Richmond Membership Tally 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me we've got members wanting to cancel based on what the club has written on their Christmas card. What a load of old shit.

You can't win the flag every year. 2017 was only as sweet as it was because of the journey to get there. Gotta take the ups with the downs.

I honestly want the life you guys have got, if complaining about a Christmas card is the worst of your problems.

i didn't say it was the 'holiday season' card alone : i very specifically put it into a wider context. The card is just the latest small drip in a long running drip effect that has altered my relationship with my team: because it seems to be a Richmond member is no long just about supporting a team: it comes with a whole lot of additional un-asked for cultural baggage. and it has nothing to do with success on the field: if you're going to comment with disdain at least read the ******* post properly and engage your brain on the issue being shared.
It's your choice whether you embrace the club choosing to be a more inclusive environment, but I find choosing not to renew your membership over it rather petty.

I bet you weren't complaining when we were winning flags off the back of creating a culture that encourages players to embrace their differences and show care for each other. What's wrong with the club bringing our fans into that culture?

We have Richmond supporters from all sorts of different backgrounds and we're all united by our love of the club. Why not accept and understand that there are people out there that are different to you, rather than being scared of them?

Look, Im really not normally this kind of guy but the club just sent me a Christmas email titled "happy holiday Season". I am really really really getting tired of idealogical nudges and posturing from a football club; and this isnt the biggest of them at all, but its kinda the straw thats breaking the camel's back. Why the * couldnt they use the word Christmas? who is it hurting? who is it 'excluding'? Why do it? Its not an innocent choice of words, its an intentional choice.

...and the point it is, the drip drip of my support of the club being constantly appropriated to advance endless political opinions is now genuinely damaging my relationship with/love of the club. I didnt sign up for this. I dont know if anyone else feels the same, but I suspect many do. its seems incredible to me that they could sufficiently poison my unquestioning love of club, but I can no longer just blindly sign up on these terms. I want to barrack for a football club, not a cultural movement.. and I think Ive just reached the tipping point where they are placing too many idealogical barriers in the way of my emotional connection to the club and are seriously considering cancelling my family memberships. They've poisoned the passion.

Hear you loud and clear, brother.
Over it.
A bit like the company I work for ... 'Join us in helping our colleagues celebrate Diwali/Ramadan/Sorry Day etc. but can bring itself to say the word Christmas that most celebrate.
Social engineering at its finest.

It's your choice whether you embrace the club choosing to be a more inclusive environment, but I find choosing not to renew your membership over it rather petty.

I bet you weren't complaining when we were winning flags off the back of creating a culture that encourages players to embrace their differences and show care for each other. What's wrong with the club bringing our fans into that culture?

We have Richmond supporters from all sorts of different backgrounds and we're all united by our love of the club. Why not accept and understand that there are people out there that are different to you, rather than being scared of them?

We can accept and be inclusive of other cultures without excluding Christian culture.

Exactly, so why exclude Xmas? Part of that culture is including everyone.

The actual holiday is called "Chritmas Day", that's the name of it... enjopy your Xmas holiday, doesn't mean you have to believe in it, just enjoy it.

We celebrate our indigenous culture extremely well, we are not all indigenous.
We celebrate Pride, quite a bit in the womens program, we are not all LGTB.
We celebrate the Bachar Houli foundation and the work it does, we are not all Muslim

So we might not all be Christian, but we won't say Merry Xmas??? (but we will certainly take the Public Holiday for it)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a s**t, smug, morally superior reply. So why does embracing a more inclusive environment specifically exclude the celebration of Christmas? You seem believe in the modern style of selective inclusiveness that involves your causes and interests only and everyone else are bigots. Of course you do; because its stuff you happen to agree with; lets see you squeal like a pig when a future administration consistently (not one-off) champions political slants/positions YOU dont like. But then, the precedent will now have been set. According to you, the administration are herewith allowed to channel their personal political views through the club; and you must not only tolerate it, you must embrace it or you are a bad bad person.
This is entirely why sporting organisations should not get in involved in politics. It never unites it always divides: and it is completely outside the remit of why the club exists in the first place.
Saying "happy holidays" isn't a political statement lol

That's like saying a restaurant menu having gluten free options is a political statement.

unless cfl roll back some of the last 3 years [i'd prefer the last 25 but i'm reasonable] of bs architectural sabotage of Australian Rules Football i hate to say it but this will be my last year as a member

love the club hate the league

and the corporate heirarchical ratrace is whats behind the political correctness, its not rfc creating this nanny state "think the way we want you to think" crap, we have just embraced it because, more than a footy team, we are a corporation

pc is what these psychopaths at the top of the wageslave structure use to bring threats down, be they fellow power fetishists or the masses of morons who they brainwash with some of the worst art and propaganda The Watcher has ever had the utter torture of accepting as real before him...

and that is what has changed footy for me since the mid 80's

it's just gotten worse and worse and i gotta tell yas, supporting the cfl when i have to choose between heating or food is getting old

Look, Im really not normally this kind of guy but the club just sent me a Christmas email titled "happy holiday Season". I am really really really getting tired of idealogical nudges and posturing from a football club; and this isnt the biggest of them at all, but its kinda the straw thats breaking the camel's back. Why the * couldnt they use the word Christmas? who is it hurting? who is it 'excluding'? Why do it? Its not an innocent choice of words, its an intentional choice.

...and the point it is, the drip drip of my support of the club being constantly appropriated to advance endless political opinions is now genuinely damaging my relationship with/love of the club. I didnt sign up for this. I dont know if anyone else feels the same, but I suspect many do. its seems incredible to me that they could sufficiently poison my unquestioning love of club, but I can no longer just blindly sign up on these terms. I want to barrack for a football club, not a cultural movement.. and I think Ive just reached the tipping point where they are placing too many idealogical barriers in the way of my emotional connection to the club and are seriously considering cancelling my family memberships. They've poisoned the passion.
That has to be one of the most whiny petty things I have ever read in my life. Sorry the world’s not tailor made to your opinions buddy. I wish people like you would stop supporting the club. Imagine being triggered over being wished happy holidays. FMD. The worlds ****ed.

unless cfl roll back some of the last 3 years [i'd prefer the last 25 but i'm reasonable] of bs architectural sabotage of Australian Rules Football i hate to say it but this will be my last year as a member

love the club hate the league

and the corporate heirarchical ratrace is whats behind the political correctness, its not rfc creating this nanny state "think the way we want you to think" crap, we have just embraced it because, more than a footy team, we are a corporation

pc is what these psychopaths at the top of the wageslave structure use to bring threats down, be they fellow power fetishists or the masses of morons who they brainwash with some of the worst art and propaganda The Watcher has ever had the utter torture of accepting as real before him...

and that is what has changed footy for me since the mid 80's

it's just gotten worse and worse and i gotta tell yas, supporting the cfl when i have to choose between heating or food is getting old
Nail on the head stuff scroat.

The RFC is only following the orders of the maggots running the AFL. It's because I can never repay the RFC for the joy they gave me particularly as a young boy and young adult that I will always buy a RFC membership. I hope you can see reason to continue your support.

My contempt for the AFL I displayed by cancelling my Gold AFL Membership (Richmond club support) a number of years ago and just bought a RFC one. There is no way I am funding those scumbags and their propaganda.

Trust me, the majority think like you and I but don't have a leader to confront the pc woke brigade. It will come.

I understand what you are saying, even if I don't agree with it. Not that I disagree with it either.

Part of the reason the club has 100,000 members is because it has broadened it's appeal. Mums, dads, kids, singles, childless, gay, straight, queer, rich, poor, disabled, disaffected, religious (catholic, prostestant, muslim, hindu,...) non-religious...

It's pretty easy to see there is a big cohort there, and if appealling to those groups in various ways means they lose the odd member... well, I'm sure the club has done the sums and know what the best move is.

My suggestion -just love the jumper, the players, the song, the history and the moments that matter to you. Leave the rest behind. Love the club in your own way, don't worry about how and why others love it and I reckon the club will ove you back too.

I understand what you are saying, even if I don't agree with it. Not that I disagree with it either.

Part of the reason the club has 100,000 members is because it has broadened it's appeal. Mums, dads, kids, singles, childless, gay, straight, queer, rich, poor, disabled, disaffected, religious (catholic, prostestant, muslim, hindu,...) non-religious...

It's pretty easy to see there is a big cohort there, and if appealling to those groups in various ways means they lose the odd member... well, I'm sure the club has done the sums and know what the best move is.

My suggestion -just love the jumper, the players, the song, the history and the moments that matter to you. Leave the rest behind. Love the club in your own way, don't worry about how and why others love it and I reckon the club will ove you back too.
You make too much sense , post more often ,,,,please

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Membership Tally 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back