Richmond-Kangaroos trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2006
Expedition Apparel
AFL Club
Essendon
Rumour is that Leigh Brown will be a Tiger by the end of the week. Wallet is keen to add some height and experience, and sees Brown as a versatile KPP who could fill a few holes down back whilst adding a bit of grunt to the Tigers pace brigade.

Expected deal is:

Kangaroos gain: Krakouer, Pick 8 for the loss of Brown, Pick 37
Richmond gain: Brown, Pick 37 for the loss of Krakouer and Pick 8.

Ridiculous..

Basically its:

Krak for Brown - Both the same standard.. Maybe a small win for Richmond

Pick 8 for 37 - BIG win for the Roos,...

Worst trade rumour yet..

Southwark@Southbank said:
Rumour is that Leigh Brown will be a Tiger by the end of the week. Wallet is keen to add some height and experience, and sees Brown as a versatile KPP who could fill a few holes down back whilst adding a bit of grunt to the Tigers pace brigade.

Expected deal is:

Pick 8 is too much.

The Krakouer-Brown swap with a sweetener is OK, but pick 8 wouldn't be part of the deal.

Expected deal is:

Don't tease me please, we get rid of Brown and get something for him in return!!

Ops sorry he's a great player, definatley getting ripped in this one;)

If this is the case that would mean Perry will not be leaving!!:thumbsu:

Expected deal is:

Do it. Do it.

Expected deal is:

Yikes! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would do that trade so quickly that Greg Miller would actually be killed by the sonic boom of my pen signing the papers up.

NorthBhoy said:
I would do that trade so quickly that Greg Miller would actually be killed by the sonic boom of my pen signing the papers up.

I am sending off a box of solid gold pens to Greg Millers office as we speak.

Why does everyone persist with the thinking that trades have to be fair?

If a team is desperate for a player or a type of player they will usually pay over the odds to get them, not the fair trades that are suggested. Each player would be rated differently anyway.

A team like Richmond who desperately needs key backman are going to value soemone like Brown a lot more than a WCE or Adelaide who have super backlines.

I will agree that this deal sounds too good to be true, but the clown who mentioned that Krakouer is valued the same as Brown is a complete TOOL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they did this deal, then along with the Carey deal, Richmond fans would have to really question Miller's loyalties.

Roosurgence said:

After last year, not me!!

I don't rate Krak at all, but pick 8 would be tidy.

Porthos said:
If they did this deal, then along with the Carey deal, Richmond fans would have to really question Miller's loyalties.

the afl moving the goal posts after trade period in 2003 had more to do with that trade looking onesided than anything Greg Miller has done.

dont let the facts get in the way of a good story porthos

Expected deal is:

Change that for pick 21 and Brown and it's a bit more even.
Brown is a very talented and versatile yet underperforming player: he would very likely flourish under a new coach at a new club.

I would have thought it went more like this.

Laidley: The word going around town is that Richmond are short on KPP'ers down back?
Wallace: Perhaps, who does it concern?
Laidley: Would you be interested in Leigh Brown
Wallace: Entertain me
Laidley: We are willing to offer you Leigh Brown if you give us something suitable in return
Wallace: Who did you have in mind?
Laidley: What's the status on Kellaway?
Wallace: Well...umm...you'd have to do better then a straight swap for Brown, Kellaway is an integral part of our backline, I'd say he has at the very least another 4-5 years of service left with the RFC
Laidley - Would you be interested in an exchange of draft picks
Wallace - Go on
Laidley - What's the status of Shane Tuck?
Wallace - Non negotiable!
Laidley - Pick #3 non negotiable?
Wallace - Yes (poker face)
Laidley - Fair enough, you drive a hard bargain. The NMFC is willing to put our first 2 selections in the 2006 draft (3 and 21) and Leigh Brown on the table in exchange for Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway. That is our final offer!
Wallace – You’re a fantastic negotiator Dean, keep Brown and we ourselves a trade.
Laidley - SOLD!

Richmond gains - Picks 3, 21
Kangaroos gains - Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway

That's the more likely result.

Hawkk said:
I would have thought it went more like this.

Laidley: The word going around town is that Richmond are short on KPP'ers down back?
Wallace: Perhaps, who does it concern?
Laidley: Would you be interested in Leigh Brown
Wallace: Entertain me
Laidley: We are willing to offer you Leigh Brown if you give us something suitable in return
Wallace: Who did you have in mind?
Laidley: What's the status on Kellaway?
Wallace: Well...umm...you'd have to do better then a straight swap for Brown, Kellaway is an integral part of our backline, I'd say he has at the very least another 4-5 years of service left with the RFC
Laidley - Would you be interested in an exchange of draft picks
Wallace - Go on
Laidley - What's the status of Shane Tuck?
Wallace - Non negotiable!
Laidley - Pick #3 non negotiable?
Wallace - Yes (poker face)
Laidley - Fair enough, you drive a hard bargain. The NMFC is willing to put our first 2 selections in the 2006 draft (3 and 21) and Leigh Brown on the table in exchange for Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway. That is our final offer!
Wallace – You’re a fantastic negotiator Dean, keep Brown and we ourselves a trade.
Laidley - SOLD!

Richmond gains - Picks 3, 21
Kangaroos gains - Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway

That's the more likely result.

Nice try. The only problem is that Laidley is banned from trading anything but stationary supplies. In future, keep up with the news.;)

fusion said:
Would Richmond be interested in Brown if a fair deal could be worked out?

They have also considered swapping Pick 42 to the Roos in return for Pick 37. I agree it's a good deal for the Kangas - think if this deal went through someone at the roos would kiss Miller on the nuts :eek:

Roosurgence said:

If a team is desperate for a player or a type of player they will usually pay over the odds to get them, not the fair trades that are suggested. Each player would be rated differently anyway.

A team like Richmond who desperately needs key backman are going to value soemone like Brown a lot more than a WCE or Adelaide who have super backlines.

I will agree that this deal sounds too good to be true, but the clown who mentioned that Krakouer is valued the same as Brown is a complete TOOL!

But we don't need a backman THAT badly!
The Tiges won't be too concerned about having a gap for the next 2 years . Until then, they can circle around looking or a good deal on a KPP and if no one comes through from the list you trade a top pick(s) to cover your weakness. But only when that midfield has matured.
In the meantime we will look for a bargain but will play on without any 'replacements ' if need be.

They have also considered swapping Pick 42 to the Roos in return for Pick 37. I agree it's a good deal for the Kangas - think if this deal went through someone at the roos would kiss Miller on the nuts :eek:

I agree that Brown could be a good pick up for the Tiges and he has monumental upside but the deal seems a little rich to me.

Source? Reliable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-Kangaroos trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back