruckman.
The hope I've always had is that he'd start to really get a lot of the ball 2nd & 3rd effort after the ruck.
He is a very, very good (under-rated) kick for a big bloke, and he moves well, and tackles very well (the chase down on Wojo showcased how good he can be). As ever, the work-rate.
Right now, he does his best work either in the ruck, or when he pushes to create space on a wing.
If the supercoaches can get him to really push himself all the time, almost to being a ruck-rover, the sky's the limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back