Riewoldt V Tredrea

Remove this Banner Ad

The arrogant blond one.

He showed in the Melbourne game that he'd be a fair chance of kicking 100 goals a season without Gehrig there. As it is, he gets through a mountain of work up the ground and still kills the opposition on the scoreboard.

Riewoldt now, and any time for the remainder of their careers.

BTW that Tredrea 4 time AA thing is a cop out - the best CHF's in the game since the nineties - Carey, Grant, etc were all pretty much past their best by 2001. Gun player, top 10 in the league, but i still reckon he's been over-rated in the course of his career due to the lack of other dominant CHF's in the game in the meantime.

MarkT said:
Now riccardo, really, the goal kicking record? The one only equalled by Hudson in a grand final after having an entire team and goal kicking plan designed for him to kick goals?

I'd love to have Riewoldt in my side (and Tredrea for that matter) but to even say he would have kicked more goals than Gehrig, let alone the record is a huge stretch and that's given the same level of opposition attention as he had rather than any more.

Maybe GT can revolutionise footy again. Take out Gehrig, take out Hamil play Kosi in tne ruck and have the first 200 goal full forward. As they say in the Guiness adds "BRILLIANT!"

I think that the record is unlikely to ever be broken unless the game becomes attacking again like it was in the 80's and early 90's. Too defensive now, someone can win the Coleman with 90 goals as opposed to 120 10 years ago. Defenses win flags, not offences. Geelong proved this by putting together the best forward line of all time (only team to kick over 3000pts in a season and record score for a game), and coming away with 0 flags.

As for Tredrea vs Riewolt, Tredrea at this stage but Riewolt is younger and may turn out to be better. Wouldn't mind either at the Cats though :D

Yze_Magic said:
From a neutral persepective

I wouldnt hesitate in taking Tredrea

bigger impact on games, better leader, better mark, better player
hahahahahaha better mark :D Yze mate whatever you are on tonight share it around. at least you could have put a smiley after that remark.
I concede you are a funny guy but maaaaaate.

Porthos said:
If you didn't have Gehrig, Riewoldt would've been double or tripled teamed all year.
That is the part that always gets omitted whenever there is a discussion about Tredrea on BF.
Given the fact that he has always been double and triple teamed since Cummings departure, it's amazing he's achieved what he has to date.
Would Brown and Riewoldt achieve as much as Tredrea given the same conditions?
Probably not. One is not smart enough, and the other not strong enough yet.

PAfolwr said:
That is the part that always gets omitted whenever there is a discussion about Tredrea on BF.
Given the fact that he has always been double and triple teamed since Cummings departure, it's amazing he's achieved what he has to date.
Would Brown and Riewoldt achieve as much as Tredrea given the same conditions?
Probably not. One is not smart enough, and the other not strong enough yet.
does Tredrea move up the ground as much as Reiwoldt? It is hard to triple team a guy as mobile as Reiwoldt, he is an athlete.
probably why it hasn't been brought up much on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fireman said:
does Tredrea move up the ground as much as Reiwoldt?

Apart from this year, Tredrea moved up and stayed up the ground just as much if not more than Riewoldt. Everyone said it was his biggest fault that he played too far up the ground and didnt kick enough goals. Now he was told to play back, he kicks 80 goals and everyone says he doesnt move around enough.

Cant win!

Riewoldt is a more versatile player than Tredrea. At this stage of his career though I wouldn't say he is a better CHF.

It suits our game plan for Roo to play the way he does. If Tredrea had a dominant full forward in his forward line, he would also need to play a different game. It suits him and their forward setup to be the primary marking target up forward.

With Gehrig at full-forward, I'd prefer Riewoldt at CHF. Without Gehrig, I'd prefer Tredrea at CHF (or Nick to play CHF the way he does).

Given a choice between the two, I'd pick Riewoldt any day of the week due to his overall football skills and versatility.

Macca19 said:
Apart from this year, Tredrea moved up and stayed up the ground just as much if not more than Riewoldt. Everyone said it was his biggest fault that he played too far up the ground and didnt kick enough goals. Now he was told to play back, he kicks 80 goals and everyone says he doesnt move around enough.

Cant win!
fair comment.
Would luv both in a team.

If I could chose one or the other it would be Riewolt.

Thus being said Tredrea is a very good player but Riewolt is

a. younger
b. much better kick for goal
c. much more agile

riccardo said:
That would've made it different from this year........how?

He often gets double and triple teamed by opposition defences.
There is a vast difference between often and always.

Porthos said:
If you didn't have Gehrig, Riewoldt would've been double or tripled teamed all year.

In the two games Gehrig missed Riewoldt had 26 kicks, took 21 marks and kicked 14 goals.

To put that in to perspective, other than those 2 games he's only kicked more than 5 twice, the week after starting at full forward v Essendon, and when Melbourne decided Cameron Bruce was a good match up.

I'll keep Tredrea and a FLAG!

You keep Reiwoldt and no flags and none likely either.

Its all about team balance, strategy, game planning, leadership etc...

Tredrea plays the team game and nothing else.

Riwoldt can have the title of best but will he have a flag???

Falchoon said:
In the two games Gehrig missed Riewoldt had 26 kicks, took 21 marks and kicked 14 goals.
Cool, who were they against?

To put that in to perspective, other than those 2 games he's only kicked more than 5 twice, the week after starting at full forward v Essendon, and when Melbourne decided Cameron Bruce was a good match up.
Wasn't that Melbourne match the one quoted earlier in this thread as showing why Riewoldt would be an amazing full forward?

Silverballs said:
I'll keep Tredrea and a FLAG!

You keep Reiwoldt and no flags and none likely either.

Its all about team balance, strategy, game planning, leadership etc...

Tredrea plays the team game and nothing else.

Riwoldt can have the title of best but will he have a flag???
you have a great future here on BF Silverballs with stupid inane comments like that one.
the question who is the better player. back to school matey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt V Tredrea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back