Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 121 58.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 73 35.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Theyll have some older players, but I dont see the likes of Taranto or Hopper being exceptional leaders, particularly if theyre a bit upset about whats happened at the club since their arrival

Richmond will be scrounging around for some low draft pick cost mature players in the next couple of years while they build a big stock of young talent, and from there it should trend towards getting easier.

The club has obviously assessed the whole situation and deemed this is the best way forward. They are not idiots, there are loads of decision makers there who were integral to building our recent dynasty team.

I’m not a recruiter. They aren’t going to try and do it the same way, are they, Meteoric Rise. They aren’t at the bottom, and are still trying to compete, aren’t they, Meteoric Rise. You are, like normal, arguing something I’m not even debating, for the sake of it, aren’t you, Meteoric Rise. Who gives a shit what Collingwood are doing.

Didn't you enter the conversation on a point about how Collingwood were likely to fair from the coming compromised drafts?

And didn't you make the point West Coast and Richmond were down the bottom during the last compromised drafts and they came out of it fine, so by extension Collingwood should not have anything to worry about?

And didn't I then show you this was principally because Eagles and Tigers had drafted a great deal of talent in the 6+ years prior to those compromised drafts, and it is different for Collingwood, because they have not done that?

Isn't that how we got here?

Didn't you enter the conversation on a point about how Collingwood were likely to fair from the coming compromised drafts?

And didn't you make the point West Coast and Richmond were down the bottom during the last compromised drafts and they came out of it fine, so by extension Collingwood should not have anything to worry about?

And didn't I then show you this was principally because Eagles and Tigers had drafted a great deal of talent in the 6+ years prior to those compromised drafts, and it is different for Collingwood, because they have not done that?

Isn't that how we got here?

I simply spoke about how any club would fare from compromised drafts.

I have not mentioned Collingwood once and here you are, for some unknown f**ken reason

Let's just put this on the record and everyone can form their own view of it. But it looks pretty clear to me, you were inferring that if Collingwood were near the bottom as the compromised drafts come they would be fine because West Coast and Richmond were on the bottom last time there were compromised drafts and they came through it fine. Which is why I pointed out the obvious distinguishing features in the case of current Collingwood v circa 2010 Eagles and Tigers.

Own your line of argument.

View attachment 2095157

View attachment 2095158

I am. Has literally nothing to do with Collingwood. Because for starters, no one knows if they are going to be at the bottom then, do they. You are so f**king obsessed by what other teams - two in particular - are doing, that you think every post people make has to be some sort of connection to them and make it about that. Hell, I wasn’t even talking to you and my primary comment in this thread wasn’t a reply to anyone: it was a comment that had no connection to anything anyone had said.

Don’t tell me to ‘own’ something when you’re still incapable of accepting any defeat your team has ever had

I’ll say it again: any team, whoever they are, and that includes yours, doesn’t need to have this mortal fear of being at the bottom when Tasmania enters the draft. That’s the point. It is irrelevant where Collingwood are.

What’s your next angle going to be genius, that I’m some sort of CIA equivalent working for the Victoria Park Mafia? F**ken hell talk about paranoid.

Come on, let’s see another screen shot to try and prove the voices in your head are real.

We keep hearing about ‘before Tassie’ because they’re scared of some perceived ill that befell a bunch of clubs who were down the bottom when GCS and GWS came into the comp.

Do people not realise that three of the five bottom sides during the Suns’ first crack at the draft have since won 5 flags between them, and that doesn’t include another in the Lions who have spent half a decade in and around the top four, nor does it include another lost grand final by the Eagles. The two teams immediately above THEM, Adelaide and Port, went on to make a grand final and spend a decent period in the 8 before self destructing while the other has been a fixture in the finals for most of the last decade.

And that was with TWO clubs picking the eyes out of the draft.

What is it exactly everyone is so afraid of with Tasmania? That the players they don’t pick will all be at exactly the same level and thus the team that finishes bottom just before that draft won’t have an advantage over the rest of the comp?

What’s more likely is that Tassie will draft a lot of the cream but will struggle to compete because their club doesn’t yet exist and therefore not really be relevant to the ladder and the finals race at that time, and thus the next teams in drafting order will have access to the next best players and should still incrementally be able to improve their standing.

Meteoric Rise my first post in the thread about the Tasmanian draft.

Just looking for any mention of Collingwood in there.
If you look closely you’ll probably see all the letters that make up the word ‘Collingwood’ but they’re scattered randomly throughout the post.

Nice try but no, not this time.

Jump at shadows somewhere else

I am. Has literally nothing to do with Collingwood. Because for starters, no one knows if they are going to be at the bottom then, do they. You are so f**king obsessed by what other teams - two in particular - are doing, that you think every post people make has to be some sort of connection to them and make it about that. Hell, I wasn’t even talking to you and my primary comment in this thread wasn’t a reply to anyone: it was a comment that had no connection to anything anyone had said.

Don’t tell me to ‘own’ something when you’re still incapable of accepting any defeat your team has ever had

I’ll say it again: any team, whoever they are, and that includes yours, doesn’t need to have this mortal fear of being at the bottom when Tasmania enters the draft. That’s the point. It is irrelevant where Collingwood are.

What’s your next angle going to be genius, that I’m some sort of CIA equivalent working for the Victoria Park Mafia? F**ken hell talk about paranoid.

Come on, let’s see another screen shot to try and prove the voices in your head are real.

For any team that has already built a decent young list and is just waiting for the key players to develop, like Richmond and Eagles in 2010, your point is probably true. You have done nothing to demonstrate your point is true for a team in a very different situation.

Your post was literally responding to someone who was referring specifically to Collingwood, I didn't create that out of thin air.

Meteoric Rise my first post in the thread about the Tasmanian draft.

Just looking for any mention of Collingwood in there.
If you look closely you’ll probably see all the letters that make up the word ‘Collingwood’ but they’re scattered randomly throughout the post.

Nice try but no, not this time.

Jump at shadows somewhere else

My first post in this interaction had nothing to do with your first post in the thread. I was responding to the specific post you made which as itself clearly responding to a point a poster was making about Collingwood.

For any team that has already built a decent young list and is just waiting for the key players to develop, like Richmond and Eagles in 2010, your point is probably true. You have done nothing to demonstrate your point is true for a team in a very different situation.

Your post was literally responding to someone who was referring specifically to Collingwood, I didn't create that out of thin air.

Yeah, the post you quoted was.

The post I started my point with when I first raised it, had nothing to do with them, did it.

My first post in this interaction had nothing to do with your first post in the thread. I was responding to the specific post you made which as itself clearly responding to a point a poster was making about Collingwood.

Who gives a shit: I’d made my point about the Tassie drafts long before a specific interaction with someone about Collingwood. Stop jumping at shadows and trying to tell someone what their angle was. It’s right there in the thread.

You are making a prized goose of yourself to be honest.

Ok mate.

Collingwood.

Now, with that out of the way so you can get some relief and your head won’t explode, I’ll say it again like I did the first time.

Teams need not be so afraid of having to draft players when Tasmania come in.

Will you be able to cope with this notion because based on your frankly five year old level carry on since I first postulated it and how you somehow tried to tie it to a link to Collingwood that doesn’t exist, you can’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are arguing with somebody that doesn’t think the Tassie draft picks will cause trouble for rebuilding teams because:

1. When GC and GWS entered the league Cats were on top of the table at the time so it didn’t affect them.

2. Cats will be needing picks when Tassie are coming in. So it will be detrimental to them.

PB is a simple man, look at what the angle is for GFC and you’ll know his view on any matter. You don’t even have to ask. He’s just very good at extrapolating very simple views out by adding some metaphors in especially with others sports and a sprinkle of personal attacks

Geelong was a bit stiff in the AA selection.

I didn’t expect Stewart and Holmes to miss.

I also thought Jezza would’ve been the least likely to get in lol.

You are arguing with somebody that doesn’t think the Tassie draft picks will cause trouble for rebuilding teams because:

1. When GC and GWS entered the league Cats were on top of the table at the time so it didn’t affect them.

2. Cats will be needing picks when Tassie are coming in. So it will be detrimental to them.

PB is a simple man, look at what the angle is for GFC and you’ll know his view on any matter. You don’t even have to ask. He’s just very good at extrapolating very simple views out by adding some metaphors in especially with others sports and a sprinkle of personal attacks

And you’re even simpler. You usually don’t get any metaphors because you’ve never watched any other sport, you have no comprehension of anything that happened in this one before you began following it, and anything that isn’t a metaphor and is just a ‘this happened therefore this’ is usually a bit above your station anyway, as evidenced by the fact that you missed the point entirely of my comments about what happened when the Suns and Giants entered the league.

Which were based around who was at the BOTTOM of the league at the time, and what happened within the next 9 seasons.

Well done again.

And you’re even simpler. You usually don’t get any metaphors because you’ve never watched any other sport, you have no comprehension of anything that happened in this one before you began following it, and anything that isn’t a metaphor and is just a ‘this happened therefore this’ is usually a bit above your station anyway, as evidenced by the fact that you missed the point entirely of my comments about what happened when the Suns and Giants entered the league.

Which were based around who was at the BOTTOM of the league at the time, and what happened within the next 9 seasons.

Well done again.

It’s a pretty simple concept when new clubs get priority picks it takes the better players away from clubs that have been at the bottom and need better players to compete.

Everybody knows this even most cats supporters.

It’s a pretty simple concept when new clubs get priority picks it takes the better players away from clubs that have been at the bottom and need better players to compete.

Everybody knows this even most cats supporters.

And of the rest of the available players are still there with the clubs down the bottom having the first crack at those players.

Again, the clubs down the bottom are not competing on the ladder with Tasmania, or in the past with the Suns or Giants. They are competing with the other established clubs.

As such, the draft hands they have, are all relative to what the clubs down the bottom have access to, relative to what the clubs above them have access to.

Who cares if Tassie have, say, the first five picks.

It just removes those players from the equation.

It means that the team down the bottom gets first crack at the rest of the field, before any of the other existing sides gets access to them, and it is those other existing sides that they are competing with.

Everyone that is relevant just gets shuffled back.

And as we have seen with both those clubs that came in last time, their players get circulated throughout the rest of the competition anyway.

Why do Richmond supporters hate Geelong so much? I don't get it.

Not our fault you were so terrible for a few decades and we took advantage.

You should be happy you got revenge in finals when it counted.

What is the true root of the anger exactly?

Why do Richmond supporters hate Geelong so much? I don't get it.

Not our fault you were so terrible for a few decades and we took advantage.

You should be happy you got revenge in finals when it counted.

What is the true root of the anger exactly?

Just read some Cats supporters posts and you’ll get it. They think they are the best at everything even though:

1. We have more flags

2. Holmes actually isn’t the second coming of Christ (didn’t even make the AA team lol)

3. Rebuilding on the run (yeah good luck)

4. Draft picks for Tassie don’t affect anything.

We don’t say anything that’s untrue really. It’s just makes Geelong look bad in a certain way and people like PB can’t take it.

Just read some Cats supporters posts and you’ll get it. They think they are the best at everything even though:

1. We have more flags

2. Holmes actually isn’t the second coming of Christ (didn’t even make the AA team lol)

3. Rebuilding on the run (yeah good luck)

4. Draft picks for Tassie don’t affect anything.

We don’t say anything that’s untrue really. It’s just makes Geelong look bad in a certain way and people like PB can’t take it.

- Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn all also have more flags than us. Sorry to burst your bubble. We don’t think we are better at winning more flags than teams with more flags than us. We have general knowledge of how the basic counting scale works. We do however not just think but know that in recent history we have been as good as (Hawthorn) and better than all those teams, and Richmond, at accumulating success.

- Neither did any Richmond player, nor did about 600 other players in the AFL. Holmes isn’t the second coming of Christ: he’s just a very good footballer on the periphery of being in the highest tier. Whether he was good enough for that team is up for debate. For many of us, including me, he wasn’t. What the f**k that has to do with Richmond is anyone’s guess. ‘Max Holmes.’ ‘Richmond.’ ‘What?’
You see where I’m going with this?

- rebuilding on the run. Well until someone does it better, we are the best at it. Sydney is the only other club in the conversation.

- draft picks for Tassie so far don’t effect anything because they haven’t happened yet - so at this point no one knows, you or me. Secondly, the last time teams came into the competition, the entirety of the bottom of the ladder aside from Essendon, has since either won a premiership, made a grand final or had a prolonged period within the top 4. The players taken by the side getting the draft picks simply mean that the side on the bottom of the ladder has first access to the best of what is available to the rest of the competition, and the rest of the competition is who they are competing with.

In any draft there won’t just be a couple of gun players, there will be numerous. The team that has first pick of them will still have the best shot at picking the best players that Tassie doesn’t get, and given that Tassie won’t be a factor on the ladder for 4-5 years minimum, and the already established teams will already have players on their list, they should be able to find players that can facilitate their next push. West coast managed to find two all Australian premiership players in the 2010 Gold Coast draft when they were wooden spooners, as well as another flag player in Scott Lycett. You seem determined to ignore this.

- Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn all also have more flags than us. Sorry to burst your bubble. We don’t think we are better at winning more flags than teams with more flags than us. We have general knowledge of how the basic counting scale works. We do however not just think but know that in recent history we have been as good as (Hawthorn) and better than all those teams, and Richmond, at accumulating success.

- Neither did any Richmond player, nor did about 600 other players in the AFL. Holmes isn’t the second coming of Christ: he’s just a very good footballer on the periphery of being in the highest tier. Whether he was good enough for that team is up for debate. For many of us, including me, he wasn’t. What the f**k that has to do with Richmond is anyone’s guess. ‘Max Holmes.’ ‘Richmond.’ ‘What?’
You see where I’m going with this?

- rebuilding on the run. Well until someone does it better, we are the best at it. Sydney is the only other club in the conversation.

- draft picks for Tassie so far don’t effect anything because they haven’t happened yet - so at this point no one knows, you or me. Secondly, the last time teams came into the competition, the entirety of the bottom of the ladder aside from Essendon, has since either won a premiership, made a grand final or had a prolonged period within the top 4. The players taken by the side getting the draft picks simply mean that the side on the bottom of the ladder has first access to the best of what is available to the rest of the competition, and the rest of the competition is who they are competing with.

In any draft there won’t just be a couple of gun players, there will be numerous. The team that has first pick of them will still have the best shot at picking the best players that Tassie doesn’t get, and given that Tassie won’t be a factor on the ladder for 4-5 years minimum, and the already established teams will already have players on their list, they should be able to find players that can facilitate their next push. West coast managed to find two all Australian premiership players in the 2010 Gold Coast draft when they were wooden spooners, as well as another flag player in Scott Lycett. You seem determined to ignore this.

This essay is junk. Watch Geelong cook it this year and not win a flag for the next decade. See if you are still “rebuilding on the run”

Jezza literally got an AA, I told you you rely on him without him I doubt you would’ve made finals.

This essay is junk. Watch Geelong cook it this year and not win a flag for the next decade. See if you are still “rebuilding on the run”

Jezza literally got an AA, I told you you rely on him without him I doubt you would’ve made finals.

Stiff shit. Did we make the finals or not. If we didn’t have Holmes or Stengle we probably wouldn’t have made it. Wow, team relies on its best players. Next you’ll tell me the Dogs wouldn’t have made it without Bontempelli

You say that no one can criticise the cats about anything.
Have you ever read your responses to anyone criticising Richmond 😂😂😂😂😂

Talk about the pot calling the kettle charcoal 😂😂

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back