Unofficial Preview Richmond vs North - First of 3 Practice Games

During which quarter do we decide to Sack Dimma Marley?

• 1st

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 3rd

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 5th

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • After he breaks the 2 puff max rule before passing it on

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • When he pulls out the Ruby chop to mix with his Spiff

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah you couldn't do it. For a start you'd be too:

a) Accurate. To be a footy journo you need to be first with the story, not accurate. After all there's no recriminations for being totally wrong, which they mostly are. You'd probably be correct most of the time but who gives a s**t about that ?

b) Smart. Footy journos aren't smart, in fact you have to be pretty ******* stupid to be wrong so often, but hey they were first with the story right. That's what people remember. Perhaps also you didn't go to a fine, expensive school full of similar twerps. You're too smart man.

C) Nice. You'd be way too nice to be a footy journo. Every body knows that you have to be a complete uncaring A hole to be a footy journo. In fact you don't even need to know how to play footy, or have ever actually played the game to excoriate very good footballer's and even out and out champions on a regular basis. Even destroying the careers of some players that they're not fit to tie the shoelaces of. As long as they're first with the story is all that matters.

d) Healthy. You're probably just not fat and lazy and angry enough to be a footy journo dude. After all, you probably have a good life balance, eat well, exercise, meditate and have respectful relationships where you put in an effort. Footy journos don't do that s*t. They eat dim sims and chiko rolls and burgers, they burn people along the "journey" despite rarely leaving the office, they scroll big footy to get their stories and as mentioned, rarely leave the office in case an actual football player who they destroyed in print (but hey they were first with the story!) is waiting in a side alley next to their building to beat their head in with a claw hammer. Get in the ****** queue I say !

(*Except for that AFL reporter up in n Qld reporting on the Suns who trained with them and run up the hill during pre season. He isn't lazy. But that probably makes him a relatively s**t footy journo by comparison. I doubt he's ever first with the story, probably wasting all his deadline time trying to check sources and be accurate the idiot).

e) Happy. I reckon you're too happy to be a footy journo. Everyone knows you need to be a cynical, unhappy, angry prick to be a footy journo. Particularly, you have to hate the "$tate of the Game". Footy journos hate football. They are constantly bemoaning that there aren't enough goals and there's too much defence. Footy journos whinge and bleat and sook that the game needs more complicated, un-thought-out and untrialled rules and needs to be constantly changing with no deference to tradition, customs and the unique individual skills and beauty of our Indigenous Australian game. Footy journos hate that s**t. They suffer from cultural cringe and can't stand anything uniquely Australian in sport. Footy journos actually love American sports where the players wear 'jerseys' and have 'footwear' with 'cleats' and make $100 million dollars a year to act like complete A holes when the camera is on them. That's what Aussie footy needs. More A holes right ?

So mate, whilst you reckon you could do it, I think you're too nice a person, too motivated, fit, healthy, non cynical and happy with the state of the game - funny me too because there's actually enough goals scored already and hey, most of the really good games are low scoring, high drama type games anyway. Just sayin'.

In fact, why do we need footy journos anyway. They're basically a cancerous blight on the game like circling piranhas in a bucket of water with a hole in it. That's the A hole I spoke about earlier.

You're too nice. Too good a bloke and you actually like the game the way it was. Dude, you couldn't be a footy journo. I'm afraid you're just not qualified.
I won’t go changing my career yet then

Do we know if he's much good at footy though? He seems just okay so far. Not as excited about him as Essendon prob would be about Harrison Jones.
He has been rucking and forward and has decent marking ability

what I was concerned about was his body type and would it stay lean and lanky meaning physically he would be limited a bit like David Burke displayed courage twice the size that his body could handle, but Samson even with his haircut appears to be maturing into a more powerful body.

Seth Campbell really was the biggest surprise packet out of the game for me, like I know he only played 2/3 periods and mostly in the VFL lineup, no point getting too carried away but I really liked his decision making lurking around the HFF.
Thought Ryan looked very good , keen to see how he goes v Melb another good performance and I’d have him in before mad dog miller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Richmond vs North - First of 3 Practice Games

Back