Richmond-Kangaroos trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Porthos said:
If they did this deal, then along with the Carey deal, Richmond fans would have to really question Miller's loyalties.
Not necessarily.Miller is good at providing short term success and immediate smiles for which ever club he works for, but then will eventually screw things up and leave a huge mess for the next "gullible" to clean up once he's gone.Just sounds like the everyday Greg Miller to me.

Roosurgence said:
Why does everyone persist with the thinking that trades have to be fair?

If a team is desperate for a player or a type of player they will usually pay over the odds to get them, not the fair trades that are suggested. Each player would be rated differently anyway.

A team like Richmond who desperately needs key backman are going to value soemone like Brown a lot more than a WCE or Adelaide who have super backlines.

I dont think we are as desperate as people think for a key backman. We allready have the AA CHB in our lineup ;). Thursfield to come back, Gaspar is still around, Schulz could go back there, then add in the fact that we wont be challenging for a top 4 spot next year anyway, i dont see why we would pay over the odds for a KP backman. We would be much better off just drafting a backman, rather than using our first pick to trade for an average one. 2nd round + Krak would be great though.

Southwark@Southbank said:
Rumour is that Leigh Brown will be a Tiger by the end of the week. Wallet is keen to add some height and experience, and sees Brown as a versatile KPP who could fill a few holes down back whilst adding a bit of grunt to the Tigers pace brigade.

Expected deal is:

Kangaroos gain: Krakouer, Pick 8 for the loss of Brown, Pick 37
Richmond gain: Brown, Pick 37 for the loss of Krakouer and Pick 8.

This is not Bay 13. That is YOUR crap rumour and nothing more. Go away.

LVAK said:
But we don't need a backman THAT badly!
The Tiges won't be too concerned about having a gap for the next 2 years . Until then, they can circle around looking or a good deal on a KPP and if no one comes through from the list you trade a top pick(s) to cover your weakness. But only when that midfield has matured.
In the meantime we will look for a bargain but will play on without any 'replacements ' if need be.

Wallace and the board will be keen for results knowing the history of your club. Without results I hope Wallace invests in a good raincoat.

Your backline is rat****. Thurstfield (not sure of correct spelling) is coming off a knee reco so expect him to take another year to get back on track. Ray Hall gets torn a new one when he plays on power forwards. Gasper the friendly defender - do I need to say anything more? Schulz is no backman. I don't think it is any coincidence that Richmond had some big losses this year due to a deficient backline.

You have good mids, good small forwards and backs and Richo, all you are missing is a key defender, the best 2 short term solutions would be Polak or Brown. I think a deal of Brown and 21 for Krakouer, 8 would be close to the mark.

banzai said:
I dont think we are as desperate as people think for a key backman. We allready have the AA CHB in our lineup ;). Thursfield to come back, Gaspar is still around, Schulz could go back there, then add in the fact that we wont be challenging for a top 4 spot next year anyway, i dont see why we would pay over the odds for a KP backman. We would be much better off just drafting a backman, rather than using our first pick to trade for an average one. 2nd round + Krak would be great though.

We will no doubt investigate what other players are available that could play as tall defenders, but as you have said we have plans in place if we don't bring in anyone. Interested? Yes. Desperate? No.

Hawkk said:
I would have thought it went more like this.

Laidley: The word going around town is that Richmond are short on KPP'ers down back?
Wallace: Perhaps, who does it concern?
Laidley: Would you be interested in Leigh Brown
Wallace: Entertain me
Laidley: We are willing to offer you Leigh Brown if you give us something suitable in return
Wallace: Who did you have in mind?
Laidley: What's the status on Kellaway?
Wallace: Well...umm...you'd have to do better then a straight swap for Brown, Kellaway is an integral part of our backline, I'd say he has at the very least another 4-5 years of service left with the RFC
Laidley - Would you be interested in an exchange of draft picks
Wallace - Go on
Laidley - What's the status of Shane Tuck?
Wallace - Non negotiable!
Laidley - Pick #3 non negotiable?
Wallace - Yes (poker face)
Laidley - Fair enough, you drive a hard bargain. The NMFC is willing to put our first 2 selections in the 2006 draft (3 and 21) and Leigh Brown on the table in exchange for Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway. That is our final offer!
Wallace – You’re a fantastic negotiator Dean, keep Brown and we ourselves a trade.
Laidley - SOLD!

Richmond gains - Picks 3, 21
Kangaroos gains - Krakour, Tuck and Kellaway

That's the more likely result.

I am waiting for the Hawthorn version of Jacobs for pick 6 from Sheedy or perhaps the Hawthorn recruitment team discussing how much better Hodge will be than Judd. ;)

Roosurgence said:
Wallace and the board will be keen for results knowing the history of your club. Without results I hope Wallace invests in a good raincoat.

Your backline is rat****. Thurstfield (not sure of correct spelling) is coming off a knee reco so expect him to take another year to get back on track. Ray Hall gets torn a new one when he plays on power forwards. Gasper the friendly defender - do I need to say anything more? Schulz is no backman. I don't think it is any coincidence that Richmond had some big losses this year due to a deficient backline.

You have good mids, good small forwards and backs and Richo, all you are missing is a key defender, the best 2 short term solutions would be Polak or Brown. I think a deal of Brown and 21 for Krakouer, 8 would be close to the mark.

Actually those thrashings were largely due to getting smashed in the middle. Our defence isn't great, you don't understand the type of team that Wallace is trying to build now. It's not about having 2 or 3 big gorilla defenders, it's about one big full-back, then Bowden at CHB, and a hole heap of runners. Happy to conceded height in defence for the trade-off of getting plenty of run. So yes, we lack some quality and some depth, but it's not as bad as you think because our requirements are less than a lot of other clubs. Our most pressing need is still midfield depth, we have a lot coming through, but most are young and will take time.

Roosurgence said:

If we had a good backline we may have lost these games by 15 goals instead of 20. If we had had Leigh Brown we may have lost these games by 19 goals instead of 20. Our midfield got absolutely smashed and the defence didnt stand a chance. The Western Bulldogs dont have key forwards and still smashed us in round 1.

People who reckon Krakouer is of equal value to Brown are kidding themselves. One is a KP albeit an inconsistant one. The other can't get a regular game for a team that didn't make the finals. Small forward is never the same value as a KP, especially if they average 5 kicks a game.

Roosurgence said:

Knowing the history of the club I think they will be much more patient and cautious than in the past!!

I think their idea of what the backline will be is a bit different from the norm so I doubt that we will be absolutely desperate for a KPP backman.Not just yet anyway .
Instead will just be sniffing around for a bargain if it arises.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Ridiculous..

Basically its:

Krak for Brown - Both the same standard.. Maybe a small win for Richmond

Pick 8 for 37 - BIG win for the Roos,...

Worst trade rumour yet..

small win? brown has it all over krakouer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Way

Straight Swap Krakeour for Brown

Or Richmond Brown, Perry, Pick 37
North Krakeour, Moore(someone else this is just a suggestion), Pick 42

No way would be trade a top 8 pick for Brown and Pick 37.

LOL not even Aker or Everitt is top 10 pick so why would we give u r top 10 pick for Leigh Brown.

No Way

Straight Swap Krakeour for Brown

Pfft. Brown had a terrible 2006, but he could have three more and still be worth more than Krak.

Or Richmond Brown, Perry, Pick 37
North Krakeour, Moore(someone else this is just a suggestion), Pick 42

Kidding yourself.

The first trade proposed in this thread is not at all likely, but yours is worse.

At the risk of sounding parochial, I think 21 and Brown for pick 8 and Krakeour is hardly highway robbery. You would be picking up an inconsistent CHB, that does have ability, for the same salary as an inconsistent forward pocket.

There is no way that Brown for Krakeour could be considered an even swap.

A swap pick around the 12 to 15 mark would probably be fairer, so if the Tigers could trade for a decent player for that pick 8 in exchange for picks 12 to 15 then they could have themselves a very good deal.

The Tigers would pick up Brown, another decent player and pick 21 in exchange for pick 8.

North would lose Brown and pick 21 in exchange for pick 12 to 15 and Krakeour.

A third party would upgrade from pick 12 to 15 to pick 8 by losing a mid tier player.

Thats seems much more workable.

Brown would most likely flourish away from Laidley. The same goes for most of the North list.:rolleyes:

sput1956 said:
At the risk of sounding parochial, I think 21 and Brown for pick 8 and Krakeour is hardly highway robbery. You would be picking up an inconsistent CHB, that does have ability, for the same salary as an inconsistent forward pocket.

There is no way that Brown for Krakeour could be considered an even swap.

A swap pick around the 12 to 15 mark would probably be fairer, so if the Tigers could trade for a decent player for that pick 8 in exchange for picks 12 to 15 then they could have themselves a very good deal.

The Tigers would pick up Brown, another decent player and pick 21 in exchange for pick 8.

North would lose Brown and pick 21 in exchange for pick 12 to 15 and Krakeour.

A third party would upgrade from pick 12 to 15 to pick 8 by losing a mid tier player.

Thats seems much more workable.

Brown would most likely flourish away from Laidley. The same goes for most of the North list.:rolleyes:

all great

the only problem is brown is slow and hence not of interest to the tigers

blaisee said:
all great

the only problem is brown is slow and hence not of interest to the tigers

Slow or not, he is worth every bit of 5 to 10 draft places more than Andrew Krakeour. That is the real point here.

sput1956 said:
Slow or not, he is worth every bit of 5 to 10 draft places more than Andrew Krakeour. That is the real point here.

the point is the tigers are interested in perry, not brown, and he is worth about the same if not less than krakouer

sput1956 said:

Tell you what, over 100 yards, Brown wouldn't lose out by much to Krak either. Andrew flat out struggles over distance. Actually, for his height, he os a plodder.

Whatever. Not going to happen, not really worth discussing.

Southwark@Southbank said:
Rumour is that Leigh Brown will be a Tiger by the end of the week. Wallet is keen to add some height and experience, and sees Brown as a versatile KPP who could fill a few holes down back whilst adding a bit of grunt to the Tigers pace brigade.

Expected deal is:

Kangaroos gain: Krakouer, Pick 8 for the loss of Brown, Pick 37
Richmond gain: Brown, Pick 37 for the loss of Krakouer and Pick 8.

And people thought the trade I suggested was cruddy. If the Tigers were to do this then I would ask that the person responsible for The History of the Dockers, gets 1 prepared for Richmond.

Hold On Brown for had an ordinary yr and so did Krakeour.

Staright seemed Fair.

Pick 37 and brown for Pick 8 and Kraeour is A JOKE.

The first round draft picks this yr are supposed to be the best draft for yrs and u think will give r 8 for L.Brown and ur third round ur kidding urself.

Not even aker who has played in 3 premierships and won a brownlow is getting a first round for him nor Everitt, and u wreckon L.Brown is worth it more than them ur kidding urself.

Hold on, hasn't everyone agreed that the proposed deal would be weighted in North's favour by a considerable margin?

I am simply stating that Brown is worth more than Krak. And I don't even rate Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-Kangaroos trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back