Mega Thread Richmond vs Carlton - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion Page 10

Please keep us posted.

I'm really disappointed for Gourdis. He must be just about ready to pack it in really, because it just doesn't seem as though he's being given a fair crack. Other than that, good changes. We'll get spanked but it will be a good look at the future, closest thing to our next premiership 22 as we've seen all year. I'm happy enough to see Thursty in the team, think he could do a good blanket job, but Goo would have been a great match up for Walker. Perfect almost. I'm really flat, though not surprised given our reluctance to bring him in in the first place. Most other players would have been given 3-4 weeks at least. But not Gourdis for some reason...

His kicking was crap last week and got caught with the ball on few occasions wasn't a great game.

In: Thursfield Post Griffiths King Helbig
Out Miller Webberley Conca McGuane Gourdis

WOW

This is the biggest inns for a long time and it smacks of one thing... Finals. Cant tell me this isnt a red hot crack of getting back on track. Surprised at Goo, but a bold all round selection and its bloody good.

MT will have the KY out as im typing this:)

Finals?

for all those out there who insist players perform well at coburg and earn their spot. please tell me what the hell has any of the ins done to earn and demand a game in the seniors.

i tell ya what vif griffiths has a bad one will hardwick do a gourdis or post on him.

i suppose one good thing has happened hes finally seen the light and given mcguane the flick talk about favorites.

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Team Discussion

Looks like we are rushing Griffiths back in, which could prove costly. Not happy about this selection.

Getting spanked by 12 goals at Coburg couldn't be much better than playing alongside your 2 future partners in crime in Jack and Vicks for the rest of the year

for all those out there who insist players perform well at coburg and earn their spot. please tell me what the hell has any of the ins done to earn and demand a game in the seniors.

i tell ya what vif griffiths has a bad one will hardwick do a gourdis or post on him.

i suppose one good thing has happened hes finally seen the light and given mcguane the flick talk about favorites.

Post responded reasonably well to being dropped didn't he??

I think resting Conca was def the right move and I'm glad to see some young talls come in for Miller and McGuane....

Still not sure on Farmer, will be interesting to see how he's used..

Very happy about the changes, especially 'winning' Griff in. I remember a few people saying those saying Thursfield in were stupid because he wasn't ready...

Terrific night. Geez Dimma presents well.

Lot of it Chatham House Rules, but happy to respond to specific questions via PM

Remember, the Carlton game is big, but not as big as where we're heading

Griff will play fwd

His kicking was crap last week and got caught with the ball on few occasions wasn't a great game.
No one is suggesting he had a good game. That's not part of what I said.

Please keep us posted.

I'm really disappointed for Gourdis. He must be just about ready to pack it in really, because it just doesn't seem as though he's being given a fair crack. Other than that, good changes. We'll get spanked but it will be a good look at the future, closest thing to our next premiership 22 as we've seen all year. I'm happy enough to see Thursty in the team, think he could do a good blanket job, but Goo would have been a great match up for Walker. Perfect almost. I'm really flat, though not surprised given our reluctance to bring him in in the first place. Most other players would have been given 3-4 weeks at least. But not Gourdis for some reason...

Yep for those that are excited about Gourdis, looks like Damien Hardwick doesnt share your enthusiasm. Bit rough to be scapegoated after one game and is not the type of nurturing that you would expect for a bloke who was in the long term vision of the club. Give him some guaranteed games to at least know he is not playing for his spot in a single game where he is trying to adapt to the extra pace of the higher level.

Once finals is out of the question then it will be interesting to see if he gets back in.

Not to sure where to post this.. can't find a thread to suit it.

However, seeing as 'Push Up' is back this week, I'll post it here, Will get the blood pumping to have him back in the side for Saturday.

Jimmy Brayshaw commentating Richmond games are a 'must listen' to :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]9i1e0m0jZ2E[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am thinking of going to the footy on the weekend with my brother who is a Carltank supporter.

Apparently, it could be wet. Were do you guys recommend we should sit.

We are not in Melbourne so not street wise regarding the ground and kids could be tagging along as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Post responded reasonably well to being dropped didn't he??

I think resting Conca was def the right move and I'm glad to see some young talls come in for Miller and McGuane....

Still not sure on Farmer, will be interesting to see how he's used..

dont get me wrong im happy to see some young talls get a game im just asking the question what the hell has any of them done to earn a game. i say this in relation to gourdis. i ask it in relation to all those who said post cant play gordis cant etc because they have done nothing at coburg where are those posters probably all come on here and sing hardwicks praises about how well hes done in giving younger players a go.

we give favorites games and plenty of them, usually ablock of games but the non favorites like tuck gourdis post are treated differently.

how poor is it when a bloke like tuck continually in our bests at coburg is continually overlooked. we get smashed at clearances week after week we have a clearance player in good form and we ignore him so we can play blokes who are not in form.

it pisses me off we have posters here who come up with all sorts of reasons why dimma, bloody hell dimma they talk as if hes their friend cant give tuck a game or cant give post or gourdis a block of games but will defend dimma to the hilt when he brings in players who have done nothing.
i dont buy into blind faith.

i could understand post for miller i could understand gourdis being given a bloody decent go and retained i can even understand king getting a game. i can understand the changes and go with them but i cant abide hypocrisy.

i dont have a problem with any of the changes apart from gourdis being dropped.

all im doing is making a point to those who have prattled on about players actually performing at coburg before getting a game how the hell do they explain this.

if players are performing badly and we now drop them for players who have done nothing at coburg what is different. talk about inconsistent.
anyway as said in most threads better to play a kid for the experience rather than persevere with a dud whos out of form. couldnt be happier to see miller go as i think hes done his role and vickery has taken over its also good to see mcguane gone not before time.

dont get me wrong im happy to see some young talls get a game im just asking the question what the hell has any of them done to earn a game. i say this in relation to gourdis. i ask it in relation to all those who said post cant play gordis cant etc because they have done nothing at coburg where are those posters probably all come on here and sing hardwicks praises about how well hes done in giving younger players a go.

we give favorites games and plenty of them, usually ablock of games but the non favorites like tuck gourdis post are treated differently.

how poor is it when a bloke like tuck continually in our bests at coburg is continually overlooked. we get smashed at clearances week after week we have a clearance player in good form and we ignore him so we can play blokes who are not in form.

it pisses me off we have posters here who come up with all sorts of reasons why dimma, bloody hell dimma they talk as if hes their friend cant give tuck a game or cant give post or gourdis a block of games but will defend dimma to the hilt when he brings in players who have done nothing.

i could understand post for miller i could understand gourdis being given a bloody decent go and retained i can even understand king getting a game. i can understand the changes and go with them but i cant abide hypocrisy.

all im doing is making a point to those who have prattled on about players actually performing at coburg before getting a game how the hell do they explain this.

if players are performing badly and we now drop them for players who have done nothing at coburg what is different. talk about inconsistent.
anyway as said in most threads better to play a kid for the experience rather than persevere with a dud whos out of form. couldnt be happier to see miller go as i think hes done his role and vickery has taken over its also good to see mcguane gone not before time.

Yeah I'm not gonna disagree with any of that....

Whilst I thought Goo was fairly ordinary (the weak shep was the only thing that really really annoyed me) I'd still prefer to have seen him in for a decent block of games..

I'm wondering whether or not big Griff has been brought back in too soon.. To me, leaving Goo in and not playing Griff still leaves us tall enough with Post or Goo as possibles to go forward.. Not that I'm against Griff in any way, I just wonder if he's got enough of the footy with the burgers to prepare him for a good return to AFL..

As for Tuck, well Im def in the group that thinks that he still has plenty to offer the side. He can't do much more for Coburg I wouldn't have thought and the team is screaming out for someone who does what he does.. Is his age one of the factors? Or is it the defensive side of his game? I'd love to get a good honest answer as to why he can't get a berth....

Who should be dropped for Tuck to get a game? Please don't say the usual suspects like Nahas or Edwards because they don't play the role Tuck would play. For Tuck to play he pretty much has to take the spot of Cotchin Martin Foley or Jackson. Of those Jackson is the vulnerable one and after last weeks effort would want to extract the digit in the next couple of weeks especially if Tuck keeps performing, as eventually weight of performance should see him be rewarded with another shot.

Hope we win the game with our ins. I'd like to watch the game on the plane, would be awesome to get a win.
If Griffiths kicks a bag, i'll laugh my ass off.

dont get me wrong im happy to see some young talls get a game im just asking the question what the hell has any of them done to earn a game.

PMSL... Post after post after post you sook and moan at how bad our team is, and question how players get games and how they should be sacked at the years end, now we have made some changes and you are again whining that they dont deserve a game. Any chance you can be a little consistent and make up your mind:confused:

Whos the sub?
Won't be announced til an hour or so before the bounce.
Surely griff gets the third defender. Thornton? Yes please
Griff should be able to dominate whoever he gets as a 3rd tall. He will tower over White, Laidler and Thornton. Given their best defender will go to Jack, it's a huge asset for us going in with Vickery and Griffiths close to 200cm, and both incredibly agile. Very excited to see how this 3 pronger works :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back