Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion

The opposite for me. Was not looking forward to carlton straight after the melbourne loss. Now with Miller out and Post, griffiths and King in I am very looking forward to this game. Adding to this we have focused on the FTF carlton game strongly, so much that we were thinking about this game while playing melbourne imo

This would have to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read, and to think you’re actually serious and believe it defies belief.

I've got a good feeling about today's game, not about the result, we all know that if the game follows the script we will lose by 40-60 points, but about finally seeing the future being played together for the first time

So our backline measures up like this today?

Walker-Rance
Post-Kruezer
Thursfield-Henderson
Waite-Batchelor?

Rance or Post to Waite I'd have thought. Walker is an interesting one. Batchelor or farmer. He's important, so maybe even Newman. Block his run

Henderson will play back I reckon. Griff or more likely Tyrone. Tyrone. Interesting name eh.

Apart from Jake King, I can't see who else has deserved their spot. Griff is simply not ready (match fitness and preparation) and he was concussed last week at Coburg. This kid will be a gun, but not until he has a full pre season. I expect Miller to play. Helbig is not ready for the pace of AFL, and has not been in form at Coburg. Strange. Thursfield is an interesting selection considering we gave Astbury and Grimes a few games to settle, and we didn't give that opportunity to Gourdis. Post worries me - he has gone backwards and can't find a position to settle.

Resting Conca was a great idea. He has been fantastic and deserves a rest. Webberly needs a full game in the seniors for a couple of weeks rather than subbed in and out. I would have left him in for another game. McGuane has been horribly out of form for a month. I would have preferred Nason today.

Tuck deserved a recall at the expense of either Grigg or Jackson. Grigg is badly out of form and plays unaccountable football. I hope Morton gets his act together. I'd like to see him play out the rest of the year in the Seniors. Jackson did ok against Judd earlier this year.

I think we have picked a "development" team rather than the "team to win". I can't see us within 7 goals based on that. Unless Jack has a big game !

I'm off in 5 minutes to the game - Go Tiges !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys - can stream live through AFL website for radio - or do what I did & download TVU player & stream southern Cross TV for the live ch 10 broadcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back