VFL Round 21 v Carlton VFL, Sunday August 18, 11:05am AEST, IKON Park

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a hard watch, Thought Rioli & Dow were our best. Happy to see Fawcett get some game time after a horror start to his year, also good to see the big OHB do some good things during the game. El Nour was better 2nd half as his 1st half was really bad. Cumbo did some good things only to be overshadowed with his bad things. Ryan needs to get into the gym & spend all of the summer on marking & fitness, as he is not even good enough at VFL level at the moment.

MRJ excellent

Davo was good in the last…lots of energy

Have to credit Cumbo for a solid grab and goal to put us in front in the last

Dow and Sonsie good
Sonsie was crap.
Couldn't hit a side of a barn.

If Maurice stopped being a fat campaigner this rebuild would speed up. Speedy, powerful mid yes please.
And this is the crux of it. He finds form at the end of the season, but if comes back to preseason in the same condition as the last couple of years its going to be a rinse and repeat.

Hope he has worked out the discipline required to be an AFL player. He could be a significant part of our 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought once sonz clocked that bloke last year he finally had some fire, boy I was mistaken

That was a hard watch, Thought Rioli & Dow were our best. Happy to see Fawcett get some game time after a horror start to his year, also good to see the big OHB do some good things during the game. El Nour was better 2nd half as his 1st half was really bad. Cumbo did some good things only to be overshadowed with his bad things. Ryan needs to get into the gym & spend all of the summer on marking & fitness, as he is not even good enough at VFL level at the moment.
Made the trip out to Ikon ... lovely sitting in the sun ... really appreciated Cumberland keeping it interesting lol

MRJ, Davison and Fawcett instrumental in the last ... Liam's run providing 50+m leads to create an option or have a contest were impressive as well as his voice ... he was the most vocal when we got down

We are probably too tall with Ryan, OHB, Brindley, Fawcett and May and definitely too tall if Blight comes back into this side next week .... but a real good win without Joel Garner in the side.

All AFL players available for next week's match at Williamstown ... let's hope for the weather to be still and sunny

Get Travaglia
. Sometimes you’ve just got to appreciate consistency.
Maybe he doesn’t quite have the same tricks as some of the other highly touted prospects, but he does everything well and does it consistently.
There’s not much downside to this kid at the worst you are getting a super competitive hbf that’ll play at a Nic Vlastuin level week in week out,
or you might snag a guy with some extra size that can be a hard running A grade midfielder

Bye bye Cumbo
Hard to disagree…. Also Sonsie did some nice things and then picked out an opposition player a number of times to finish off his work…

So would you prefer him not to kick two goals and give three goals off? I’m surprised he isn’t on fire after being burnt all game by his team mates! I was at the game and you can clearly see his frustration

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it because they may not trust him? Or another reason?

So would you prefer him not to kick two goals and give three goals off? I’m surprised he isn’t on fire after being burnt all game by his team mates! I was at the game and you can clearly see his frustration

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He probably gets missed due tonot running to where he should be cos he struggles to follow the game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Round 21 v Carlton VFL, Sunday August 18, 11:05am AEST, IKON Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back