RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ablett/Tuck family have had a hard time losing their kids at young ages.

Geoff Ablett`s son Ryan died aged 27, Gary seniors daughter Natasha died aged 35 and now Tucky at 38.

Plus Gazza jnr`s son who is crook.

Gotta feel for the family.

RIP Tucky, a good Richmond man.

This really sucks. One of my favourites during some difficult days for the club. Played with tenacity and commitment (I recall him playing half a quarter with one arm after his shoulder was dislocated - and he still got a few possessions), and a great guy by all accounts. RIP Tucky.

Did it the hard way to get on an AFL list and gave his all.

Was a true warrior for the Tigers and for that I will be eternally grateful.

RIP Tucky.

Terrible news. Shane was a player I admired heaps, just so hard at the footy and an unmatched determination at the contest.

I remember Terry Wallace talking about him glowingly in the preseason of 2005 - and how he would feature in the midfield. He played every game from then onwards under plough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very upsetting to hear just now of the death of Shane Tuck, a true Richmond Man if ever there was one. A bloke who always gave everything.

Hug your loved ones and think about the words you say because you can't take them back once they're passed.

Vale Tucky. Gone but not forgotten.

Heartfelt condolences to the Tuck and Ablett families in their time of grief. I have two sons and the thought of losing one of them is just devastating.

Terrible, terrible news.

I’ll be honest, I’m usually relatively mellow when I hear of celebrity passings but this onehit me.

When the rumour was going around the traps today my heart sank and was just hoping it simply wasn’t true.

38 years old and from the outside he seemed like a healthy man who still had his best years of life ahead of him.

In terms of a footy tribute, he was such a competitor.
The kind of guy you’d choose first up if you had to jump into the trenches and go to war. It was a non negotiable with Tucky that he brought the hardness, pressure and genuine second and third efforts to every contest.
In a era of darkness you looked forward to watching Tucky go about his business and you knew he’d be the one you could count on when the chips were down and he’d make a contest out of it.

To be truly respected by the football community shows you are a man that got 110% out of your self and could look back at your career with no regrets.

While I never met the man in person it seems like all those who encountered him genuinely met a down to earth person.

RIP Tucky
You will be missed.

The depths that mental health issues can take just don’t discriminate, we as men need to take better care of ourselves and speak up and talk if we’re having troubles.
Always somebody who is able to listen and help.
I implore anybody feeling signs of depression or any mental illness to seek assistance.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if you can't see it yet.

Gave his all for us , loved him becouse you knew he would will himself to get the ball and get smashed to help the team, the guy was full of courage, rip mate , im sure you and spud will be having a laugh in heaven.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back