Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Team against Carlton - Rd 15 2011

In: Thursfield, King, PostGriffiths. and Helbig.
Out: McGuane, Gourdis, Webberley, Conca and Miller.

This is going to be one hell of a round.

Ins:

Thursfield: Battled some injuries over past few weeks has shown some good form in VFL and is in to replace out of form McGuane - I really hope him the best.

Kingy: Our team lacked that spark of exhilaration last week when King wasn't in the squad. Hopefully he can motivate our team to beat the scum we verse this week.

Post: As soon as he was dropped, he destroyed in the VFL, racking up 27 disposals this week. Will play a KPD role this week to replace Gourdis.

Griffiths: Oh how long we have awaited this moment. Big griff comes into the side replacing out of form Miller. Maybe they brought him in as a good luck charm as every game that he has played we have won.

Helbig: The several times that he has been omitted and promoted must have shaken this boy's confidence. Wish him the best to gain him a permanent spot in our team. I really like the signs that this kid shows.

Outs:

McGuane: Surprised that he wasn't dropped earlier in the season, he lacks confidence and a spell in the VFL will do him good. Has only played 1 or 2 good senior games this year.

Gourdis: He had his chance and he wasted it. He got the big job on Green and did a shocker of a job. Green was one of the few that won the game for Melbourne.

Webberley: He dominates in the VFL but when he plays seniors he chokes. I really like the talent of this kid and hope he is promoted soon.

Conca: It's about time we gave him a rest. You can tell that his football has slowed down in the past few games due to the regular soreness/fitness. Will come back next week.

Miller: I guess he was right to have in the side for half the season till Griffiths was ready to play. He has been playing very average football lately and it is time for him to step aside.

I am very excited about this game, it's time to show the thieves who is boss.

B:Newman Rance Houli
HB: Deledio Thursfield Grigg
C:Cotchin Martin Edwards
HF: Nahas Vickery Helbig
FF: Farmer Riewoldt King
R: Browne Jackson Foley
I/C: Post Hislop Griffiths Batchelor

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion

Going to an inner sanctum footy dept briefing tonight at the club. Will have to ask about Tucky
Happy with this. Dynamic, bold and exciting

Please do.

Im sure I remember preseason Dimma saying he would reward those who play well in the ressies and that their would be no gift games. Ask how good a message it is setting to have a bloke play so well at Coburg yet not being rewarded. When another player hardly steps on the field the week before for Coburg and is gifted a game.

If they bring up age etc.. Why has miller been getting so many games, why was tuck picked earlier this season (and killing it before getting injured) and why is he an EMG if this is the case?

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion Page 10

Pretty stoked Miller and McGuane are gone for Griffiths and Post. Both have proven they aren't good enough to take us anywhere at this level and have been in the system long enough so go with the kids and give them some experience.

MT must be pretty happy.

Wow we really are streching there back-line arnt we.
Griffiths - 198cm
Vickery - 200cm
Jack - 194 but will take best defender

Thornton not big enough for Vickery and Griffiths and Jack would have a field day on him because Brett is as soft as butter.
Laidler not tall enough nor big enough.
White only true back man, So with that said im tipping a late change for Austin or Bower.
This will only be an advantage to us if we win the clearances.
Go Tigers :thumbsu:

Re: Official Team against Carlton - Rd 15 2011

6 in and 5 out? Are the AFL allowing us to play with 23 this week??

Pretty sure Nason is not playing.

Please play Post in the backline where he belongs, is not a forward at all, he was drafted on the back of his performances as a defender as a junior and has never done anything as a forward.
Pretty happy with this team about time McGuane got a spell.

I reckon Griff to Kruzer, Thursfield to Waite, Rance to Walker.

yeah and Nahas to Henderson

Interesting mix up by Dimma and the match committee. Must have been pissed off to the max with last week i guess. So lets see where we are at with all those changes.
If the griff aint ready, which would be red hot with the bookies, i see us copping an almighty arse ripping with Kruezer bagging 6 or 7 and 3 votes.
One thing will save us from the ripping and that is rain. ;)

I reckon Griff to Kruzer, Thursfield to Waite, Rance to Walker.

No way will big Ben play as a defender, as natural a goal kicker as you can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg continues to get picked? Can someone explain why? Plays at HB every week but you never see him earning contested footy.

I agree, squibbed 6 or 7 contestest Bryce Gibbs style on the weekend. Plus 2 nothing handballs to no one that resulted in goals. Really looks like he is just going through the motions out there.

Grigg continues to get picked? Can someone explain why? Plays at HB every week but you never see him earning contested footy.

Lol, thats pretty much what we used to say.

Good luck guys.

Think King and Thursty are the best inclusions. I have always rated Thursty our best defender, he would be behind Rance now but think he is a far better player than the rest.

Can't understand why Helbig in and Tuck not

Think there could be 2 late changes with Batchelor injured and Griffiths out for Miller.

Can't work out why a guy gets promoted without really doing anything in the 2s and coming off a concussion and 10 minutes of game time last week.

yeah and Nahas to Henderson

Interesting mix up by Dimma and the match committee. Must have been pissed off to the max with last week i guess. So lets see where we are at with all those changes.
If the griff aint ready, which would be red hot with the bookies, i see us copping an almighty arse ripping with Kruezer bagging 6 or 7 and 3 votes.
One thing will save us from the ripping and that is rain. ;)

Just as well you're not on the match committee then;).

The reason i say Griff to Kruzer is height wise and athletically wise, he can match him. Kruzer is yet to hit his straps as well coming off an LTI. I still think we are in for a caning, Blues were embarrassed last week, we were embarrassing last week.
It is simply where the two teams are at (IMO).

No way will big Ben play as a defender, as natural a goal kicker as you can get.

Played last two at CHB in the Burgers. Either way, happy for him to come in. Nothing to lose in this game.

Gourdis being dropped was no surprise; he was woeful last week

Webberley has added not a thing to the side in the last 2 games.

McGuane only kept his spot recently due to the injury to Thursfield.

Happy with the changes to the side but have realistic expectations to the outcome on the weekend.

Probably would've preferred if goo stayed in and thursty out but i guess we need 1 experienced head down back, wish Moore was fit. Looks like we are going after the win bringing in Griff and all.

In: Thursfield Post Griffiths King Helbig
Out Miller Webberley Conca McGuane Gourdis

WOW

This is the biggest inns for a long time and it smacks of one thing... Finals. Cant tell me this isnt a red hot crack of getting back on track. Surprised at Goo, but a bold all round selection and its bloody good.

MT will have the KY out as im typing this:)

Think King and Thursty are the best inclusions. I have always rated Thursty our best defender, he would be behind Rance now but think he is a far better player than the rest.

Can't understand why Helbig in and Tuck not

Think there could be 2 late changes with Batchelor injured and Griffiths out for Miller.

Can't work out why a guy gets promoted without really doing anything in the 2s and coming off a concussion and 10 minutes of game time last week.

I'm with you dude... Can't stand it when the coaching panel says they pick the side on merit or award good performances in the 2s ...then they go and make wholesale changes...
Thursty...WTF? Where has he been for the past 10 weeks? Has he even played consistently well for the 2s or even 3rds?
Fick me... Slops is lucky...and goo unlucky...how does 1 player get weeks to settle in ...play mediocre footy and another ditched after 1 ok game?

Having said all of that, I'm happy to see griff and posty in...let's hope they both get a few games at least to show form

good to see miller gone... Thanks mate for your efforts in first half of season but the experiment is now over

really happy about king being back in the side

think we will get bitch slapped... Too short in the back half...lots of players underdone... Thursty on Waite ....who will go to Gibbs ... Jack needs to fire to give us any chance...and viks ...and king... And griff... And farmer....and slops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back