Caracella - gone
Dimma - gone
Jack - gone
Cotch - gone
Burge - gone
Benny - going
Balme- going
Clarke- going

How's our club recruitment going? Feel like everyone was poached and we're a sinking ship. Now they're coming for whatever players we have left.

We have not heard much about gale's replacement and what's happening with our football dept. Since we won our 3rd premiership, we have gone backwards
Don’t stress Benny only let them know last November , still writing the seek add

Can't have Simon Matthews IMO...

Too much internal view lately, and I feel as though we need new refreshed eyes and ideas to help take us forward.

Even though Benny was a former player, he technically came from outside the club after having experince elsewhere.
Same should apply here.

Too much internal view lately, and I feel as though we need new refreshed eyes and ideas to help take us forward.

Even though Benny was a former player, he technically came from outside the club after having experince elsewhere.
Same should apply here.

Agreed.

An outsiders eyes needed as we have become complacent and stale.

Same should apply here.
An outsider from a competitive club or with a proven AFL track record at AFL House.

To be honest if I were taking on the job the first thing I would do is order an external report like we did back in 2016 with KPMG or someone of the like. That way I know that I am going to get the unbiased accounting of operations from day one and I can make decisions accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, the club simply MUST put in a call to the man with all the answers and it MUST act now.

I mean how lucky are we to have such great resources available as people who know everything about how to run a footy club who have never even been employed by a footy club. That is how smart this guy is. Step forward and tell us exactly what we need to do urgently.....Purple:

I perused that for a chuckle on a slow news day in the Rise household. In summary, Purple has dictated the following actions:

1. "Find out immediately whether Dustin Martin still wants to be at the club in 2025."

My comment - forget that the club legend is uncontracted beyond this year, forget his manager has consistently said a decision will be made at the end of the season, forget that there could be many variable factors yet to unfold that might impact on that decision, some of which may not be under any one person's control, forget that we as a club may already be perfectly across Dusty's preferences......go and demand to know NOW. Purple gives the highly compelling reason that the club will then have 8 weeks to plan a fitting sendoff in the event he is leaving. A sendoff that could be perfectly well managed if his intentions were known even days in advance.

By extension every club must go to every player over 30yo of any note and demand to know the exact date they plan to stop playing for the club. Because how could a club possibly function without this type of knowledge.

2. "Then, the Tom Lynch matter needs to be determined. Liam Baker also. Then Daniel Rioli. After that, tough conversations need to be had with Dylan Grimes and Dion Prestia, too."

My comment - Ok, so normal list management procedures that occur on an ongoing basis at every club including Richmond? Yep, pretty tough to argue with that ****wit. Lol.

3. "There is so much to work through at the Tigers, given how far they have fallen since securing the 2017, 2019 and 2020 premierships."

My comment - So there wouldn't be much to work through if Richmond won more games in 2024? Hmmmm....

Here is my favourite:

4. "Preparation for 2025 and beyond needs to begin now, not after the remaining eight matches of the 2024 season,"

My comment - You would never have guessed Richmond don't start preparing for the next season until the previous season is fully completed. Thank god there are journos as sharp as Barrett to inform us of such things. I can just picture O'Rourke reading this article and saying to himself, ****, what a great idea. Sauntering down the hall to Benny's office and saying that as of today, Wednesday July 3, 2024, preparations for the 2025 Toyota AFL Premiership season NEEDS to start now. And Benny saying fmd Rorkey, what a great idea, I will inform all the usual channels. Gale picks up the phone..."is this Guiseppe Mamone? Great, no time for niceties Guisseppe, preparations for the 2025 season need to start now, please inform all stake holders."

5. "Even before that match, new coach Adem Yze, now clearly struggling with a 2-13 scoreline, had already conditioned the industry for Martin to not be playing next Saturday, against Fremantle."

My comment - So when Yze answered a straight forward question about Martin's injury that saw him subbed out he wasn't giving an honest and helpful insight for the fans and reporters, he was very sneakily "conditioning the industry." Just like the time Josh Gibcus did his ACL and Yze conditioned the industry to the fact he was likely to miss approximately 12 months of football, by very cunningly telling the truth about it. Coaches. We should change their titles to Head Industry Conditioners.

6. "There has always been a beautiful mystique attached to Martin's time in football, but right now there is a frustrating unknown surrounding him."

My comment - article was going nowhere so back we go to the cash cow Dustin Martin. Frustrating unknown for whom exactly Purple? There are 9 games of football going on every week but everybody involved in the sport can't focus on that, they are busy being frustrated by not knowing exactly what Dustin Martin is going to decide to do until the end of the season, as consistently foreshadowed by both the club and Dusty's spokesperson. We are also dreadfully frustrated by not knowing the result of this years Grand Final, so that also NEEDS to be played right here right now.

7 "Richmond would be entitled to demand full knowledge of Martin's plans in the next fortnight. In fact, it should set that as a deadline."

My comment - The thing about being uncontracted after the end of the season is it gives the player the right to decide his course of action after the contract expires, not at some arbitrary deadline set by expert club running know-it-all Purple Head Barrett. What he is essentially saying here is all clubs should have the right to force players to make up their minds on the future at the precise point Damien Barrett nominates. He is going to be a busy boy in future having to nominate about 350 precise points players MUST inform their clubs of their future intentions every year from now on...

It goes on, Gale must go, Richmond should be in dialogue with Collingwood to gift wrap Lynch for them, Baker needs to give a final answer now, but it os ok for Richmond to still play him for the rest of this year regardless, Richmond needs to contact Suns to see what they are offering for Rioli, Grimes and Prestia must be ruthlessly terminated.

How ****ing unlucky that all the people who know exactly how to run the Richmond FC are currently working in the media writing hysterical attention seeking pieces gratuitously mentioning Dustin Martin as many times as humanly possible.

Thanks for the laughs Purple. :)

Last edited:
Ok, the club simply MUST put in a call to the man with all the answers and it MUST act now.

I mean how lucky are we to have such great resources available as people who know everything about how to run a footy club who have never even been employed by a footy club. That is how smart this guy is. Step forward and tell us exactly what we need to do urgently.....Purple:

I perused that for a chuckle on a slow news day in the Rise household. In summary, Purple has dictated the following actions:

1. "Find out immediately whether Dustin Martin still wants to be at the club in 2025."

My comment - forget that the club legend is uncontracted beyond this year, forget his manager has consistently said a decision will be made at the end of the season, forget that there could be many variable factors yet to unfold that might impact on that decision, some of which may not be under any one person's control, forget that we as a club may already be perfectly across Dusty's preferences......go and demand to know NOW. Purple gives the highly compelling reason that the club will then have 8 weeks to plan a fitting sendoff in the event he is leaving. A sendoff that could be perfectly well managed if his intentions were known even days in advance.

By extension every club must go to every player over 30yo of any note and demand to know the exact date they plan to stop playing for the club. Because how could a club possibly function without this type of knowledge.

2. "Then, the Tom Lynch matter needs to be determined. Liam Baker also. Then Daniel Rioli. After that, tough conversations need to be had with Dylan Grimes and Dion Prestia, too."

My comment - Ok, so normal list management procedures that occur on an ongoing basis at every club including Richmond? Yep, pretty tough to argue with that ****wit. Lol.

3. "There is so much to work through at the Tigers, given how far they have fallen since securing the 2017, 2019 and 2020 premierships."

My comment - So there wouldn't be much to work through if Richmond won more games in 2024? Hmmmm....

Here is my favourite:

4. "Preparation for 2025 and beyond needs to begin now, not after the remaining eight matches of the 2024 season,"

My comment - You would never have guessed Richmond don't start preparing for the next season until the previous season is fully completed. Thank god there are journos as sharp as Barrett to inform us of such things. I can just picture O'Rourke reading this article and saying to himself, ****, what a great idea. Sauntering down the hall to Benny's office and saying that as of today, Wednesday July 3, 2024, preparations for the 2025 Toyota AFL Premiership season NEEDS to start now. And Benny saying fmd Rorkey, what a great idea, I will inform all the usual channels. Gale picks up the phone..."is this Guiseppe Mamone? Great, no time for niceties Guisseppe, preparations for the 2025 season need to start now, please inform all stake holders."

5. "Even before that match, new coach Adem Yze, now clearly struggling with a 2-13 scoreline, had already conditioned the industry for Martin to not be playing next Saturday, against Fremantle."

My comment - So when Yze answered a straight forward question about Martin's injury that saw him subbed out he wasn't giving an honest and helpful insight for the fans and reporters, he was very sneakily "conditioning the industry." Just like the time Josh Gibcus did his ACL and Yze conditioned the industry to the fact he was likely to miss approximately 12 months of football, by very cunningly telling the truth about it. Coaches. We should change their titles to Head Industry Conditioners.

6. "There has always been a beautiful mystique attached to Martin's time in football, but right now there is a frustrating unknown surrounding him."

My comment - article was going nowhere so back we go to the cash cow Dustin Martin. Frustrating unknown for whom exactly Purple? There are 9 games of football going on every week but everybody involved in the sport can't focus on that, they are busy being frustrated by not knowing exactly what Dustin Martin is going to decide to do until the end of the season, as consistently foreshadowed by both the club and Dusty's spokesperson. We are also dreadfully frustrated by not knowing the result of this years Grand Final, so that also NEEDS to be played right here right now.

7 "Richmond would be entitled to demand full knowledge of Martin's plans in the next fortnight. In fact, it should set that as a deadline."

My comment - The thing about being uncontracted after the end of the season is it gives the player the right to decide his course of action after the contract expires, not at some arbitrary deadline set by expert club running know-it-all Purple Head Barrett. What he is essentially saying here is all clubs should have the right to force players to make up their minds on the future at the precise point Damien Barrett nominates. He is going to be a busy boy in future having to nominate about 350 precise points players MUST inform their clubs of their future intentions every year from now on...

It goes on, Gale must go, Richmond should be in dialogue with Collingwood to gift wrap Lynch for them, Baker needs to give a final answer now, but it os ok for Richmond to still play him for the rest of this year regardless, Richmond needs to contact Suns to see what they are offering for Rioli, Grimes and Prestia must be ruthlessly terminated.

How ****ing unlucky that all the people who know exactly how to run the Richmond FC are currently working in the media writing hysterical attention seeking pieces gratuitously mentioning Dustin Martin as many times as humanly possible.

It bemuzes me that a bloke who's made a living off of football has no idea about football

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here is my favourite:

It's just another Dusty article dressed up as something else 🥱

Here is my favourite:

Well said! You summarised everything I was thinking reading that article…. just an absolutely load of drivel.

Imagine the conversation : “Hey Dusty … I know you’ve said ad nauseum via your manager you will be making a decision on your future at the end of the season, but we don’t accept that. We need a decision within 2 x weeks”

Martin : “I’m undecided about my future and want to see how the remainder of 2024 pans out with my body and motivation”

Club: “We don’t accept that. It’s absolutely critical we know what your intentions are by July 15th.

Martin: “I won’t know by then”.

Club: “Well, just make something up and guess so we can plan accordingly. How do you expect us to possibly plan for the future if we don’t know what a 33yo player, who is an UFA so won’t be involved in a trade and is going from $1.4m to somewhere around $600k is doing?”

Reality is, what Martin is planning on for 2025 and beyond would literally be the least concerning thing for the club.

I won’t cover the rest of his absolute garbage as you’ve covered it very well … but you’d think we’d been on the bottom for a decade when he says “given how far this club has fallen”. We have 2 players to have played every game (Sydney has 16), and it’s less than 2-years ago we lost a GABBA final by a point, just two years after completing a dynasty flag… it’s hardly time for a Royal Commission.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here is my favourite:

Not sure there’s enough Dusty situations in this, 2/10

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back