Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry it has taken a while for me to come back to life on this forum. However things have been rather slow in the off season, due to personal holidays to thailand, the festive season and the lack of off season movements around the place, it has kept me busy with the horse racing side of things.

However the season is undoubtedly drawing closer, and you will see more attention given the the league in the coming weeks, in particular a season preview as we get underway with the various practice matches. Team lists should also be getting closer to finalisation- in regards to signings and departures, so I look forward to seeing the end results.

Yours in football.. Matt

Good to have you on board Matt, just don't let that ill informed and scarastic work colleague Les 'sourpuss' Muir write anything on AFL in the region in 2009.

Peter Heath - gun player and top bloke - as mentioned earlier he can be played anywhere. Narrandera will certainly miss him during 2009 but not the once highly touted Adam Bourke!

Heard more good recruits are on the cards at Leeton, they are going to be hard to beat in 2009 and certainly should build on 2008's impressive season where all teams played in the finals.

Head, whats happening at Narrandera? Very little news regarding recruits except Brett Powell. An unsuccessful attempt at recruiting in the Goulburn Valley from my understanding as well despite offering a good amount of coin too!

Also, well done to the boys from GGGM and Leeton who made the NSW/ACT Under 18 squad for 2009.
Not much happening Guru. Boys are training very hard and a lot of young blokes at training. So we are fairly excited about the debut of a few. About 35 there last night so good to fair numbers for a hot night. Yes we did have a go down south, ended up with 4 fruit pickers and a dairy farmer, alas no footballers.:eek:

i hear bit of tension at the eagles nest, reason tim sullivan leaving because coach grintell cant handle his piss and said few wrong things to young turtle!!

i hear bit of tension at the eagles nest, reason tim sullivan leaving because coach grintell cant handle his piss and said few wrong things to young turtle!!

Im fairly sure Turtle left for work reasons, seriously why would he pack up and leave town just because someone got pissed and give him some lip. Surley there is something a bit more interesting happening in the RFL then this.

Im fairly sure Turtle left for work reasons, seriously why would he pack up and leave town just because someone got pissed and give him some lip. Surley there is something a bit more interesting happening in the RFL then this.
pretty sure there was fisty cuffs flyin and all!! i think tim already had his mind made up about the move, but if he didnt grintell sure made it up for him with his behaviour!

pretty sure there was fisty cuffs flyin and all!! i think tim already had his mind made up about the move, but if he didnt grintell sure made it up for him with his behaviour!
Both top fella's and hardly an aggressive bone between them, yes, pissed and words were exchanged. The tractor probably feeling a little frustrated that we've lost a few and Turtle copped the brunt. But they have both moved on and put it down to the piss. But "fisty cuff's":(, Please. Pillow fight at 40 paces,:D. No prob's in the Eagles camp boys. Some one farts here and you boys are onto it, cos we're the one's you love to hate. :thumbsu:

I hear on the grape vine, young levi pollett has re-injuried his ankle if u recall he missed up to 6 rounds end of last yr with ankle trouble could of done similiar damage!! doggies wont be happy about that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear on the grape vine, young levi pollett has re-injuried his ankle if u recall he missed up to 6 rounds end of last yr with ankle trouble could of done similiar damage!! doggies wont be happy about that!
Such a sh:thumbsu:t stirrer arent u brit!! How ever both stories u have come up with are true!! Word out of hawks camp is its becuz pollet has a heart the size of a pee!! Lets hope its not in his contract to get paid when he doesnt play!!

My very EARLY Predictions of top 5
Coolamon
Leeton
Turvey
GGGM
Tigers

Thinking maybe a cooalmon leeton grand final, should pull a big crowd if it is.

leeton
ganmain
coolamon
turvey
tigers

hawks
narranderra
griffith
mango
north wagga

ganmain have picked up clint taylor and andrew roberts from marrar, clint taylor probly the best chb around here other than mcpherson

My very EARLY Predictions of top 5
Coolamon
Leeton
Turvey
GGGM
Tigers

Thinking maybe a cooalmon leeton grand final, should pull a big crowd if it is.

I can't see Coolamon improving enough to match it with Leeton and Gainmain. They have lost two gun forwards and their replacements they have picked up are past the best and coming from the Farrer League. Anyway, I wouldn't want to go to a Grand Final full of Coolamon supporters. Their would probably be 5,000 of them but only 3 sets of teeth between the lot.

Leeton
Ganmain
Turvey
Coolamon
East Wagga

Tigers
Narrandera
Griffith
Mango
North Wagga

leeton
ganmain
coolamon
turvey
tigers

hawks
narranderra
griffith
mango
north wagga

ganmain have picked up clint taylor and andrew roberts from marrar, clint taylor probly the best chb around here other than mcpherson

How can you say a bloke from the Farrer league is the best CHB in the area after Mcpherson? Will be a handy half back flanker in the RFL.

How can you say a bloke from the Farrer league is the best CHB in the area after Mcpherson? Will be a handy half back flanker in the RFL.

mcpherson is the best by a mile, but clint taylor has been farrer rep chb for last 3 or 4 years.. i cant think of too many better chb in farrer or riverina league! if there is im happy to hear some names???

mcpherson is the best by a mile, but clint taylor has been farrer rep chb for last 3 or 4 years.. i cant think of too many better chb in farrer or riverina league! if there is im happy to hear some names???
Jeff Mickan, when allowed to play CHB is as honest as the days long. No near Mcphers but ahead of Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back