Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion Page 10

To me its the complete opposite, why else would they drop an out of touch McGuane for an experienced yet fringe player who probably wont be with us next year. Along with King, a good sub in Helbig, and two young key big men to exploit the Tankers defense and with Waite coming back in, it smacks of ... we are still a chance for finals.

I disagree mate. I says to me they want to have a good look at the list from this point on.

I guess we are both speculating.

For what it's worth I hope you are right though.

i'm intrigued as to the changes, simply because on the players being brought in, only one has shown any signs of good form

King and Post are 'fair enough' inclusions, Griffiths got knocked out in the first quarter last week, Thursfield was passable but nothing like Gourdis has been at VFL level, and Helbig hasn't even been playing the past 2 weeks.

Just don't seem like logical changes to me

i'm intrigued as to the changes, simply because on the players being brought in, only one has shown any signs of good form

King and Post are 'fair enough' inclusions, Griffiths got knocked out in the first quarter last week, Thursfield was passable but nothing like Gourdis has been at VFL level, and Helbig hasn't even been playing the past 2 weeks.

Just don't seem like logical changes to me

If you look at this week in isolation you may be right. In the context of 2012 and beyond they make sense, possibly absent the thursfield inclusion

Dimma's been pretty shrewd IMO. The team selected both gives him the chance to win (by trying to expose the Tanker defence's lack of height) AND the opportunity to get some development into some of the youngsters in a pressure-cooker match. So he rolls the dice, but gets something out of the game no matter what the result. Even the inclusion of Thursty makes sense, both short and long term. Thursty makes a good first or second option to "negate" Waite. (He's plays a far smarter game than McGuane.) And it's about the right time in the season to see whether he got anything to offer the club longterm. If he shows something, our defensive options increase - or he might suddenly gain trade currency. All that said, I'm guessing that Tuck is still a chance of being a late inclusion for Helbig. It would alllow Cotch, Foley and Martin to play more outside time against a very strong midfield.

I disagree mate. I says to me they want to have a good look at the list from this point on.

I guess we are both speculating.

For what it's worth I hope you are right though.

Your right, im just speculating, but the Thurstfield selection has me puzzled if its development based selection, and generally top 6 teams on a good run after a shock loss mid year can lose the following week because they just seem to drop off mentally, im hoping Dimma is banking on a big pro Tiger crowd (like the video they just put together) and the Tankers losing their best defender, a mental drop, and for us 4 good fresh ins, plus a sub in Helbig and a massive rev for playing tackle and pressure free footy last week to take it right up to them. I give us a huge chance this game.

Will be interesting to see if anything unfolds between Rance and Waite. I Hope Hislop knocks out Judd before the game and then head stomps Waite and gets reported for life.

not having a go at players at all. if you took the time to read carefully you would see im having a go at posters and hardwicks inconsistency.

theres been plenty on these boards in defending hardwick insisting that players perform at coburg before they get a game saying its better to keep underperforming players in the team rather than give some kids games even if they havent knocked the door down.
im asking those posters what the hell is going on now, 4 of the ins has not had to do a thing at coburg and yet they get a game and not a squeak out of those posters who insist players must perfrom at coburg first.

if you had just a peek at what is written you would see i said im happy to see those players get a go. the only thing im unhappy with is gourdis getting dropped after just one lousy game.
what hardwick has done is in fact what ive prattled on about with selections. that is just in case you didnt get it or have trouble comprehending, drop underperformers like mcguane miller jackson etc and give others a game even if they havent banged on the door.better to give a kid a game if for no other reason than experience than persevere with known duds. trouble is posters like you think they can all play and never want to see a change.

no my posts were not a shot at players but a shot at posters who want their cake and eat it too.

where are those posters demanding players perform at coburg before they get a game the silence is deafening.

I still maintain players should show form in the two's before promotion, but, Miller, Gourdis and McGuane played poorly on the week end (FWIW i think Goo was stiff to be chopped after a game), so what do you do? Grimes, Astbury and Moore are all out for the season, and i agree with what Harddick has done in sending a message. What would be worse at this stage of the season, leaving underperformers in and technically rewarding their poor games, or replace them with what you have and give younger players experience?
I know i've argued the benefits of what i feel guys like Miller add to the team and structure, but he's had a poor month, something had to give. If we didn't have the injuries we currently have, i reckon the nature of our conversations would be different.

I reckon Miller will come in for Griffiths... The moment this happens my enthusiasm for the game will drop 50%

Geelong will beat Essendon.
I reckon the Bulldogs and Saints will roll Melbourne and the Kangas.
So if we lose this week we sit 13th.
If we win we are 9th (only outside the 8 on %)
Step up tigers!

Appears that Kreuzer is in doubt for tomorow's game. That helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tweet on the tooserious website... dunno how reliable though.

I'm just a little worried that we don't focus too much on what worked well for West Coast last week... (Been covered off a lot in the press etc...)

Different week & a different game + after the loss + some important "in's", Carlton will be a different unit and will have made some plans to counter the difficulty they had with The Weagles marking forwards.

I hope we don't simply think the best way to go is via long bombs down to Jack & Vickery & perhaps Griffiths... a simple Carlton counter tactic of getting players back will put paid to that.

Let's use our height to advantage sure but it aint the be all and end all tomorrow.

Just quietly again... pressure and hard work in the midfield + tackling all over the ground Tigers... let's see if we can put up some "world record" tackling numbers.

Waite's back.:thumbsdown:

[YOUTUBE]q2df-aRickg[/YOUTUBE]

Hope Hardwick went past the cricket shop on the way to training.

Hahaha. :D

Suprised we brought Griff back in after being concussed last week. Dimma seems very keen to stretch Carltons defense. Anyhow the more AFL games we get into this kid the better. He is a monster. :thumbsu:

I've said it before, my mate Tucky is finished at the Tiges.

While I much prefer to develop the side over notching pretty meaningless wins this year, I still think the side is all the poorer for his absence.

I'd love to see Tucky and Dusty playing alongside each other at least a few times this year. I'd also love to hear Dimma explain why he's keeping him at Coburg.

This week would have been the perfect opportunity to unleash old Shane.

Dimma's been pretty shrewd IMO. The team selected both gives him the chance to win (by trying to expose the Tanker defence's lack of height) AND the opportunity to get some development into some of the youngsters in a pressure-cooker match. So he rolls the dice, but gets something out of the game no matter what the result. Even the inclusion of Thursty makes sense, both short and long term. Thursty makes a good first or second option to "negate" Waite. (He's plays a far smarter game than McGuane.) And it's about the right time in the season to see whether he got anything to offer the club longterm. If he shows something, our defensive options increase - or he might suddenly gain trade currency. All that said, I'm guessing that Tuck is still a chance of being a late inclusion for Helbig. It would alllow Cotch, Foley and Martin to play more outside time against a very strong midfield.

Agree woth everything in the post:thumbsu:

If he plays forward he's a liability anyway. Great ruckman, shit forward.

..kicked 2 in the 1st Q vs swans 2 weeks ago.. ..in his first season after a half dozen games or so, in the wet away vs port kicked 3 goals in last Q when played fwd.. .. ..before doing his knee last year again won us a come from behind victory away vs port with 3 goals [in fact, loves playing port at aami].. .... ..kicks goals when played fwd.. ..usually however it's been more a case of chucking him fwd when late in a game our fwds havent delivered.. ..otherwise he was played as ruck and would rest on the bench.. ..this season with 3 man bench he's rested fwd, but has only returned from LTI.. ..for 59 career games he's kicked 33 goals.. ..having just been given cameo roles up fwd for the most part it's a fair return..

..apparently did only stationary drills today at training, but was a light training session across the board.. ..should play..

This game screams for Tuck's influence.

..how many years is this guy out of favour..?.. ..dont see as many tigers games as you guys obviously do, but he seems to play well [well enough at any rate] every time i've seen him play for you guys.. ..is it a youth development policy thing or something else..?..

neither do I.

He's had a few years and his share of chances.

I paid particular attention to him at the Dees game (mainly due to how highly people on here seem to rate him), and he was insipid. I'm not fussed on how many possessions he got, he needed to have a real crack and show a bit of urgency, and he just didn't.

He's not a footballer, the sooner people come around to that the better. His sheer athletic ability will allow him to put in good game after good game at VFL level, but he's not up to AFL standard. There's probably a reason he's been on our list so long and played so few games

Thursfield > Goo every day of the week for mine
Using your flawed logic Slops should also be considered a hack who has had years to develop...discarded by the bummers...dropped by us then picked up as a rookie and has played ordinary at best in our last 4 games

using your flawed logic whoever plays crap this week ought to get dropped then de listed...

you can't say giving a young player 1 week to prove himself is actually giving him a chance!
Goo rightfully earnt a call up after playing very well for many weeks in the 2s It's a bit harsh that after 1 ok game he is dropped...
Funny I don't recall thursty playing well at all..in the 2's at all for the past month! So why was he picked?

As for slops... Well dimmas love child needs to be given time to get his mojo back FFS...Ijust don't get the love for slops...hack at best

other posters here have put up damning stats that show how players eg astbury are picked on reputation not form...add to that Miller and on the flip Post

Goo will be de listed by us at the end of the season... He will be picked up by wc or freo and provide very good service to them as a solid FB

bit over picking teams on personality and not performance

As for the game...we are set for a good old bitch slap by the tankers

This game screams for Tuck's influence.

Agree dice man

what is it with our selection panel? Do they pick on form or favouritism?

On the outer... Tuck goo post
dimmas love children... Slops grigg miller

I'm sure other posters can add to these lists!

Stuff it I'm having another drink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back