Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've all agreed on here b4, Perko very good. As a backman sort of bloke you hated playing on because he can lead hard and long and if it's delivered anywhere inside 60 he's a chance to hurt you. By his own admission he likes the party life so we have never seen the best of him. But if he's got himself fit and committed to footy.... Not sure who will make up their mid 6 but if he gets good supply then a ton for Perko is a shoe in. Care to comment Oncewas or you still sooking about Pistpats swipe.;)

you are a knob arent you head lol, well from what i heard when i was in wagga on the weekend was that perko is looking fit and is ready to go. i believe from my reports is that the boys are training hard and getting good numbers.

and like i said i will report on more when the time comes

Some how we've gone from a rumour about a "new" rfl coach to Pat Gribble becoming a woman... I'm with you Head, that would be one extremely ugly chick!!

Back onto the footy. How do you Eastern Hawks boys think Ben Perkins will go this year? He is one of the best country footballers I've seen and from all reports he is looking as fit as he's been for quite a while. Will be a strong forward line with both him and O'laughlin up there.

Perkins to have a big year,sais hes the keenest hes been in years to play.
hawks forward line should be strong with perko,ricky,noosa and knnoxy running about down there plenty of height and marking power. hear there is a leading goalkicker from another league is set to join hawks aswell so more firepower.
hawks midfield may be the weak link with not a hole lot of depth so may struggle alittle without db and pollett this year

They will definately miss Bromham, he was a hard nut. As for Pollett, I don't think he played in the midfield at all did he? I'm pretty sure he was a back flanker and they are pretty confident they can fill his position from what I've heard. Joel Greive would be a handy replacement?? They definately need more in the middle though. I can't think of any real guns in the midfield.

Leeton look the goods this year. They are about to sign a couple from Tassie to add to their already strong young list. They'll be hard to beat. Great to see from a team that couldn't win a game 18 months ago.

They will definately miss Bromham, he was a hard nut. As for Pollett, I don't think he played in the midfield at all did he? I'm pretty sure he was a back flanker and they are pretty confident they can fill his position from what I've heard. Joel Greive would be a handy replacement?? They definately need more in the middle though. I can't think of any real guns in the midfield.

Leeton look the goods this year. They are about to sign a couple from Tassie to add to their already strong young list. They'll be hard to beat. Great to see from a team that couldn't win a game 18 months ago.

db definetly a big loss, as for pollett was a second change on baller at times and was handy, when u lose 2 players when u already lacked alittle depth it will be hard to cover!! have heard the coach is bringing a gun onballer but will have to wait and see if that happens. fingers crossed!

Does anyone know a peter heath??? i think he played in this league last year?
Good fella and very talented footballer. Played with the Narrandera Eagles last 2 years and won a club B/F and 2nd in the league. Had a run with the Wodonga Raiders b4 that and his then coach(Dean Lupson) relied on him heavily as utility. Hard man to impress, Luppo, but he rates " The Rabbit" Heath, highly. Worth medium to heavy coin.

Thanks rockstar, Ruck as a fifth onballer would be nice, think weve secured him. Should help us get over the line this year and make up for a loss or two. Only been hanging around myself to win a premiership here then move elsewhere, id imagine petes doin the same thing. Might move back down there with him, he looks handy from training with him but yet to see him play. Anyone need a Short gutsy quick onballer???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks rockstar, Ruck as a fifth onballer would be nice, think weve secured him. Should help us get over the line this year and make up for a loss or two. Only been hanging around myself to win a premiership here then move elsewhere, id imagine petes doin the same thing. Might move back down there with him, he looks handy from training with him but yet to see him play. Anyone need a Short gutsy quick onballer???
Most of Leeton players lack Guts, but if your a good bloke you would fit in well at the Eagles.... Say hello to the Rabbit from Head for me.

Narrandera Eagles v Osborne on Friday March 13 at Narrandera Sportsground (night game).
Be buggered playing any trials in this friggen heat....it's bad enough playing cricket in it!

Hey guys, sorry it has taken a while for me to come back to life on this forum. However things have been rather slow in the off season, due to personal holidays to thailand, the festive season and the lack of off season movements around the place, it has kept me busy with the horse racing side of things.

However the season is undoubtedly drawing closer, and you will see more attention given the the league in the coming weeks, in particular a season preview as we get underway with the various practice matches. Team lists should also be getting closer to finalisation- in regards to signings and departures, so I look forward to seeing the end results.

Yours in football.. Matt

Hey guys, sorry it has taken a while for me to come back to life on this forum. However things have been rather slow in the off season, due to personal holidays to thailand, the festive season and the lack of off season movements around the place, it has kept me busy with the horse racing side of things.

However the season is undoubtedly drawing closer, and you will see more attention given the the league in the coming weeks, in particular a season preview as we get underway with the various practice matches. Team lists should also be getting closer to finalisation- in regards to signings and departures, so I look forward to seeing the end results.

Yours in football.. Matt

How can u be at marrar trainin and post on big footy at the same time pat?

Peter Heath - gun player and top bloke - as mentioned earlier he can be played anywhere. Narrandera will certainly miss him during 2009 but not the once highly touted Adam Bourke!

Heard more good recruits are on the cards at Leeton, they are going to be hard to beat in 2009 and certainly should build on 2008's impressive season where all teams played in the finals.

Head, whats happening at Narrandera? Very little news regarding recruits except Brett Powell. An unsuccessful attempt at recruiting in the Goulburn Valley from my understanding as well despite offering a good amount of coin too!

Also, well done to the boys from GGGM and Leeton who made the NSW/ACT Under 18 squad for 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back