Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - 7:25PM Thursday 22nd March @ MCG - Team - post #1352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the tour last week, great fun. Tony says 70m including past the goals. Showed my sons later on YouTube as they didn't believe it and it really is an incredible torp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I did the tour in last week in Feb, the day before the JLT game against St Kilda and thought it was fantastic.

There was an old guy who was on the tour with his two sons and he was at 1945 bloodbath GF and spent about 10 mins telling stories of what happened that day. He also had a great story about the 1947 GF against Essendon.

Sorry to intrude, I've just posted this in our preview thread, it's for anyone interested in going to the game who hasn't already purchased a ticket...

MCG have updated their General Admission seating section:

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING AREAS
Great Southern Stand
Q1-Q3 (Rows P-DD)*

Ponsford Stand
Nil

Olympic Stand
Q51-Q55 (Rows AA-MM)*

*Available for pre-purchased general admission ticket holders and club members (subject to change).

So Ponsford stand is all sold out, 13 rows in 5 bays of the Olympic stand and 15 rows in 3 bays of the Southern stand are for PRE PURCHASED GEN ADMIN and GEN ADMIN HOME MEMBERS only... ie: at this stage there is NO WALK UP TICKET PURCHASES!

Best of luck for the game!

Bloody hell. You dont know how badly i want to see Casbpults knee crash into Rance's head. Will be a sight

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You and me both, I think it could be the big advantage of playing McKay, Casboult and Charlie in the one side - we can drag up and down the ground get marking target both in front and behind and have him get caught in a position where he is simply backing back into a spot where he will be a setp ladder for one of our big marking forwards.

I was about five months old when it happened, and the footage is always remarkable to watch. Poor old Mark Maclure looked like he was having a torrid time. The amazing thing is how far the kick sailed through the goals. I mean, it’s gone back into the stand by 15 or 20 metres.

I first gerried last year or early this year in an interview ... cannot find it for the life of me ... that mentioned "career ending injury" in relation to Ed....... but didn't specify as to the exact gravity of the injury .. but damn. I don't know what it takes to crush a larynx, but geez louise, it must be substantial ....

The Chook Lotto got that SO wrong.

You and me both, I think it could be the big advantage of playing McKay, Casboult and Charlie in the one side - we can drag up and down the ground get marking target both in front and behind and have him get caught in a position where he is simply backing back into a spot where he will be a setp ladder for one of our big marking forwards.

Then we will be too tall we need to keep in the ball in our forward line as much as possible.

I say we play Charlie on the wing and let him roam into the forward 50 with Levi playing as a negative forward on Rance.

Or Charlie playing the negative forward role on Rance and Levi the link up between the back line and the forwards.

They have 2 or 3 stars Rance, Martin and Presta that means the rest of their team works very hard that's the way they romped the finals last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we will be too tall we need to keep in the ball in our forward line as much as possible.

I say we play Charlie on the wing and let him roam into the forward 50 with Levi playing as a negative forward on Rance.

Or Charlie playing the negative forward role on Rance and Levi the link up between the back line and the forwards.

They have 2 or 3 stars Rance, Martin and Presta that means the rest of their team works very hard that's the way they romped the finals last year.

Oh hell NO!!

I first gerried last year or early this year in an interview ... cannot find it for the life of me ... that mentioned "career ending injury" in relation to Ed....... but didn't specify as to the exact gravity of the injury .. but damn. I don't know what it takes to crush a larynx, but geez louise, it must be substantial ....

The Chook Lotto got that SO wrong.
Pretty sure I remember reading at the time that this type of injury can be life threatening, which makes sense and clearly the time it has taken him to get back to full health is an indication too.
Not sure if it was actually looked at by the MRP, but if that's insufficient force, the next step up would be lethal. If there's ever a time that medical records could be used to full effect at the tribunal, this was it.

Bold idea but I cant see it.

Oh hell NO!!
I like what macca43 is saying. That will make the evening very uncomfortable for young Alex!!! Don't like the idea of copying the tigers game plan of small ball/locking it in with frenetic pressure. They stumbled across this by necessity. Doesn't mean it works for everyone. We have different weapons at our disposal

Richmond supporters on this site have really made me just want to see them crash and burn. I've never witnessed a more arrogant bunch of shits in my life. Even Collingwood fans in 2010 celebrated with more dignity and humility.

Granted we most probably won't win this week but if they were to implode and tumble down the ladder I would enjoy the shit out of it.

The best way to keep the ball in your forward line is to mark the thing and with the likes of Garlett, SPS, Fisher, Wright going through the forward line we will have plenty of pressure on the ball coming out.

On charlie on the wing I would have him playing as a half forward but playing the more N Riewoldt type role pushing high up and getting all the way back, this will drag a key defender out with him making things easier for Caboult and McKay to get 1 on 1's and playing both of them should make the remaining ke defenders separate rather than just sag back into the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back