Richmond Vs Carlton round 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Us Vs Them round 1 2011

Yes well, nothing dignified about finishing outside the 8 all the time. At least carlton have given us many more good memories than bad. Can't say the same for you poor things. I honestly feel sorry for yas.

COOL STORY BRO, PITY THE FACTS ROLL OUT LIKE THIS:

For the record:-
2002 season last.
2003 season 15th.
2004 season 11th.
2005 season last.
2006 season last.
2007 season 15th.
2008 season 11th.

So perhaps you should change your name to YARN 13 – at least it would reflect the true content of your posts, nothing but ****-and-bull stories.

(love ya work SA TIGER :thumbsu:)

What Yarran doesn't realise is that if we get up, the ledger will be 2-3 (or 2-2) in the last three years. So their domination isn't quite what they'd like to believe. Yarran obviously hasn't been following footy long or he'd realise he's been supporting the worst performing club of the last decade.
I agree with Cogga, they are quietly shitting themselves about what will happen if we get up.

Re: Richmond v Carltank round 1 2011

I loved this from Mike Sheahan in todays HUN on the Tanking bastards.

Ratten's three full years as coach (2008-10) have produced an even split: 34 wins, 34 losses. We have ignored his first six games late in 2007, for his job then was to lose games rather than win so as to preserve the club's hold on the No.1 priority draft pick Matthew Kreuzer.

Also the mods need to change the thread title back to Richmond v Carlton as the current one sucks.

Also the mods need to change the thread title back to Richmond v Carlton as the current one sucks.

I think you're a bit confused, this thread is an entirely different one to the Richmond v Carlton RD1 Thread. :D

By Round 1 we'll be primed for an assault on Carlton. With Astbury holding down CHB, Post looking good at CHF the rest will take care of itself :cool:

haha you guys are great. Richmond won't get within 6 goals. The hate is mutual. Ratten won't be gone. We WILL make at least top 6 and win a final. Richmond will be bottom 4 again. :D But I do admire the passion. Keep it up.

I shouldn't bite, but hey..... You guys are one Judd injury away from bottom 4.
Who's going to kick your goals? O'halpin? Ha ha ha ha ha.........

Danger game for us. I think Richmond have been really working hard over the pre-season to get off to a good start, especially round1. Richmond's weakness is ruck and key position forwards. Warnock and Jamison are the keys to this game. Win hitouts to advantage and give our midfield first use and stop Nick's cousin (hehe) and game goes a long way towards Carlton win. Break even in the ruck and Jack does well against Jamo and game goes Richmond's way. Looking forward to the contest to see how both sides go. This will setup the season for Richmond imho.

I think it's pretty obvious that Carlton should be shit scared of losing to the Tigers. When they are that far advanced compared to the 15th placed tigers anything but a 6-7goal + win will be totally unacceptable and a loss incomprehensible!

Much egg on their faces if they lose just like the massive giant eggs on the Tigets faces after round 1 2009 - a season derailed after just one quarter

Here I was thinking Terry Wallace was an idiot. How wrong was I. He has hit the nail smack bang on the head with this observation.

An grab from today’s HUN. I bet the Tankers board is giving it to him big time over this.

But Wallace said the list did not have enough quality to win that many games.
He said the decision to give away early picks for Chris Judd, Robert Warnock and Brock McLean had shortened the Blues' premiership window dramatically...

"Where I see (the Blues) in the next 18 months is if they don't do extremely well, they will go backwards rather than forwards," he said.
"They have gone out and traded a first-round pick for Brock McLean and traded reasonable picks for Robert Warnock and they did the Judd deal, which they had to, but it cost them Josh Kennedy and a first-round pick.

"They have traded off a lot of potential next-generation great players who could have come through with (Matt) Kreuzer and (Marc) Murphy and (Bryce) Gibbs for now, and they have a lot of 27-year-olds like Judd and (Jarrad) Waite and (Setanta) O'hAilpin and a few over that like Heath Scotland.

"I reckon they have only got two years. When blokes get to 29, they don't get better."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...carltons-quality/story-e6frf9jf-1226002425159

Here I was thinking Terry Wallace was an idiot. How wrong was I. He has hit the nail smack bang on the head with this observation.

An grab from today’s HUN. I bet the Tankers board is giving it to him big time over this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...carltons-quality/story-e6frf9jf-1226002425159

Please tell me you're not really using this mental midget's quotes to have a go at the Blues. I mean, Wallet is really not the best source of advice on list management now is he? I'm surprised he had the gall to even comment. Just proves how self obsessed the delusional little twit is.

Please tell me you're not really using this mental midget's quotes to have a go at the Blues. I mean, Wallet is really not the best source of advice on list management now is he? I'm surprised he had the gall to even comment. Just proves how self obsessed the delusional little twit is.

He is saying what a lot of non Carlton supports have been saying. And yes Wallace is a spud and his list management with us was appalling, but on this occasion he is spot on.

And on the “ I'm surprised he had the gall to even comment“ Well he isn’t the first and certainly wont be the last crap failed coach who is paid to provide comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is saying what a lot of non Carlton supports have been saying. And yes Wallace is a spud and his list management with us was appalling, but on this occasion he is spot on.

And on the “ I'm surprised he had the gall to even comment“ Well he isn’t the first and certainly wont be the last crap failed coach who is paid to provide comments.

Plenty of other ways to make this argument. Every time I hear Walls' uninformed dribble of commentary I have a fit, and usually end up yelling at the TV. Now it looks like I'll have to put up with Wallet as well.

What can I say? I have been scarred for life and loath the guy :D.

***Breaths deeply. Practices relaxation techniques.***

Plenty of other ways to make this argument. Every time I hear Walls' uninformed dribble of commentary I have a fit, and usually end up yelling at the TV. Now it looks like I'll have to put up with Wallet as well.

What can I say? I have been scarred for life and loath the guy :D.

***Breaths deeply. Practices relaxation techniques.***

Interesting to note that Wallace failed to mention the Fevola deal, which netted us Lachie Henderson (20 years old) and replaced the first round selection we gave Melbourne for Brock McLean and netted Kane Lucas.

The Warnock query is an interesting one, given we only traded a second round selection and another late pick for what could be a very astute decision. Warnock has only just completed his first full preseason, and looks like having a break out season in 2011.

McLean, well maybe we jumped the gun on that one. We'll re-evaluate that at seasons end.

And I can't believe he would query the Judd deal.

Interesting to note that Wallace failed to mention the Fevola deal, which netted us Lachie Henderson (20 years old) and replaced the first round selection we gave Melbourne for Brock McLean and netted Kane Lucas.

The Warnock query is an interesting one, given we only traded a second round selection and another late pick for what could be a very astute decision. Warnock has only just completed his first full preseason, and looks like having a break out season in 2011.

McLean, well maybe we jumped the gun on that one. We'll re-evaluate that at seasons end.

And I can't believe he would query the Judd deal.
You would only query it if you don't think the Blues will win a flag with Juddy, which many don't. Terry obviously thinks you need to win one in the next two years, or the door will be shut. If you still had Kennedy, and kept pick 3 back in 2007, and kept pick 11 instead of giving it up for McLean, you're window wouldn't be open for at least another season ore two, but your chances of winning a flag may have been greater than they are now.

You would only query it if you don't think the Blues will win a flag with Juddy, which many don't. Terry obviously thinks you need to win one in the next two years, or the door will be shut. If you still had Kennedy, and kept pick 3 back in 2007, and kept pick 11 instead of giving it up for McLean, you're window wouldn't be open for at least another season ore two, but your chances of winning a flag may have been greater than they are now.
IMHO I think the recruitment of Judd was just as much for his off-field influence as it was his on-field.

But I agree with you re: window being open without Judd.

Well its highly unlikely you will win a flag with Judd, as the rest of you list is light on for quality apart from about half a dozen or so.

No doubt Judd is important, as was demonstrated in the final vs Sydney last year. Given that he's still only 27, and the way he looks after his body, suspect he's got at least 4-5 good seasons left in him.

No doubt Judd is important, as was demonstrated in the final vs Sydney last year. Given that he's still only 27, and the way he looks after his body, suspect he's got at least 4-5 good seasons left in him.

Wallet's comments seem to be based on his assumption that Judd will be no good come turning 29 - a pretty big leap of the imagination on his part I'd say (even given Judd's history of injuries).

Wallet's comments seem to be based on his assumption that Judd will be no good come turning 29 - a pretty big leap of the imagination on his part I'd say (even given Judd's history of injuries).
No it wasn't, it was based on his opinion that by 29 Judd won't be getting any better, not no good at all.

No it wasn't, it was based on his opinion that by 29 Judd won't be getting any better, not no good at all.

I stand corrected. However if Judd can retain his form till 30/31 then he will expand their 'premiership window' well beyond the 18 months that Wallet laughably suggested.

I stand corrected. However if Judd can retain his form till 30/31 then he will expand their 'premiership window' well beyond the 18 months that Wallet laughably suggested.
Absolutely it will. That's the bit that's in doubt though, can he actually do that? They really do need McLean to come good so Judd can get some respite from the beating he cops most games.

Wallace's article is nothing short of delusional , he never coached Richmond to within a 2 year window of the top 8. His comments on players over the age of 29 are just embarrassing considering the nucleus of his best ever Richmond side was Troy Simmonds , Joel Bowden , Kane Johnston , Nathan Brown , Richo and he also recruited Mark Graham at 31 and Ben Cousins.

How can Carlton only have a 2 year window when they have 10 first round draft picks in their best 22. Especially with free agency on the cards and we all know how they like to spend even when they are not allowed.

Wallace is a toss and a total embarrassment to himself and the RFC. Please please please can he now be refered to as the former Bulldogs Coach not Richmond. We've had our turn and he has no association with our club what so ever and I wish he would keep his mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back