List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for kicking that first goal in the granny and then illegally shepherding Sheed for the mark in the pocket, Rioli.

No thanks for burning our 2019 season into the ground by rubbing those two brain cells together you have by swapping gatorade for your urine.

Not angry or even disappointed. We're at the beginning of a rebuild. Take whatever draft picks we can get

Disappointed after we stuck with Rioli when times are tough for him, but jumps ship the second it gets tonight for us. However, can see the need for him to do what’s best for his family after this latest year. I’ll miss you Junior :( but god I hope we don’t roll over at the trade table

West Coast Eagles talisman and small forward Junior Rioli has reportedly had a medical at Port Adelaide on Monday, meeting with key staff at the club as he weighs up his future.

The Herald Sun is reporting the 27-year-old met with head coach Ken Hinckley and other high-profile staff at the club.
But 9|Adelaide reporter Corey Norris is reporting Rioli has declared he wants Port to be his home in 2023 and that he had coffee with Power premiership player Shaun Burgoyne.

Rioli would need a trade to move to Port Adelaide as they look to fill the whole left by Robbie Gray after he retired at the end of this season.

The mercurial forward has spent time in South Australia before, being drafted from Glenelg in the SANFL in 2016 despite being from the Tiwi Islands.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett has been confident the premiership star would sign on at the Eagles, but Port Adelaide’s strong attention put talks on hold.

North Melbourne have also expressed interest, but a move east appears unlikely for Rioli.

Rioli has played 51 games for the Eagles, including the 2018 premiership but his career has been marred with controversy, including a two-year ban for tampering with a drug test.

An official decision is expected in coming weeks.

Port Board are saying pick 51 or a future 3rd. I reckon we could push for a future second.
If he walked to the PSD Nth or us would pick him up.

Yep walk him to the PSD and give Norf a freebie if that's the case.

Rioli is chasing money & job security for his last significant contract. Not shocking.

If he's keen to stay and it's only the contract that's the issue... surely we're better off paying him for an extra year than a receiving a future 2nd rounder. The likelihood that we'll get someone of his talent & caliber in that draft range is slim.
It's not just about talent it's about character too and he fails the test. You would give him 3 years and he'd be smoking crack half way through next year. Glad your not the list manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep walk him to the PSD and give Norf a freebie if that's the case.
Where the eagles are at with our list he is no great loss anyway. 27 recovering drug addict. Will he still be around when we challenge again ? He could go to rehab ? I say good riddance it's a disgrace he is even contemplating leaving after what he did. I know people that know him and they say he is very immature and has smoked weed from a young age.

Where the eagles are at with our list he is no great loss anyway. 27 recovering drug addict. Will he still be around when we challenge again ? He could go to rehab ? I say good riddance it's a disgrace he is even contemplating leaving after what he did. I know people that know him and they say he is very immature and has smoked weed from a young age.

Mores the point we won't use pick 51, it's worthless to us.

We don't have to take a token offer from Port and they are dumb if they think that's what will get the deal done.

Port Board are saying pick 51 or a future 3rd. I reckon we could push for a future second.
If he walked to the PSD Nth or us would pick him up.

Difficult to see how a trade target that has been aggressively pursued on significant coin for 4yrs is worth pick 51/future third.

Ream em'

Difficult to see how a trade target that has been aggressively pursued on significant coin for 4yrs is worth pick 51/future third.

You have to put your special teal-coloured campaigner glasses on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back