Richo out for 10 weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richo out for 10 weeks?!

No he deserves the same farewell as Shane Crawford had, a Premiership medallion around his neck.
Quoted for truth.

Am absolutely gutted for the man, the positive is that he is looking to play on next year, which I was worried about coming into this season.

Come on boys, the time to step up is now.

LOL at people saying put Cleve in and make him or he will step up, wake up and realise he can't step up because he is shit. He is playing Coburg 2's FFS.

ahhhummm dude....that litmus test was passed back in 95, when all the tigerheads said we were ****ed, when he did the knee in Sydney early on in the year. ;)

Yeah time for Maxwell,Rogers,Knights and Jurica to pick up the slack against Brisbane. We know they can do it.

OK Wallace and Tigers, time to pay your dues to Richo and let him play again this year.

I was at the game on Sunday vs Swans and Graham can play FF. We have Brown, Cousin, Cotchin, Simmonds and Raines all ready to rock in roll... that's plenty of talent, so FFS just pull your fingers out and play with Richo's heart. Even if some of you play with 50% of his heart, HAVE A GO FOR RICHO!!

If Richo retires this year becasue you gutless pieces of usless crap can not pull together a few wins, then that's the biggest disgrace in football.
have to agree. the least we can do is give him finals this year.

Today was the first time i had a tear in my eye for the big fella.....
so devestated about his injury. He needs to have 1 more year to reach the 300.....A guy like this deserves to get there.
NO OTHER OPTIONS......No matter which coach comes next year..

Life is strange with many twists and turns.

Richo has never win a flag and in all likelihood never will. However he has won the respect and affection of the best fans in footy......how many forgotten premiership winners would swap the flag to be a lifelong hero of the Tiger Army? I know I would. Passing glory for a lifetime of regard and affection.

Go Richo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant help but think this will be one of those strange quirks of fate that will in fact benefit this group of players...

Have to agree somewhat. It will be interesting to see how the mind-set of the playing group changes. Their spiritual leader wont be our there with them, so individually will they lift a notch or two? Will this be the birth of a new and exciting playing group that the so called experts had predicted would climb the ladder? Will Jack really step up now, and Schulz finally produce the goods? Such rotten luck for a great champ, but whats done is done and I think this might be a (tragic) blessing in disguise. Can’t wait for Saturday’s game.

Something to think about regarding Richos time at the club:

Without Richo Richmond have played 75 games for 38 wins = 51.3% of the time we win.
With Richo Richmond have played 282 games for 117 wins = 41.5% of the time we win.

Happens often, teams that play without their star want to prove people wrong that they can win without that teammate. Of course probably a quarter of those games missed are from the same season where we made the prelims which would skew the percentage, let alone the opponents and their status when we played them and how our own form was at the time.

Also, especially often in the NBA, when teams are written off because their star is out, and everyone finds something because they want to prove they are not reliant on that one man, and they win.

So while there may be something there as a surface stat it's pretty meaningless, imo, and doesn't prove we are better not to have Richo.

Statistics. More Statistics. Lies. More Lies. etc.

Something to think about regarding Richos time at the club:

Without Richo Richmond have played 75 games for 38 wins = 51.3% of the time we win.
With Richo Richmond have played 282 games for 117 wins = 41.5% of the time we lose.
RT, you're a bit mixed up here mate.

117 wins from 282 games is 41.5% of the time we win, not lose. We've lost 58.5% of the time with Richo playing.

38 wins from 75 games is 50.67% of the time we win, and lose 49.33% of the time without Richo playing.

Either way, we win more when Richo isn't playing. As I said in another thread, watch us win 8 out of the next 10.

So the statistics are wrong? Facts are they are not and we play like a better side without him, has been like that for a fair few years now. What I notice too is instead of playing like a team of individuals when he's in the side when he's out they play a much more team oriented style of play.

Happens often, teams that play without their star want to prove people wrong that they can win without that teammate. Of course probably a quarter of those games missed are from the same season where we made the prelims which would skew the percentage, let alone the opponents and their status when we played them and how our own form was at the time.

Also, especially often in the NBA, when teams are written off because their star is out, and everyone finds something because they want to prove they are not reliant on that one man, and they win.

So while there may be something there as a surface stat it's pretty meaningless, imo, and doesn't prove we are better not to have Richo.

Thought it would be worth breaking it down so people can see when we were poor and when we were good. To see if there is any real meaning to it.

1993 finished 14th 4-16. Richo debuted round 7 missed 1 game, 0-1. Played 15 3-12.
1994 finished 9th 12-10. Richo missed 3 games, 2-1. Played 19 10-9 record.
1995 finished 3rd 16-1-8. Richo missed 16 games, 8-8. Played 9 games 8-1-0.
1996 Finished 9th 11-11 record. Richo played every game.
1997 finished 13th 10-12. Richo missed 3 games, 1-2. Played 19 games 9-10 record.
1998 finished 9th 12-10. Richo missed 6 games, 4-2. Played 16 8-8 record.
1999 finished 12th 9-13. Richo missed 2 games, 1-1. Played 20 8-12 record.
2000 finished 9th 11-11. Richo missed 19 games, 10-9. Played 3 1-2 record.
2001 finished 4th 16-9. Richo missed 3 games, 2-1. Played 22 14-8 record.
2002 finished 14th 7-15. Richo missed 9 games, 3-6. Played 13 4-9 record.
2003 finished 13th 7-15. Richo missed 3 games, 2-1. Played 19 5-14 record.
2004 finished 16th 4-18. Richo missed 4 games, 1-3. Played 18 3-15 record.
2005 finished 12th 10-12. Played every game.
2006 finished 9th 11-11. Richo missed 4 games, 2-2. Played 18 9-9 record.
2007 finished 16th 3-1-18. Richo played ever game.
2008 finished 9th 11-1-10. Richo missed 2 games, 2-0. Played 20 games 9-1-10 record.
2009: Played 6 games 1-5 record.

Total:
Without Richo 75 games 38-36 win loss record.
With Richo 282 games 116 wins 2 draws 164 losses

In the seasons when we've been in contention for and/or made the finals, i.e. 9th or better. 30-23 from 53 games Richo has missed. 56.7% winning record.
In the games Richo played: 129 games 68 wins 59 losses 2 draws 52.5% winning record.

In seasons when we've been out of contention. 8-14 from 22 games Richo has missed. 36.5% winning record. In the games Richo played: 153 games 46 wins 106 losses 1 draw. Winning record 30%

I'll let people draw their own conclusions from those numbers.

Exactly, we were a great side in 1995 with or without Richo and thats where the many of the "wins" without Richo came from. In fact we only lost 1 game in '95 with Richo as Ruthless Tiger points out. Similar in 2000 where we were a good side but just through bad luck Richo missed out again, actually we may have made the finals in 2000 as we did with Richo in 2001 if he'd been there for the majority of the '00 season. We'll never know..

What we do know is that Richo has played a huge part in many of our wins since '95, kicking 800 goals kind of does that, not to mention everything else he does.

I feel this year similar to what happened in 1995 and 2000 could happen.. even before the season I was saying we have a real tough start but it does get easier so we may get on a roll for the rest of the season and again it will be without Richo but that will have nothing to do with Richo not being there.

I understand the arguments about how our forward line with Richo doesn't work well these days given the style of footy played which as well as wanting to develop new younger players is why Richo was moved out of there, but he is still a great player in the midfield and would only improve our side were he to come back in and play that position, not hurt it.

Exactly, we were a great side in 1995 with or without Richo and thats where the many of the "wins" without Richo came from. In fact we only lost 1 game in '95 with Richo as Ruthless Tiger points out. Similar in 2000 where we were a good side but just through bad luck Richo missed out again, actually we may have made the finals in 2000 as we did with Richo in 2001 if he'd been there for the majority of the '00 season. We'll never know..

What we do know is that Richo has played a huge part in many of our wins since '95, kicking 800 goals kind of does that, not to mention everything else he does.

I feel this year similar to what happened in 1995 and 2000 could happen.. even before the season I was saying we have a real tough start but it does get easier so we may get on a roll for the rest of the season and again it will be without Richo but that will have nothing to do with Richo not being there.

I understand the arguments about how our forward line with Richo doesn't work well these days given the style of footy played which as well as wanting to develop new younger players is why Richo was moved out of there, but he is still a great player in the midfield and would only improve our side were he to come back in and play that position, not hurt it.
great call

all richo haters are flogs. i was spewing he just missed out on the brownlow last year.

by all reports the most down to earth bloke going around. fingers crossed this isn't the end for the great man. come back soon richo.

richo = superstar!

I think maybe they're making the same mistake they made with Buckley in his last couple of years. I.e they're playing him a lot in midfield which is a lot harder on the legs.

both Buckley and he should be (have been) kept up forward to reduce the strain on hammies and other tissue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo out for 10 weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back