Summer RIO 2016 - Ch7 Olympic Coverage Discussion Thread (All Complaints Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Ch7 get fined for claiming that some of their coverage is live and free. The long jump is the perfect example. It's on Ch72 live I assume, but they also have it on Ch7 a little behind in the coverage. Yet they are claiming that it's live and free.
Yeah, I mentioned it in the mega thread, but something I only picked up at the first day of athletics.

Didn't watch any of the swimming, so probably happened there, but during the lane introductions of the heats, they only showed the major runners being introduced and skipped the others.

Yeah, I mentioned it in the mega thread, but something I only picked up at the first day of athletics.

Didn't watch any of the swimming, so probably happened there, but during the lane introductions of the heats, they only showed the major runners being introduced and skipped the others.

I'm sure it was happening throughout their Rio coverage, I just came more aware of it coz i've been home the last couple of days watching it

I meant to write this last week but where is that very plumby Lucinda Green at the Equestrian? instead we have the very plumby Martin Gostelow and ex Aussie equestrian Vicki Roycroft. Vicki sounds like she is about 70 and having a beer and ciggie. And every jump you can hear her taking a sharp breath and worrying about the rail being knocked over especially when an Aussie is jumping. One minute I'm laughing the next I'm saying shut up!

Met a person in the equestrian game yesterday. Apparently the hyphenated one, Montague-Bird or whatever her name is, married a squillionaire in Britain and has a horse worth $8M that she's using in the show jumping event. Has lived in the UK for years, never comes back to Aus, but retains her citizenship to compete for Aus at the Games. Better bloody medal if that's the case!

Met a person in the equestrian game yesterday. Apparently the hyphenated one, Montague-Bird or whatever her name is, married a squillionaire in Britain and has a horse worth $8M that she's using in the show jumping event. Has lived in the UK for years, never comes back to Aus, but retains her citizenship to compete for Aus at the Games. Better bloody medal if that's the case!

wow $8m! damn.

She better get a medal lol

So I just worked out that Mel and Hamish etc are not in Rio, they are in Sydney. Everytime they talk to an athlete or person in Rio, there is delay on the coverage. Mel was just on 7 New as the sports anchor (in the olympics studio) and there was no delay between her and Mark Ferguson talking. If she was in Rio there would be satellite delay.

So I just worked out that Mel and Hamish etc are not in Rio, they are in Sydney. Everytime they talk to an athlete or person in Rio, there is delay on the coverage. Mel was just on 7 New as the sports anchor (in the olympics studio) and there was no delay between her and Mark Ferguson talking. If she was in Rio there would be satellite delay.

I think they are in Sydney, and it's obvious when they are interviewing an athlete or Bruce there's a few seconds delay.

Another poster here mentioned they are in Sydney?

I always thought they were here, not in Rio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, Sydney based studio.

Unlucky as I was holding hope they would stay over there lol
As long as Basil doesn't come back it'd still be a win

They just don't mention they are in Sydney and Mels twitter and instagram went quiet. Hamish hasn't done any commentary on the footy lately has he?

For some reason I thought they would send Mel to Rio since it was a big deal she left ch10 and moved to ch7 for the Olympics

Amanda was impressed with that US gymnast lol

Then she had to do her awkward banter

Her and hamish talk like 2 people trying to get away after a quick pork behind the back sheds at a party

Then she had to do her awkward banter

Her and hamish talk like 2 people trying to get away after a quick pork behind the back sheds at a party

Do you think Hamish was getting jealous when Amanda was talking about the hot US gymnast? lol He went quiet, when she said 'it you have it, then flaunt it' lol

Do you think Hamish was getting jealous when Amanda was talking about the hot US gymnast? lol He went quiet, when she said 'it you have it, then flaunt it' lol

Think he fancied the man a little himself/ cant talk to women/people

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer RIO 2016 - Ch7 Olympic Coverage Discussion Thread (All Complaints Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back