Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got the ball out of the middle for a change, our obviously average defence wouldn't have to contest the ball every 30 seconds. Then we might actually be able to exploit Carlton's defence vs Jack & co.

I think Cotch is playing ok, but he's getting no help from an in and under perspective. Get it out of the middle dammit!! :mad:

Look, there is no doubt we are playing like absolute crap and the Blue's pressure is just way too good. Defence is a mess, and smashed out of centre.

However, this umpiring Richmond is getting treated has GOT to stop. It has been going on for a a few weeks now, examples in this game alone up to half time-

- Hands in the back to Rance not paid right in front of umpire - not paid. Blues goal.

- The kick to Helbig in the back pocket WHICH WAS NOT PAID AS 15 METRES forcing him to play on and holding the ball - Blues goal.

- The 50m against Martin when the free kick was in congestion and he asked who it was to before throwing it back - Blues goal.

- The fact Marc Murphy can run, bounce, run again, drop the ball, get tackled, then get rid of the ball - no free to Tigers.

- The countless times all players dive in on the pack, yet some how a tiger gets done for high contact / HOTB.

- The fact that Chris Judd can just throw/launch the ball out when tackled, no free to tigers, yet if he is slightly bumped into at a stoppage = Blues free.

- The constant FRONT ON and holding attention Jack is getting, Henderson is not even looking at the ball and no free to the tiger's.

And this is all just to half time....

We can see it, hell even Robert Walls and Malcom Blight can take a breath between giving each other Carlton fellatio's and are picking up on it.

Someone on another forum mentioned that some umpires in general just dislike certain players and certain teams, i am starting to believe this is true.

If we got the ball out of the middle for a change, our obviously average defence wouldn't have to contest the ball every 30 seconds. Then we might actually be able to exploit Carlton's defence vs Jack & co.

I think Cotch is playing ok, but he's getting no help from an in and under perspective. Get it out of the middle dammit!! :mad:

The way we allow opposing sides to sit on our better players is rubbish . Post been ok , expect Martin to have big last half !
Opposing sides have worked out to give Houli no space !

Can't say I am surprised. We know from the past few weeks featuring losses to port and the dees we are out of form and couple that with Carltons ability to destroy us that we should have kept our expectations low.

And anyone putting any of it on the umps shouldn't bother. Got nothing to do with them.

Look, there is no doubt we are playing like absolute crap and the Blue's pressure is just way too good. Defence is a mess, and smashed out of centre.

However, this umpiring Richmond is getting treated has GOT to stop. It has been going on for a a few weeks now, examples in this game alone up to half time-

- Hands in the back to Rance not paid right in front of umpire - not paid. Blues goal.

- The kick to Helbig in the back pocket WHICH WAS NOT PAID AS 15 METRES forcing him to play on and holding the ball - Blues goal.

- The 50m against Martin when the free kick was in congestion and he asked who it was to before throwing it back - Blues goal.

- The fact Marc Murphy can run, bounce, run again, drop the ball, get tackled, then get rid of the ball - no free to Tigers.

- The countless times all players dive in on the pack, yet some how a tiger gets done for high contact / HOTB.

- The fact that Chris Judd can just throw/launch the ball out when tackled, no free to tigers, yet if he is slightly bumped into at a stoppage = Blues free.

- The constant FRONT ON and holding attention Jack is getting, Henderson is not even looking at the ball and no free to the tiger's.

And this is all just to half time....

We can see it, hell even Robert Walls and Malcom Blight can take a breath between giving each other Carlton fellatio's and are picking up on it.

Someone on another forum mentioned that some umpires in general just dislike certain players and certain teams, i am starting to believe this is true.

This has been happening for years, it's why he's not as respected as he might be.

Can't say I am surprised. We know from the past few weeks featuring losses to port and the dees we are out of form and couple that with Carltons ability to destroy us.

And anyone putting any of it on the umps shouldn't bother. Got nothing to do with them.

Agreed our intensity is awful. We'ed have to be the softest side in the AFL at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I am surprised. We know from the past few weeks featuring losses to port and the dees we are out of form and couple that with Carltons ability to destroy us.

Not putting it on the umps at all. I clarified that early in my post.

I've highlighted decisions from this first half alone without even going into last week.

Hardwick even said in a recent presser something along the lines of the subject going into packs, liked every team does every game yet we are getting pinged for HOTB decisions when others don't.

Something is not right.

Not putting it on the umps at all. I clarified that early in my post.

I've highlighted decisions from this first half alone without even going into last week.

Hardwick even said in a recent presser something along the lines of the subject going into packs, liked every team does every game yet we are getting pinged for HOTB decisions when others don't.

Something is not right.
Was a general post, not aimed right at you but regardless I'd say one eyed Carlton fans could come up with a few to offset some of yours and overall if you're second to the Footy or playing from behind you are putting yourself into a position for the umps to pay a free against you all day.

Before the rules and the umps need to change this teams mantra needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back