Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James

Cancelled
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 8, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gotta be close.

Both teams have been playing with an exuberance you only get from having a slew of youngsters all busting their gut to cement a spot. It would be foolish to suggest these teams actually rely on their youngsters to win games, but have a look at the names of some of the young guns playing tomorrow night:

Raines, Polo, Deledio, Schultz, McLean, Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Bartram, Johnson. . . and more.

Regardless of results, at the very least I predict we'll see some very exciting young players going in hard for the footy with little regard for their safety.

Apologies to Brisbane who certainly have a great batch of youngin's comin' through as well.

bring on friday night!

both sides have youngsters that possess the ability and are not afraid to play with confidence or even a hint of arrogance

rick James said:
Gotta be close.

Both teams have been playing with an exuberance you only get from having a slew of youngsters all busting their gut to cement a spot. It would be foolish to suggest these teams actually rely on their youngsters to win games, but have a look at the names of some of the young guns playing tomorrow night:

Raines, Polo, Deledio, Schultz, McLean, Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Bartram, Johnson. . . and more.

Regardless of results, at the very least I predict we'll see some very exciting young players going in hard for the footy with little regard for their safety.

Apologies to Brisbane who certainly have a great batch of youngin's comin' through as well.

rj, u finally posted something unbiased and decent:thumbsu:

rick James said:
Gotta be close.

RJ??? Is that really you??? It can't be. This is too smart and sensible a post.

• Banned
m.diddy said:
Just wait till someone disagrees, then we'll see the usual RJ.

Yeah you would say that, because I had my way with your sister. :)

rick James said:
Gotta be close.

should be a cracker of a game, shame one clubs bubble will burst.....good for the pies tho

tempted to roll on into the g for this one, ng brown to run amok........yet bruce will lead the dees to victory

ill disagree, i think richmond have a great young list, but the dees, while they have some great young players their best players are mostly older.

neitz, mcdonald, yze, robbo, white, bruce.

rick James said:
Gotta be close.

Looking forward to the game and thankful I don't have to watch Essendon again on Friday night football.

wires on fire. said:
ill disagree, i think richmond have a great young list, but the dees, while they have some great young players their best players are mostly older.

Richmond's best players are older too, doesn't detract from the younger players at all. People just always assume to have good youngsters you have to be a crap team.

wires on fire. said:

Every clubs best players are older:

Richo, Brown, Johnson, Kellaway, J Bowden, Simmonds, Gaspar,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wires on fire. said:
gaspar...haha.

Been All Australian a few times, no?

Thanks to his knee injuries he is not in the class of a Scarlett or Rutten anymore but at his best was a pretty handy footballer. Still offers alot in that full back postion.

Is like gold for a Thurfeild or McGaune type to learn from.

ok then, well richmond have better young players in my opinion.

Can't argue with that. ;)

itsintheblood said:
Is that the one where your 2004 no4 pick wants to leave?

your right the 2004 no 4 pick is hopeless and nobody should have drafted him and any team he plays for would have to be a rabble.

I thought St.Kilda had the best young list. No, no,its Hawthorn,no the Dogs, oh sh*t no its Geelong,West Coast,Adelaide,Port, I give up, I don't know anymore.

Catnip said:
Looking forward to the game and thankful I don't have to watch Essendon again on Friday night football.

Catnip... I could not agree with you more! I'm so sick of watching Essendon ruining Friday nights for all.

Melbourne has the fourth oldest list after Adelaide, Saints and Freo. And they have the most players of all teams aged 25+. They have 18 as opposed to Richmond's 12. It is a fallacy that Melbourne are a young team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back