Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
No he would trade them all for another Premiership. If you play a team sport and all you chase is individual awards you won't last long in that sport. Since you have never crossed the white line and played the game I guess it's something you would never understand.

BOG in a flag/championship, is the pinnacle (singular award) of sport. That is a fact, it’s what players dream of as kids. Combine that with winning finals MVPs and then the rest of Dustys H&A records on top of that is so incredible and unrealistic nobody even thinks of it. That’s why Gawn said what he said.

Do you think kids dream of winning junk awards at Gold Coast and not playing finals. You kidding yourself mate. Get a clue. Gary Abletts stint at GC should be called the “lost years” of Ablett. Nobody even watches the replays, because nobody cares even you.

Cleansweep17 how are we holding up after the great Lethal's latest assessment?

Anyway congrats on Buddy, Ablett and Dangerfield being named Lethal's top 3 of the 21st century.

img_0456-jpeg.2015618

Do you think kids dream of winning junk awards at Gold Coast and not playing finals. You kidding yourself mate. Get a clue. Gary Abletts stint at GC should be called the “lost years” of Ablett. Nobody even watches the replays, because nobody cares even you.

He went there for a quick pay day but only flushed his "legacy" down the toilet. Meanwhile a player named Dusty eclipsed Ablett's achievements and in turn made himself the GOAT player. Nobody will ever achieve what Dusty did.

Anyway congrats on Buddy, Ablett and Dangerfield being named Lethal's top 3 of the 21st century.

img_0456-jpeg.2015618

I’m glad you showed me this as it exactly proves my point all along.

If you listen to how he ranked them he said he values consistency (I.e AAs) and H&A over finals (“it’s only 3 games”)

And this thought pattern (which you have) gets you to his f’ed up list of:

1. Buddy

2. GAJ

3. DANGERFIELD

=4th Dusty/Judd

Nobody on planet earth would agree with this list.

Does anybody here think Danger is 3rd AND Buddy is better than GAJ (I mean I don’t like Geelong but Gary is better than Buddy sorry)

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that two norm smith medalists are below 3 non-norm smith medalists. Lethal is a competitive guy with an ego, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a little salty they got norm smiths and he never did, if fact he cried instead like a baby in his last GF.

"I would put Dustie alongside your Chris Judd, Matthew Pavlich, Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury." - Leigh 'Lethal' Matthews - 2024.

That's huge praise considering the level of talent amongst that list with the likes of 2x Brownlow Medalist Judd and 4x Premiership Legend Joel Selwood.

"I would put Dustie alongside your Chris Judd, Matthew Pavlich, Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury." - Leigh 'Lethal' Matthews - 2024.

That's huge praise considering the level of talent amongst that list with the likes of 2x Brownlow Medalist Judd and 4x Premiership Legend Joel Selwood.

You don’t even agree with his list man lol

It’s going to be very funny when Judd and Dusty make Legend status and Danger doesn’t.

If you listen to how he ranked them he said he values consistency (I.e AAs) and H&A over finals (“it’s only 3 games”)

1. Buddy

2. GAJ

3. DANGERFIELD

=4th Dusty/Judd

Does anybody here think Danger is 3rd AND Buddy is better than GAJ (I mean I don’t like Geelong but Gary is better than Buddy sorry)

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that two norm smith medalists are below 3 non-norm smith medalists. Lethal is a competitive guy with an ego, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a little salty they got norm smiths and he never did, if fact he cried instead like a baby in his last GF.
I love this post, I have spent over half a decade seeing Richmond fans trot out the praise of Lethals opinions of Dusty in 2017. Constantly disregarding anyone else’s opinion because ‘what would some big footy nuffy know compared to the great Lethal!!!!’ Now here we are and they are going to disparage Leigh and discredit him because they don’t agree with his opinion anymore 🤣🤣🤣

I love this post, I have spent over half a decade seeing Richmond fans trot out the praise of Lethals opinions of Dusty in 2017. Constantly disregarding anyone else’s opinion because ‘what would some big footy nuffy know compared to the great Lethal!!!!’ Now here we are and they are going to disparage Leigh and discredit him because they don’t agree with his opinion anymore 🤣🤣🤣

A guy told me a while ago Lethal flip flops a lot on his opinions (Could’ve actually been a Cats supporter on here). I didn’t believe him, but I do know. Old age seems to be getting to him, Danger 3rd please gimme a break.

img_0456-jpeg.2015618

Lethal Leigh seems to have forgotten the 3 Ayres Medals, the 3 flags, the Brownlow and Coaches MVP with record votes, the finals scoring records, the 35 games he played in the 3 flag years where from mid-season the Tigers could barely afford to lose any game to secure top 4 then a flag, and Dusty was BOG in more than 50% of those games....it's ok Lethal that only adds up to about 60 out of 300 games. Only about 20 times more than 3. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dangerfield > Dusty due to wrong AA selections. Fmd.

Lethal Leigh seems to have forgotten the 3 Ayres Medals, the 3 flags, the Brownlow and Coaches MVP with record votes, the finals scoring records, the 35 games he played in the 3 flag years where from mid-season the Tigers could barely afford to lose any game to secure top 4 then a flag, and Dusty was BOG in more than 50% of those games....it's ok Lethal that only adds up to about 60 out of 300 games. Only about 20 times more than 3. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dangerfield > Dusty due to wrong AA selections. Fmd.

Yup as soon as I heard him say 3 NS’s. I’m like dude, what about everything else?

But this is what happens when you only care about consistency in H&A. Dangerfield who got his ass wiped by Dusty 3 times when it mattered is apparently better than him 🤣

Thankfully the rest of the world doesn’t agree with his list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup as soon as I heard him say 3 NS’s. I’m like dude, what about everything else?

But this is what happens when you only care about consistency in AA. Dangerfield 🤣

Forget Dusty for a minute.

Dangerfield top 3 this century, LMAO.

But Dangerfield top 3 this century because the AA selectors wrongly picked him 8 times, and for no other reason, wtaf.

Give it away lethal.

1. Buddy

2. GAJ

3. DANGERFIELD

=4th Dusty/Judd

Meltdowns are brilliant to see unfold.

They've really turned on Lethal now.

Tom Morris the true GOAT.

Yup Lethal shut up the GAJ GOAT talk too. I’m sure you’d agree.
I'm fine with Lethal having Franklin at number one this century. Unlike Martin, he has an incredibly strong case. I'm also not deeply insecure about where players from my club are ranked. That is very, very different to the pathetic whining about such matters you undertake.

Absolute gun forwards are more rare than gun midfielders. Franklin is the clear best forward this century and GAJ the clear best midfielder. Both well and truly ahead of Martin, as Matthews stated.

Martin is with that big group of players behind the top two, which is what Lethal was getting at.

I'm fine with Lethal having Franklin at number one this century. Unlike Martin, he has an incredibly strong case. I'm also not deeply insecure about where players from my club are ranked. That is very, very different to the pathetic whining about such matters you undertake.

Absolute gun forwards are more rare than gun midfielders. Franklin is the clear best forward this century and GAJ the clear best midfielder. Both well and truly ahead of Martin, as Matthews stated.

Martin is with that big group of players behind the top two, which is what Lethal was getting at.

No he used your own logic and put Danger 3rd and GAJ 2nd. That should give you a hint that’s it’s cooked logic.

And Buddy/GAJ couldn’t achieve what Dusty did combined. So you can take the pub talk, I’m taking the winner and so is Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back