Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

len lyons movements will be well documented in this season of australias next top model, really taking advantage of his hieght for once. Best of luck len .

Was wondering if you guys could shed any light on a onballer from Leeton Brett Guest. How does he go etc..... Apparently has signed with the BB Saints (Hume League) on reasonable coin by all reports.

Coolamon looking the goods for 09, with hard and the some others heading back that that way. Along with chambo should be a half handy team. Rumours also circling that a full forward from a Farrer league club has also been in discussions with the green and with boys, and it aint pavitt.

i heard hooker is definitely going and thorpe is staying atm!

any truth to the rumour that ricky o and the boys out there had a turnout of only 8 for their first trainin run?

again RFL Ressies what you have heard are rumours but will give some details from hawk land soon, so stay tuned.

Coolamon looking the goods for 09, with hard and the some others heading back that that way. Along with chambo should be a half handy team. Rumours also circling that a full forward from a Farrer league club has also been in discussions with the green and with boys, and it aint pavitt.

Also hearing of a Farrer CHF talking to a Wagga based RFL club...

You still alive deeks..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you wouldnt be talking of brown from temora would ya? heard he wanted to test himself in RFL.

Brett Guest is a gun, 1 of leetons best this year, struggle to see him leaving seeing all his family and friends and work are in leeton but money does talk so who knows!

its jason brown from the rock but also heard hes in negotiation with a couple other clubs including temora and a hume league side

again RFL Ressies what you have heard are rumours but will give some details from hawk land soon, so stay tuned.

i have also heard this from a well regarded east wagga source, if there is one. as for the east wagga boys under the radar, i think the best place for them is to be flying under the radar, if they ever did register on it ..

best news atm is rebuilding phase for the hawks and finals in 2011.

as for len lyons, i think head may have to take him under his wing and develop him into the dean cox or andrew priest lenny thinks he is capable of emulating

One for you Turkey park boys. One of your 2 boys leaving to return north will be back in April @ Gumly. Talk about secret mens buisness, you wagga boys really need to talk more. Now i'm in retirement, 1st away game to watch this year will be Turkey Vs The Gumly Gang. :cool::D

what is the news out at ganmain they seem to flying low as usual...any big losses apart from habel? have picked couple of handy players from farrar and macri out of retirement will be big bonus!

Turvey have signed another gun i hear?

East Waggas coach still hasn't made the trip over...

North Wagga getting huge numbers to training, but know signs of an ex AFL player...

Bulldogs collar MARQUEE PLAYER

TURVEY Park has bounced back from the departure of Matt Hooker with the announcement of the signing of marquee player Corey Munson.
Just a day after star midfielder Matt Hooker’s exit was made official, Turvey Park has been quick to get back on the front foot and unveil its latest recruit.

A decorated footballer from AFL Queensland club Labrador, Munson will arrive at Maher Oval as the Bulldogs’ new centre-half-forward.

Labelled “mercurial” at his previous stopover, Munson has been dubbed by Turvey Park as the perfect replacement for its previous excitement machine Hooker.

Turvey Park coach Anthony Dowdle was thrilled to announce the signing yesterday.

“We’re more than excited about it, we couldn’t be happier,” Dowdle said yesterday.

“I couldn’t believe it when we got onto him.

“He’s a big game player and teaming up with Jimmy Elliott, it means we’re going to have two pretty potent

forward players.”

The Bulldogs were forced to act quickly on Munson after hearing about his availability on Monday.

Munson was moving back to the area but appeared to be heading to Murray League club Barooga.

But once several of Munson’s close friends at Turvey Park found out, he was soon headed to the Bulldogs.

Dowdle said it was the perfect replacement for the departing Hooker.

“He’s another excitement machine who is going to bring people through the gate,” Dowdle said.

“I’d say there’d be some clubs that were pretty happy with (yesterday’s) back page but this is going to wipe the smirks off their faces.

“I know we got a couple of players off East Wagga but we always try and look outside the area to get blokes.

“We did it with Michael Wheatley and now we’ve been able to get another one.

“He’s going to be a fantastic player for this competition.”

Munson yesterday told The Daily Advertiser he was genuinely excited to be returning to an Australian football stronghold.

“I’m pretty rapt to be heading to the kennel,” Munson said yesterday.

“I’ve always liked being in a footy culture and I loved playing in the Ovens and Murray League where there were big crowds.

“Up here on the Gold Coast, there would be 50 people at games. So I’m really looking forward to it and I think it’s going to get me really keen again.”

Coaching staff confirmed
JOSH LANG

THE Leeton-Whitton Football and Netball Club’s charge to the 2009 season has started with the Crows securing coaching staff for nearly all its grades and announcing some new signings.
Last year every one of the Crows’ Australian football, netball and junior grades made finals and the club will be looking to match that amazing feat this season.

In first grade, Tasmanian recruit Josh Hall re-signed with the club just before Christmas and will also have the role of assistant coach this year.

Mick Fraser will continue to coach the reserves and will be joined by Jamie Broadbent as his assistant coach.

Broadbent has played over 150 first grade games for the Crows and returns to the club after a year playing for Tullibigeal in the Northern Riverina league.

Damian Lang will continue to lead the under 17s, while in the junior grades Dave Meline will coach the under 15s and Tim Carroll the under 13s. James Hopper is assistant coach in the under 11s and is currently looking for help.

Kathryn Bechaz will continue to look after junior netball, which grew to have two teams last year. Annalyse Carroll will join her as assistant coach, while Wendy Horton will lead C grade.

Club secretary Travis Irvin said they have not yet finalised the combined A and B grade coaching job.

“We’re still negotiating with a few people over the A/B grade role,” he said.

Along with Broadbent, Irvin also announced more players would be returning the Crows.

“(Northern Jets premiership player) Matt Robertson has indicated he would like to return to the club,” he said. “He has been training with us.

“He is having elbow surgery, but just to get a bit of a clean out.

“Kieran Moon is also returning to the club after a season with Balmain.

“He’s a former under 18s premiership captain.”

In a loss to the club, 2008 first grade best and fairest Brett Guest has moved on. Guest is joining Hume League club Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock Saints

what is the news out at ganmain they seem to flying low as usual...any big losses apart from habel? have picked couple of handy players from farrar and macri out of retirement will be big bonus!

From out of the area. but know of Habel, where is he playing this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back