Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

It’s a shame you think it’s rambling. It was good life advice you passed up. Real shame.

Anyways I forgot Healey said Dusty is a certainty to be the player of the 21st century. I didn’t think it would be that clear cut that he’s better than GAJ but I guess he is.

Meow will will be sticking scissors into a picture of Healy now, like a crazed maniac.

I would have thought by now you blokes would have realised the folly of making some pundit’s “opinion of the day” such a key part of your argument.

It’s really very funny.

I would have thought you guys would have realised how dumb you would look rubbishing Leigh Matthews views for 3 years as senile, then now when he is 3 years more senile you start relying on him to make your argument for you.

Imo you need to use your references as authority before they go senile, not after. :)

Reminder the great Leigh Matthews dubbed Geelong the Champion Club of the Century midway through 2022, even before we won that year's premiership and fourth of the century. The man speaks and we listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a shame you think it’s rambling. It was good life advice you passed up. Real shame.

Anyways I forgot Healey said Dusty is a certainty to be the player of the 21st century. I didn’t think it would be that clear cut that he’s better than GAJ but I guess he is.

Mr Meow please take the life lessons on offer from the 15 year old and report back to us with your findings

At least Tom Morris had Dustie scraping into 3rd, but for me it's Lethal's opinion > Tom Morris.
So does Caro on FC.
Geez I love hearing how upset/angry/feisty Richmond people get when discussing Dangerfield, it’s a sight to behold.

Anyway you can side with Lethal or Caro when it comes to deciding who is better. Danger or Dusty?

So does Caro on FC.
Geez I love hearing how upset/angry/feisty Richmond people get when discussing Dangerfield, it’s a sight to behold.

Anyway you can side with Lethal or Caro when it comes to deciding who is better. Danger or Dusty?

What about you? Do you think Danger is better than Dusty and Judd?

So does Caro on FC.

It's hard, on one hand you have Lethal - one of, if not the greatest players to have ever played the game, but on the other you have luminaries like Tom Morris and Caro. :laughv1:

It's hard, on one hand you have Lethal - one of, if not the greatest players to have ever played the game, but on the other you have luminaries like Tom Morris and Caro. :laughv1:

I like how Carey said Dusty is better than GAJ BEFORE the 3rd Norm Smith. Poor Gary only made 19th. What a dud🤣

By all means, have the senile old guys opinion. You are doing us a favour.

I like how Carey said Dusty is better than GAJ BEFORE the 3rd Norm Smith. Poor Gary only made 19th. What a dud🤣

By all means, have the senile old guys opinion. You are doing us a favour.

It's fine, you've still got Caro and Tom Morris in the 'Dustie is the 3rd best of the 21st century' camp. But what does this mean for the GOAT debate? Have you conceded on that now?

#teamLethal

Im certainly not offended that people have the opinion that Danger is better than Dusty. Dangerfield will play 350 games, won a Brownlow, Gary Ayers medal, a premiership and a crazy 8 AAs and multiple BnFs. That's as good of a resume you will see.

I think Dustys best is better than Dangerfields best, but Danger has clearly been more consistent. Without looking into it Id guess Dangerfields performances in finals overall would be down on his average, whereas Dusty went to another level on the big stage. The 3 Norm Smith's will probably never be matched.

Im certainly not offended that people have the opinion that Danger is better than Dusty. Dangerfield will play 350 games, won a Brownlow, Gary Ayers medal, a premiership and a crazy 8 AAs and multiple BnFs. That's as good of a resume you will see.

I think Dustys best is better than Dangerfields best, but Danger has clearly been more consistent. Without looking into it Id guess Dangerfields performances in finals overall would be down on his average, whereas Dusty went to another level on the big stage. The 3 Norm Smith's will probably never be matched.
Same. Danger has been a star and so consistent year after year. In many respects so was Judd who I might even have over him, hard to split them. I think Dusty is as good a footballer as these two, maybe better than Danger especially at his peak, but as careers go, both would be over Dusty. So it depends on how you rate a player, on their peak performances/ability, or on their career performance.

Same. Danger has been a star and so consistent year after year. In many respects so was Judd who I might even have over him, hard to split them. I think Dusty is as good a footballer as these two, maybe better than Danger especially at his peak, but as careers go, both would be over Dusty. So it depends on how you rate a player, on their peak performances/ability, or on their career performance.

I think personally who you would trust to win you a flag on the day matters a lot when you judge a player.

For some reason in AFL unlike other sports AFL fans don’t really care if players perform well in GFs/Finals.

I mean who would you trust at their peak:

Dusty 3/3 BOGs in GFs (including 9/12 BOGs in finals games)

Buddy 0/6 BOGs (I would avoid him like the plague in a GF)

GAJ 0/4 BOGs (best was runner up, mostly average across the rest)

Danger 0/2 (best was runner up, poor in the other)

Judd 1/2 BOGs (very good across both)

Only in AFL have I heard the terms “it’s just a few/one game so it doesn’t matter” to describe finals/GFs. Ngl it’s quite disturbing. That’s the aim of the game.

I think personally who you would trust to win you a flag on the day matters a lot when you judge a player.

For some reason in AFL unlike other sports AFL fans don’t really care if players perform well in GFs/Finals.

I mean who would you trust at their peak:

Dusty 3/3 BOGs in GFs (including 9/12 BOGs in finals games)

Buddy 0/6 BOGs (I would avoid him like the plague in a GF)

GAJ 0/4 BOGs (best was runner up, mostly average across the rest)

Danger 0/2 (best was runner up, poor in the other)

Judd 1/2 BOGs (very good across both)

Only in AFL have I heard the terms “it’s just a few/one game so it doesn’t matter” to describe finals/GFs. Ngl it’s quite disturbing. That’s the aim of the game.
The argument is not about flags, but best player.
Some great players never got near a flag, so is there value lessened by that, no.
Not much doubt about who you would want on your side in a GF, although Buddy would be handy even you don't like, but the point Matthews was making was that the 'best' players do it all the time. That is the reason why Buddy, Ablett and Danger have 8 x AA, Judd 6 and Dusty 4.

As I said, Dusty is right up there on talent and playing at the highest level, but did not always maintain that level during the season like the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back