Riverina FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grongey the RFL is already a East Vs West competition, the problem is that the Club in no mans land keeps winning the bloody thing

Can any Tigers blokes confirm or deny that Tigers committee have already begun talks with a new coach for 2011?

comfirm of course they would be they miss out this year :cool: what are peoples throughts on the rep squad looks to me like a good mix tough job to pick the team how many to be cut tips for the weekend
GGGM
coolman
narrandera
MCU

Good to hear backman but i dont think you should accept it.. I know a lot of clubs would have the tigers as their fave to be relegated and a lot of people and clubs would enjoy to see the tigers do bad, but the fact is the tigers make the comp a lot stronger and appealing than any current farrer side. It was only a few years ago that they were in afl canberra, one of the strongest comps in aus. below the afl, vfl and sanfl. They won the comp in 2007, not that long ago. I am one that hated the tigers when i was playing. But gee i would hate to see them go out of the rfl. The rating/standard of the league will decrease even more. Imagine not playing the tigers, it wouldn't feel right. No grudge matches against turvey that has been going for 20 years or more. Collingulie probably desrve a go in the rfl after their dominance and keeness to move up, but i dont think it should be at the expence of a club/s that have had a long and successful time in the rfl such as the tigers, and to a lesser extent griff, leeton and narrandera. The rfl need to go back to the drawing board!! I'm with welshman dont stuff the league you've done enough already!! With the GWS coming in is the perfect time to get the league strong again and promote it as being a potential pathway to the afl

I can name a couple other leagues stronger than AFL Canberra. WAFL, VAFA A Grade and QAFL spring to mind. They wont drop tigers, it just wont happen.

tigers havent been playing bad football. with young teams its patchy and are learning very quickly pappy and gayns are best on most week's and learning the coaching trade very quickly and we know its not far around the corner once we get a side that sticks together it'll show on the score board. one quarter lost the game against leeton. as a side and club we are learning and everyone around the club is while disapointed on a saturday evening it is still up beat and with only 6 games played know its a long way to go. and relegation hasnt been mentioned as a playing group yet. im very confident we will still be in the RFL next year and back up there. over and out

good to come back and see you still voicing your opinion backman! while it is heartwarming to see the tiges bringing up the rear there shouldnt be any doubt they will bounce back and be back thereabouts soon. you would be getting a run in 1s tho wouldnt u backman? especially with all this alcohol-free months i keep reading about! ;)

comfirm of course they would be they miss out this year :cool: what are peoples throughts on the rep squad looks to me like a good mix tough job to pick the team how many to be cut tips for the weekend
GGGM
coolman
narrandera
MCU

Turvey Park will beat Coolamon this week. on fire at the moment. as long as its not wet as the wet doesnt suit their young quick running players

Well done by Greg Carroll and the AFL Riverina Board to pick up the major sponsorship from OAMPS for the Farrer and Riverina Leagues (DA 29 May).
[Shane]Buchanan said the new deal would help both competitions in several ways.
"To steal a line from our friends at OAMPS, we want to try to make our community stronger," Buchanan said.
"We want to promote our game a lot better through the media and the community."
Here here to that.

I can name a couple other leagues stronger than AFL Canberra. WAFL, VAFA A Grade and QAFL spring to mind. They wont drop tigers, it just wont happen.
i think he was refering to one of the best country comps. most canberra teams usually beat o and m teams in practice matches. and afl canberra won the country championships last year against vic, so it is pretty strong.
why dont the league just leave the comps how they are and let teams go up if they want to and teams go down if they are struggling, seems the simple answer. its only gullie that want to go up, so let them and see how they go, maybe they wont like getting beaten and go back down. afl canberra has 4 divisions and clubs can choose if the want to go up or down and field extra sides as they make up the numbers, only individual clubs know how they are situated and decide what is best for them and the development of their club, no one forces them to go up or down. woden i think won 3 flags before they went up, yass won div 4 two years ago and struggled for numbers the next year, goulburn won last year but are not ready to go up. leave it to the clubs to decide you league excecutives as if you force a team up or down, it might mean the end of another club and ruin things completely. just a thought :confused:

Well done by Greg Carroll and the AFL Riverina Board to pick up the major sponsorship from OAMPS for the Farrer and Riverina Leagues (DA 29 May).
Here here to that.

well it must be going to do it on TV because the DA is so sub-standard at the momment it is a complete joke

i think he was refering to one of the best country comps. most canberra teams usually beat o and m teams in practice matches. and afl canberra won the country championships last year against vic, so it is pretty strong.
why dont the league just leave the comps how they are and let teams go up if they want to and teams go down if they are struggling, seems the simple answer. its only gullie that want to go up, so let them and see how they go, maybe they wont like getting beaten and go back down. afl canberra has 4 divisions and clubs can choose if the want to go up or down and field extra sides as they make up the numbers, only individual clubs know how they are situated and decide what is best for them and the development of their club, no one forces them to go up or down. woden i think won 3 flags before they went up, yass won div 4 two years ago and struggled for numbers the next year, goulburn won last year but are not ready to go up. leave it to the clubs to decide you league excecutives as if you force a team up or down, it might mean the end of another club and ruin things completely. just a thought :confused:

yeah i agree with that in a country area like this it really should be on the clubs to decide it would certainly solve the problem of trying to please everyone, which you cant do by forcing certain clubs to move and go down etc as it is currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would that work here? it is a good idea but would there be a restriction on the number of clubs in each league, you might find 10 or 12 clubs want to be in the rfl and only 4 in farrer. If there was a restriction you would have the current situation of one club wanting to go up but nobody wants to go down. It could work but egos would have to be put aside

Great win by the Mango boys on the weekend, second on the ladder, but not enjoying seeing Griffith in the relegation zone today. If the Swans end up in the Farrer, there's some long road trips ahead - the Rock, not to mention Wagga games at CSU, EWK, North Wagga etc

Great win by the Mango boys on the weekend, second on the ladder, but not enjoying seeing Griffith in the relegation zone today. If the Swans end up in the Farrer, there's some long road trips ahead - the Rock, not to mention Wagga games at CSU, EWK, North Wagga etc

wont happen

I see the Farrer League flogged RFL today. Very surprising considering the unavailable Farrer players that were missing.

I meant players missing from the original squad. I realise that RFL were also missing some but i reckon Farrer were missing a lot more of their best.

I see the Farrer League flogged RFL today. Very surprising considering the unavailable Farrer players that were missing.
I would like to extend an invitation to the better players and clubs in the rfl to join the farrer league as this would be a great opportunity for your players to be able to experience a better standard of football and competition. The criteria to join shall be relaxed for a short time only!!!!:p

I would like to extend an invitation to the better players and clubs in the rfl to join the farrer league as this would be a great opportunity for your players to be able to experience a better standard of football and competition. The criteria to join shall be relaxed for a short time only!!!!:p

We were wondering if this meant that the Gullie are no longer wanting to join the RFL, as they are already in the top league????

I meant players missing from the original squad. I realise that RFL were also missing some but i reckon Farrer were missing a lot more of their best.

probably a bit easier to tell the difference between the best and the worst in the farrer..... because of the lack of depth. anyhow, rfl flogged farrer saturday when it had a bench... and by more than what farrer beat rfl by sunday. RFL on aggrigate!

Its a AFLNSW mickey mouse concept, a novelty (like the league concepts of 2009), it will never replace a full scale game all it does is expose players to higher injury risk and doesn't achieve anything, most of the players selected in NSW country team will be from along the border. Why is Hume league allowed to drop out and play against VCFL. Next year lets get serious, Farrer play Riverina, one game one weekend, the winner plays winner out of Black Diamond & Sydney under 23s or what ever on another weekend, simple ! basic !. The sooner the AFL let the leagues run our own affairs and not a office in Sydney the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back