Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold on to what salary? He gets paid regardless of if it's announced or not.
I'm happy for the club to extend him. We have other tall forwards like Mac Andrew getting offers like 1.5m for 8 years, and then we have a loyal kid every bit as good, who isn't going to get paid that much. All for it.

He signed a few months back and then again yesterday he signs an extension. I was having a go at the list management for having no idea what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He signed a few months back and then again yesterday he signs an extension. I was having a go at the list management for having no idea what they are doing.

Did he sign an extension earlier this season?

He came to the club in the 2020 draft and was signed till end of 2022. Midway through 2021 - he signed a 3 year extension tying him to the club until the end of 2025... We have now extended him again until 2028 which is when he will be a restricted free agent.

Not sure how anyone can be critical of locking up TT for another 3 seasons.

This is what was reported previously, on July 24

CROWS TO GO LONG-TERM ON GUN FORWARD

ADELAIDE has offered Riley Thilthorpe a new contract that will lock the young key forward in at the Crows until he becomes a free agent in 2028.

The Crows are currently working on a three-year extension with the 2020 No.2 pick and are hoping to finalise the deal in the coming weeks.

Thilthorpe signed a three-year deal halfway through his first season in 2021 that doesn't expire until the end of next season.

But after making a successful return from pre-season knee surgery across the past fortnight, Thilthorpe is set to join Sydney young gun Logan McDonald – who was another key forward selected in 2020 – in signing through to free agency.

No he didn't. There was talk that he was going to sign an extension, and then there was the official press release of them having done it.
In your dislike for the club, you jumped too early to call them out.

It literally means the opposite. We missed out on bringing in a big name so we have cash to spend now.

The rumours are likely true, the Luko door has closed.
You should probably tell Tom Morris then, given he just said on radio we're still in the lead for him.

You should probably tell Tom Morris then, given he just said on radio we're still in the lead for him.

The thing is where else does he go? If Port can't move Houston they probably don't have the cash. I heard Blues were into him but surely they run out of brown paper bags at some point. Maybe the door is still ajar? Probably just rules out Cummings. Instead of Cummings and Luko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back